[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best Machinima series, prove me wrong Pro tip: You can;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
38 KB, 480x360
This is the best Machinima series, prove me wrong

Pro tip: You can;_;
>>
File: leet world.jpg (750 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
leet world.jpg
750 KB, 1280x720
Best machinima ever coming through
>>
>>338042776
the series ended with fucking suicide
>>
I remember loving Deus Ex Machina back in the day, but I'm guessing it doesn't hold up well now:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vg_ZkoUteLM

Also why didn't machinima carry over into Halo Reach?
>>
>>338042776
First few seasons focusing on action figures playing various games and doing random crap was the best part of it.

When it became too Halo machina centric with a plot, it got kinda dull and melodramatic.
>>
Hard Justice is great
So is Phil
>>
>>338042776
Do people make proper machinima anymore or has it died out?
>>
>>338043187
Agreed, it focused a lot on Arbiter being mopey for a girl and dealing with the hackers or whatever. Jon keeps doing the Bytes though, which are basically old school skits and just that, no over-arching story.
>>
>>338042776
The last part I remeber is Chief literally murdering Cortana and a plot about some hacker with a dying sister
That and Arbiter constantly thinking about death just made it too depressing for me to continue
>>
>>338043498
They actually killed themselves man, but they came back somehow, idk I haven't followed it either.
>>
>That episode chief ruins some Halo erper wedding

That was hilarious.
>>
>>338043165
Did Reach even have a theater mode? Or was that 4?
>>
Nothing will beat the early seasons of Red vs Blue.
>>
>>338043498
From what I've heard, Machinima forced Jon to continue the series. Jon was suffering from deep depression (read his older blog posts) and he was really inspired by Breaking Bad which led to the dark tone of the later seasons of Arby 'n' the Chief. Arbiter talking about how depressed and lost he was was like a mouthpiece.
>>
>>338044012
Fuck Machinima, Oneyng was always right from the very beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aTEbqBqP8Q
>>
>>338043373
It died out thanks to the fucking Machinima channel trying to buy out every single mancinima on youtube
>>
File: f.jpg (46 KB, 339x298) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
46 KB, 339x298
>>338044371
>>
>Jon is now a patreon whore
>When he could have jumped on the RoosterTeeth train when they flew him out to make two skits and continued to make Arby n The Chief to his hearts content.
I guess he still had film school but he should have just taken it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.