[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>CO is incredibly ugly and has bad gameplay >DCUO is t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 0040541.jpg (155 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
0040541.jpg
155 KB, 800x600
>CO is incredibly ugly and has bad gameplay
>DCUO is too limited in its customization
>City of Titans will never be released
>No game will ever fill the void in your heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0
>>
it still hurts.

I miss this game dearly.
>>
File: 17598.jpg (633 KB, 1600x1140) Image search: [Google]
17598.jpg
633 KB, 1600x1140
It seems minor, but what bugs me about CO's graphics the most are the faces. I mean, CoH never really had great graphics, and the game was really poorly optimized on modern hardware, but it had its charm.

But I just can't stand the same-face syndrome CO suffers from. You have all these sliders, yet unless you wear a mask you will always have the same face. CoH had static faces with some minor sliders, but it gave you a selection of a few dozen faces for variety.

Lord of the Rings Online has bad sameface too, which is doubly odd because the NPCs all have beautiful static faces while all the player characters look alike.
>>
I don't nogistalgia over a lot, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcjoOdVHR8
Just listen to that and try not to feel anything.
>>
>>338043860
That theme brings back a lot of memories.

Did you know City of Heroes/Villain's music was composed by the same guy who did the score for Gauntlet Legends? He actually used some his previous work in Gauntlet Legends in CoH. Blew my mind when I was younger.
>>
Whatever happend to the Storm/Dark Defender Mustachioed Man? Did he just get lost in time, like tears in the rain?
>>
>>338044978
Didn't know that. And I loved the N64 version of Legends.

The worst part about Paragon/CoH's shutdown is that they had just hired a bunch of people to ramp up development on CoH2. There was even supposed to be a "final" Issue for CoH that lead into Issue 1 of CoH2
>>
>>338043860
It's a good morning for suicide
>>
File: 1463586351621.jpg (18 KB, 313x161) Image search: [Google]
1463586351621.jpg
18 KB, 313x161
>you had so many great ideas
>one was an illusionist with telekinesis
>his main costume was one where he had a pretty standard fishbowl head with battlerobe
>he had a second "after death" brain in the fishbowl robot body costume
>he's gone forever now
I also miss my campiest hero, the Water/Ele blaster, Hydrostatic Force
>>
I wish I could find another game with a community like CoH's. A bunch of somewhat older comic book fans obsessed with being heroes, kicking ass, and looking good while doing it. Even making up their own stories between each other and playing them out.

Every MMO I've played since, the community treats the game like a job and everyone is obsessed with efficiency/"progression".
>>
>>338046907
try CO

I know there's still a dedicated RP community in that game and the customization is top notch
>>
File: alphas.jpg (168 KB, 1655x923) Image search: [Google]
alphas.jpg
168 KB, 1655x923
>>338047038
Maybe I should try CO again. I was a tester for it. I watched it go from a more actiony CoH with free power selection to a generic MMO where one of the first quests was seriously auto-attacking wolves in the wilderness. Watching all the other testers complain basically "it's not WoW" killed any satisfaction I got out of the game.
>>
File: cohsuperstrong4.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
cohsuperstrong4.png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>338043860

I loved CoH but honestly that theme was ass. Villain theme was godlike.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53520447/V_Music2_loop.ogg
>>
What is CO so I can check it oot
>>
>>338047639
Champions Online
>>
File: ayyy.png (21 KB, 215x189) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
21 KB, 215x189
>>338047717
Thnx m8
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.