[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally got this game and have played it for a few hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41 KB, 404x502) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41 KB, 404x502
So I finally got this game and have played it for a few hours now.

It's bretty good, i'm rolling a Wisdom/Intelligence/Charisma build (16 Int, 15 cha and 18 Wisdom so far) and have just reached Sigil.

Anything I should know? Also, Planescape thread
>>
>>338035129
Sigil is fuckhuge and is like half the game's content in that city alone.

Don't forget to UPDATE YOUR JOURNAL.

There's quite a few interesting things you can miss without a guide.

Combat is bad, remember to buff the fuck out of everyone as / before it starts.
>>
>>338035406

Yea, combat has been shit so far and i've been speaking to everyone I see. Trying to avoid the thugs as off now as i'm pretty weak.

Got a few side quests to get me going, the story is interesting as fuck tho, I assume there's some deep twists throughout?
>>
>>338035519
Nothing really spoiler-worthy in the game. Who lives and who dies depends entirely on you.
Oh, but I'll give you an advice: after you talk to Pharod, make sure to come back later and get the bronze sphere from him. You'll miss the best ending without it.
>>
>>338035890

Out of curiosity, how deep is this game choice wise? So far it seems fucking deep as shit (For example, you can literally make promises or lie each of which is you simply saying the same thing but with different intentions, this struck me as insane when I first saw it) but I wondered if it remains as such?

Man, i've never been a fan of isometric games but Planescape is changing my views QUICKLY. I just worry because apparently is it the best Isometric RPG so everything else that I might try may pale in comparison.
>>
>>338035129
I've never seen anyone on /v/ mention the song about this game. Why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hifAkro4LLM
>>
>>338036075
You need the sphere to remember your name.
>>
Don't trust the skull.
>>
>>338036075
>apparently is it the best Isometric RPG
It's not, JA2 is. PST is the best isometric CYOA.
>>
>>338035129

Decent build, I think it might be worth getting more Int though, there's a few events that should help you out and I think you need 18 to max everything.

Not sure what Wis does, it's been a while, maybe helps with the brothel?

I just remember Int is very important.
>>
>>338036075
>Out of curiosity, how deep is this game choice wise?

Depends on how you view it. Lying to someone vs telling the truth, with the same outcome, is mostly an RPG/Self actualisation mechanic, it affects how YOU view your character since you know what his motivations are.

You can become more or less pragmatic, more or less friendly and so forth, but overall it's not going to wildly change your game.
>>
>>338038372
If you lie enough to be Adahn something actually happens though
>>
>>338036486
I brought the sphere to the end game and it didn't do anything is there something your suppose to active the sphere with?
>>
File: Morte.jpg (17 KB, 200x332) Image search: [Google]
Morte.jpg
17 KB, 200x332
>>338035129
>Anything I should know?

Don't trust the skull.
>>
>>338038905
Well first you need to find out that it's a sensory stone and then you need to talk with the good incarnation.
>>
>>338038905
Talk about it with practical incarnation and then after you've fused back with all incarnations you use it
>>
>>338035129

Try killing some builders and see what happens.
>>
File: 1463231008455.png (217 KB, 298x403) Image search: [Google]
1463231008455.png
217 KB, 298x403
>tfw started playing planescape because /v/ shilled it as god tire
>bored half way through the story
>absolutely shit combat
>gameplay is clunky as fuck
I know its supposed to be good but I just can't force myself to finish it
This is a burden that I've been carrying for a long time
exact same shit happens with bauldrs gate 1 and that prevents me from playing the good sequel
>>
>>338038372
>it affects how YOU view your character
Well it also affects how the game views your character as it affects your alignment.
>>
I forgot what a great soundtrack game has, really unlike modern EPIC ORCHESTRAL PIECES every associates with RPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixv_jRI6VqY
>>
File: you rolled poorly.jpg (121 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
you rolled poorly.jpg
121 KB, 1024x730
>If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.
>>
>>338041221
I hope Numenera is at least half as good.
>>
>>338040401
Do you like crpgs in general?
>>
>>338041501
We're still expecting it?
>>
>>338041785
Yes. It popped on Steam in EA quite a while ago and writing is apparently solid, but game is obviously still in alpha. Last time I checked game script was finished.
>>
How do I join the chaotic faction? What are the benefits for being a member?
>>
How to fix the grafix? Looks blurry on my TV.
Also I don't really like the art style. I like the story but, this game is not for me tb.h.
>>
It's too short, I want to fucking see more of the multiverse.
This game is very "intrinsic" if this is a good word for it. It's like the setting fits.
Shame it tries to cover too many philosophical corners and the conversations sometimes feel superficial but definitely outstanding for a game.
>>
>>338042149
Strangely enough that's the only faction I haven't joined yet. You can join them by being chaotic and then exchanging banter with a dog.
>>
Arcanum is better.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.