[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how's Persona Q? I really liked playing Persona 4G a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
So how's Persona Q?

I really liked playing Persona 4G a while ago, and this game was basically sold out for a long while here (rare, low amount of imported copies).

My 3DS is basically collecting dust. Should I do it?
>>
Just hack your 3DS and try it out
>>
>>338037975
Persona Q is nothing like P4G. You should look gameplay videos up.
>>
>>338037975
Have you played any first person dungeon crawlers? Think of Wizardry or Etrian Odyssey.
Because PQ is that.
>>
Its a Persona Ree-skin of Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>338038206
Huh, looks weird but also kind of nice. Considering I've got a bit sick of running around dungeons in P4G.
>>
>>338038368
Eh PQ is okay as a dungeon crawler, some of the dungeons are well designed but the game is easy to break and characters never shut up. Music is great.
>>
>>338037975
Don't play it with you're not a Etrian Odyssey Fan. It has nothing that you liked from Persona other than it having its characters.
>>
Boring as hell. The first 3 dungeons were fun, but the festival and that other shit after no thanks.
>>
>>338037975
THIS CAROUSEL
>>
you can marry your waifu
>>
3rd dungeon is the best
>>
It's fun, but it's very different from P4. Don't expect the same gameplay (like, at all).
>>
>>338037975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v67N-lHqhV0
>>
File: DSC_0006.jpg (3 MB, 3437x2150) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0006.jpg
3 MB, 3437x2150
>>338039256
I did exactly that and married best girl.
>>
>>338039146

Best vidya opening of all time.

OF ALL TIME
>>
>>338037975
Hack it and find out.
It's not nearly as food as any other mainline Atlus title. It's like they took EO, stripped it down, took persona, stripped it down, and made this really unfun dungeon crawler.

Seriously, the pacing is fucking awful, the visuals suck, and the story is complete nonsense. The fact that the story occurs at a point in between the main plot of the real games makes it all pointless since they dont remember shit.

I don't think anything is particulaly great about it if you like Persona or SMT. I couldn't bring myself to play past the third area, the game is dry as fuck.
>>
>>338043269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DofvnDAGVoc

Dance had a better opening imo
>>
>>338043094
best boy

best girl is not in the game though
>>
File: 1440517941158.png (1011 KB, 1000x1100) Image search: [Google]
1440517941158.png
1011 KB, 1000x1100
>>
>>338037975
i have it and it's garbage. If they just made it like P4 dungeon crawling with the same battle system it would have been better times infinite. I got bored before I completed the second floor of the first dungeon.
>>
>>338045246
This guy's got it.
You're better off playing EOIV or Untold 1/2 for a complete experience.
Even if you just want the Persona experience, the characters have been reduced to caricatures and the story doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>338046719
The game isn't great but this opinion is laughable.
>>
>>338037975
It's more like EO than P4, but it's also a bad EO, so just play EO.
>>
If you like EO you will hate this. Some things are bit more polished like weakness prompts, and burst skills but other than that it's pretty shit from characters to dialogue and boring atmosphere as well as dungeons
>>
>>338037975
It's EO with fanfiction-tier versions of persona 3 and 4 characters. Each character latches onto one of their memes and never stops fucking spouting it. Teddy only hits on women, chie never shuts the fuck up about meat, etc. The writing is really bad and the dungeons aren't good enough to keep you hooked.
>>
>1st Dungeon
Absolutely boring. Does nothing with the Alice in Wonderland aesthetic.

>2nd Dungeon
Nice music. Boring until the second half, when it becomes boring but with nice atmosphere

>3rd Dungeon
One of the best dungeons to be made with an Etrian engine. Super fun.

>4th Dungeon
I don't understand the hate this gets. Very puzzle heavy, but none of them are hard are tedious, especially if you use the auto-walk pen tool.

>5th Dungeon
Tedious for the first 60%, then it becomes really solid for the last stretch.

>6th Dungeon
0/10 for not existing. Atlus really shat the bed by trying to make the game fit some sort of canon, because it cost the game all of the post-game content Etrian games are known for.
>>
>>338049246
*hard or tedious
>>
>>338049360
What kind of post game stuff do they usually have?
>>
>>338049896
Big ones, and a lot of the time, they're the best parts of the games. You usually get another whole dungeon to explore, which ramps the difficulty up enough to test your skills without feeling unfair; a good amount of brand-new bosses to fight (even if three of them will be dragons that are in every game that are part of raising the level cap of 70 to 99); secret passageways that let you explore new parts of the other dungeons; and a few other things that are usually game-specific. They can easily make up 10–15% of the games, and the average main campaigns are about as long as Q's only one.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.