[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it to get an original xbox to play original xbox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Father.jpg (33 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
Father.jpg
33 KB, 520x347
Is it worth it to get an original xbox to play original xbox games? Or should i just get a 360 to play them on?
>>
>>338027196
>Is it worth it to get an original xbox to play original xbox games?

not really. but the games are alright

>JSRF
>Crimson Sea 1 (looked so much better than CS 2 on PS2)
>Otogi
>Ninja Gaiden Black (? I think it was called black)
>Panzer Dragoon Orta
>Blinx
>>
>>338027196
Just go away
>>
I think only a few of them actually work on the 360?

And no. There's fucking thousands of other games so unless you already have your eye on certain ones (apparently you don't) then it doesn't matter if you get an xbox or a ps2 or whatever, there's so many good games you'll never play them all anyways.
>>
>>338028856
>there's so many good games you'll never play them all anyways.
do people really think there are this many good games?

in my experience the strong majority of games are terrible and there are very few games that are worth putting any time into whatsoever.
>>
>>338028973
There's more than gamecube
>>
360 is pretty shit for backwards compatibility, only the most popular titles are possible and even then they usually have problems.
Just buy an original.
>>
>>338029039
are you high? your post is incoherent and has nothing to do with what i just said.
>>
>>338027196
yes. 360 emulation sucks.
>>
>>338027196

The 360 is pretty shit for playing Xbox games.
The original is dirt cheap and hackable, too.
>>
>>338029045

This here.

I am assuming the Bone's backward compatible will have a similarly stellar track record.

Xbox Classic owns though you won't regret it.

Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta.
>buy
Whatever you gotta do.
>>
>>338032646

Panzer Dragoon Orta is pretty good, but it's not a must play.
>>
>>338027196
Get an original xbox hack it get coin op 5 and snes and mega drive emulators on it fucking amazing m8
>>
>>338027196
wait like 20 years and that emulator will be ready
>>
og xbox does not have one good exclusive
>>
>>338034175
Whats it like being a faggot?
>>
>>338034516
you tell me
>>
The points about iffy emulation and limited library already came out, but it's also worth mentioning you can softmod the OG box pretty easily and it can do a whole lot of tricks. You can pop in a larger HDD, change the console region with a simple program, transfer game .isos directly to the HDD with FTP over LAN, etc
>>
>>338034175

Metal Wolf Chaos
>>
>>338035156
You could do that since forever. Not everyone wants to keep a huge box with analog-only output in 2016 when you can have all in one.
>>
>>338027196
>get a 360 to play Xbox games
The backwards compatibility isn't great, so I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say it's worth it. The Xbox is pretty cheap.
>>
>>338028973
Got a shelf full of games to my right, about 15 for the Xbox. I've got 7 more on the Xbox itself.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.