[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing this for the first time >pretty gr8 after 6-8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Uncharted_Drake's_Fortune.jpg (62 KB, 258x324) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted_Drake's_Fortune.jpg
62 KB, 258x324
>playing this for the first time
>pretty gr8 after 6-8 hours, feels like a realistic adventure
>suddenly there's FUCKING ZOMBIES
WHY WAS THIS ALLOWED
>>
Totally blind sided me my first play through. I loved it
>>
Indiana Jones had supernatural stuff, so they felt justified doing it in Uncharted

They totally drop the supernatural angle in 3 and especially 4, though, pretty much refuse to even acknowledge it
>>
There's always super natural shit at the end. Except for 4.
>>
Yeah, that was pretty weird. It burned me out of playing 2 as well, despite 2 apparently having none of that and being the best game.
>>
>>338036608
Not in 3

It was all a drug-induced dream
>>
doesn't it rationlize it as sort of a virus like resident evil

the second one is more farfetched with the immortality elixir and the avatar stuff
>>
>>338036646
What about the teleporting dude who can't die?
>>
whats the go with the cutscenes

shove you atmosphere muh emoshuns and story up your ass, I paid for a fucking game, to play, not to watch a b grade movie
>>
>>338036737
That was extremely poor writing brought on by a backwards development cycle where they made setpieces before context and then had to write around it, ending up making no sense half the time
>>
I was okay with the idea of inbred, monster Nazis. Years trapped below the island, yada yada yada.

Kinda lost me when the statue was a sarcophagus and the guy inside starts spitting out curse dust.

Just wait until you get to the literal tree of life immortality inbred monsters in 2. It's even more dumb.
>>
>>338036937
Why would the nazis have woman in a WWII bunker? I thought the curse/virus dust just made the mutants live for fucking ever.
>>
File: uncharted-2.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-2.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>338037081
It did.

And it's a curse, not a virus. It fucking flies out of the thing like Ark of the Covenant style.
>>
>>338037215
So these guys were just indigenous people in costumes?
>>
>>338037215
Lol, no worries senpai, it's just a bunch of Himalayan dudes who for no reason at all have superpowers and dress up like yeti to scare off passerbys.
>>
>>338036565
>The entire Atlantis of the Sands arc
>>
>>338036437
Same, I feel like this series would be so much better without the supernatural shit. It's so well written and designed, that fantasy elements just seem like a cheap way of tying up the story
>>
>>338037402
they had super powers because they drank the blue shit
>>
>>338037551
Yeah, looking back I can see that's why, but it just never hit me during my playthrough. I felt so copped out because I wanted the yeti to be real so badly.
>>
>>338037081
It wasn't just Nazi's, in fact I doubt more than 1-2 Nazi's turned into "zombies" because they knew (and filmed) what El Dorado did. The rest were probably just killed.

The "zombies" were the current generation of the Spanish Colony who stole El Dorado from the Mayan/Incan (I forget) temple and took it to the island.

The offical name for them is "Descendants" and as you see by what happens to Roman, it only affects your mind, the deformed bodies and pale skin is from generations of living like animals underground.

But, one thing I never understood was this:
What the fuck happened to the U-boat from the beginning of the game? They go to extreme lengths to reinforce they were brutally murdered and torn apart. The obvious implication is Descendants, but.......how?

El Dorado hadn't been on that continent for 100s of years. It can't have been a boat carrying one from the island, since why would come back to an empty temple.

The only explanation I can think of is that there was still a community of Desendants living in and around the Mayan temple (since the carvings obviously depict things which Sully claims to "at least I think they're people", and they just stayed there and remained unseen by Drake and Sully, but killed the Nazi's who rocked up 70 years prior.
>>
>>338036565
>They totally drop the supernatural angle in 3
the whole thing was that the britbong super sekrit club were trying to capture a literal Genie in a bottle

whilst its existence is ambiguous the city itself had some pretty obvious supernatural elements
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.