[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brad did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1212121203.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1212121203.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
Brad did nothing wrong
>>
That's a weird way to spell Rando.
>>
>>338026048
>save muh daughteru
>no matter who gets hurt
>no matter if what I'm doing isn't in her best interest
>nothing wrong

You what?
>>
Rand is my husbando.
>>
>>338026918
Are you forgetting that everyone in the wasteland is either a massive asshole or wanting to exploit his last and only reason to live anon?

I mean, come on now, your only motive in life anymore is protecting the last girl on earth from being murderfucked while not eve being 17 yet, killing a bunch of blue balled dudes, psychos and generally assholes who wouldn't think twice about it, minus 1 of them, you really aren't doing anything evil, people in the apocalypse kill for much less.
>>
>>338026048
He did a lot of wrongs, but almost none was his fault. He was in a shitty position and tried to do his best, that's all.
>>
File: 20160517000810.jpg (26 KB, 349x312) Image search: [Google]
20160517000810.jpg
26 KB, 349x312
Did you hug brad?
>>
>>338026048
What exactly does this game do that other Steam indie RPGs don't do better?
>godawful combat
>random events that can permanently fuck you over
>terrible world and level design
>mediocre music outside one or two tracks
>an interesting story premise ruined by C-tier writing and scenarios
>>
File: Battler_percy.png (9 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
Battler_percy.png
9 KB, 336x336
Rando did more wrong than people are willing to admit.
>>
>>338029646
Its got that vibe to it

I think it does a fantastic job at world building and the combat is in no way as bad as you are selling
>>
I played this game without a guide, and it was rather challenging. I only ever had the joke-character as a companion, all the ones I could hire were far too expensive. I eventually got lost

It seemed like obtuse design and rather challenging, am I just dense?
>>
File: Dude.png (303 KB, 554x492) Image search: [Google]
Dude.png
303 KB, 554x492
>>338029646
Look anon, its as simple as can be, if a game is generally liked, its because the playerbase obviously found 1 or more things they enjoyed a lot about it. You can shit on the entire game and call it just another shitty indie RPG game, its your right not to like it.

However you should honestly consider that we wouldn't be here discussing the game and entering a thread about it for at least the fifth time, with a record low of nearly no shitposting in almost every thread made, if it wasn't at least good. I can't dissuade or convince you as you already made your stance/re likely just baiting and shitposting, but think about it for a while.
>>
File: 1438131632450.png (165 KB, 407x536) Image search: [Google]
1438131632450.png
165 KB, 407x536
I started a longplay of this game. Unedited, no commentary, that kind of thing. Here's part one if you're interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_0eLskuLs
>>
any updates on ninja tears yet?
>>
>>338026048
"Wrong" is entirely subjective
>>
>>338030326
How did you run out of atleast 20 mags to buy Olan a drink. How.

You are dense anon, if you literally couldn't scrape atleast the equivalent of 20g for a character. Its the apocalypse, and you wasted all of your hard earned cash on what? Jerky and booze? Hell, there is a guy in a nearby village who gives you 50 mags for just picking him up a bottle, as long as you do the bare minimum exploration like any RPG you would have found him.
>>
>>338030723
I have no idea who Olan is, and I never spent my mags, I do remember the beggar with the bottle though

Just seemed easy to miss this kind of stuff. I really want to like the game and give it another try, I just don't want to have to resort to using a guide
>>
>>338030861
The bar.

How did you miss the bar. Nig Nog, you seem dense as fuck, there is nothing to use a guide for in Lisa, hell, I don't think anyone ever wrote one.

Play it while paying attention is all I can tell you, cause you seem to have played it like a ADHD kid. Pay fucking attention and explore, start is slow but it picks up and its worth it.
>>
>>338030861
Olan was one of the two people in the bar who you could hire.
Anon, I'm not really sure how you got lost. The world in the game honestly isn't that big and shouldn't be that hard to find your way around.
>>
>>338030861
>puts the absolute lowest amount of effort into a game

>'rather obtuse level design wouldn't you say? looks like i'll have to resort to a guide!'

>'how was I to know to press A to jump over the goomba!?'

try again man, apply yourself!
>>
>>338029646
it felt genuine

it wasn't some big corporation making a heartless, formulaic game or some amateur programmer making an elevated fangame and cashing in on the hype surrounding the original series, it was just a normal guy who made the game he wanted to make
>>
>>338031657
This. Game's got a lot of heart. And did a lot of things right
>>
Both Brad and Rando did some very wrong things for very good reasons and we all know it
>>
>>338031054
>>338031091
>>338031128
No need to be condescending, i never looked anything up and I want to give it a more attentive chance, I guess I missed some things so I'll start over.

I just remember getting to a part with a 4 person bossfight or something and didn't have enough manpower and it was frustrating, figured there must have been another way i missed
>>
>>338032331
Nig nog, you missed what in all honestly, is made almost impossible to miss. As in, you might have had a excuse if this was some shooter and you had the brightness low or something, but you have had no excuse for this one anon, you just played it like a retard and with the atention span of a squirrel on crack.

Get fucking good and actually explore the damn place next time, its fucking pathetic how you missed the bar and almost everything else, you would expect that from a 14 year old
>>
>>338032331
Just try again dude and explore some this time. Olan, nern are both good party members that are easy to recruit. Remember to use joy when outclassed.
>>
>>338032596
I think you're projecting a bit, I just want to enjoy this game and was wondering if it was just error on my part, which it was.

Regardless I'll give it another go
>>
>>338033090
hm I heard something about going joyless and figured I'd do that, but is it worth using then? I'd assumed it was a better ending or something if you dont use it
>>
>>338029646
It's needlessly grimdark, therefore it's better by society's standards.
>>
>>338030404
nobody cares about your shitty channel that you'll give up on in six months you horsefucking faggot
>>
>>338033227
Id recommend going 'use joy' on normal difficulty for your first playthrough.

You either use joy or never use it ever for a playthrough if you didnt know. You get a different end scene for either

Painful mode gets its own ending regardless if you use joy or not (im pretty sure correct me if im wrong.)
>>
>>338033536
Please don't bully
>>
File: look mittens, a faggot.jpg (82 KB, 761x960) Image search: [Google]
look mittens, a faggot.jpg
82 KB, 761x960
>>338033536
>>
>>338029646
Lore, humor, consistency, atmospheric OST.
>>
>>338033227
Since you have the mental ability of a crackhead and the attention span of one aswell, go for Joy.
>>
I guess not every Lisa thread can be comfy
>>
B-ump
>>
>>338029646
Nothing. It's just being shilled by the guy who made it on here. Notice how every single thread uses the same images along with the same tagline "Brad did nothing wrong?"

This is why I've stopped taking indie game discussion on /v/ seriously. Shilling a game on here is something that people have taken to doing. How many people do you see who talk about how the this game's '''''''GOAT''''' soundtrack was made by the developer taking existing music on itunes and filtering it in some way?

The game is shit, no doubt, but don't believe it has a following either.
>>
>>338038312
Who hurt you anon
>>
>>338038312
What was your favorite and least favorite part of the game?
>>
>>338029646
Sometimes a game is more than the sum of its parts.
>>
File: HNI_0019.jpg (78 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0019.jpg
78 KB, 534x401
>>338029646
>>mediocre music outside one or two tracks
Look dude, you can hate the game, I don't care. You can hate the characters, I don't care. But calling the OST mediocre, goes TOO FUCKING FAR
>>
>>338038312
>>338038547
Is this what people do now? Post a copy pasta and don't even stay long enough to see the result?
>>
>>338038854
As he said, he took classic songs from his itunes account, adjusted them a little bit, and bit them into the game. He admitted to this.

This is extraordinarily easy for indie games to do (Toby Fox is confirmed to have done it as well) so I imagine this is why a lot of these hack indie games promote themselves by talking about the soundtracks. Of course the soundtracks are great, they're using a number of classic songs from other RPGs and artists!
>>
>>338038547
>>338039367
Still waiting, anon
>>
>>338039367
Lets hear them then
>>
>>338029646
>git gud
>git gud
>git gud
>git taste
>git taste
>>
>>338038312
>Dingaling coming to /v/

You really don't know the guy, he acknowledges us, but Im damn sure he went to 8 and I think maybe master for q&a sort of deals, he never comes here to browse, he had like 5 thousand hours of RPG maker previous to Lisa, he is likely too busy making Ninja Tears.
>>
>Can shit on any game in the catalog
>Chooses to exclusively shit on indie games
Why
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.