[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization IV thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: civilization.png (1 MB, 1060x711) Image search: [Google]
civilization.png
1 MB, 1060x711
>announce game everyone knows is coming
>release only a couple of early version screenshots
>everyone is mad and mocking the game
>a week later nobody remembers anything

Was this one of the worst marketing campaigns in recent history?
I don't recall anything after the Ouya puking ad which had such a terrible effect.
They could've waited another month and have video of gameplay, or better quality screenshots with commentary and context presented there.
>>
File: price drop.png (39 KB, 432x109) Image search: [Google]
price drop.png
39 KB, 432x109
>>338027156
>Civilization IV

fuggg roman numerals are hard
>>
>>338027156
marketing is the same
it's just that game looks real damn bad mostly cause of bad choice of artstyle
>>
>>338027156
>managers and marketers
>not hired on basis of nepotism or dick succ skill

Everywhere I go and work, all the good from the people on lowest level is squandered by higher ups.
>>
Does Sid Meier's name means anything anymore?
>>
>>338027604
>fuggg roman numerals are hard

They were designed to be retard-proof and you still managed to fuck it up.
>>
>>338029804
It's nostalgia bait warning. Anything prefixed by his name these days is garbage.
>>
>>338029804
Seeing how he doesn't design games anymore, probably not.
>>
>>338029974
>They were designed to be retard-proof

Try doing something like (75423 - 11034)x2 in roman numerals. Retard proof my ass.
>>
>>338030561
Who even fucking wants to count that high back then?
>>
>>338030769
A smart greek guy calculated your house and hearth need 8124 bricks.
You have some laying around, you count to be 3456 them and do math to see how many you need to buy.
This is hard with roman numerals.

Or just about any person trading goods with ships would count high, by the way.
Or army quartermaster. Or some administrator in charge of the city's population.
>>
>>338030106
I liked beyond earth
>>
File: damnedkids.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
damnedkids.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>338031673
shamefur dispray, anon
>>
>>338031828
B-but it has fun quests...
>>
>>338032696
they get old on like 3rd session already
same shit over and over and over again
>>
>>338032696
It's okay to like it but if you went onto the civ General and said it was your favorite you'd be called poor bait
>>
>>338032696
>this quest gives +1 gold on this tile
>this other quest gives +1 happyness
>this random quest gives you a unit that has half the strentgh of any of your military units
It's all minor buffs and passive shit that doesn't ammount to any significant advantage unless you can get 50 of them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.