[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Final Fantasy game should I start with if I'm new to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Final Fantasy Box Art.jpg (371 KB, 1600x998) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy Box Art.jpg
371 KB, 1600x998
What Final Fantasy game should I start with if I'm new to the series?

I played 1 for a bit but had to stop because it was a fucking chore.

What should I start with?
>>
6, snes version
>>
>it was a fucking chore
congratulations, you've summarized every final fantasy
maybe try a different series
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1024x1447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1024x1447
>>338020814
That's just the first one, which is usually harder to get into because the design choices are older.

I'd say start with VII or X really as a beginning game.
>>
>>338020814
>because it was a fucking chore.
Sounds like you don't like RPGs. But then, the FF series is a good match for someone who doesn't care much for gameplay. Try FF4 on SNES (not a bloody remake), it's an easy peasy lemon squeezy game that you can breeze through in three days if you go slow.
>>
Play FFT, it's the best one.
>>
>>338023112
Oh, and I forgot to mention the main reason I'm recommending 4: it's real simple mechanically. You don't seem to like RPG stuff much, so you'll like that you'll never have to use your brain in 4. Other FF games are also easy but you have to put in just a little effort into your characters, 4 removes this 'chore'.
>>
>>338023112
>>338023250
>Sounds like you don't like RPGs
>You don't seem to like RPG stuff much

>found FF1 a chore so that means I don't like RPGs

Where are you getting this information from or that I don't have to use my brain?

FF1 is just endless random encounters that's why I got sick of it.

You sound a bit mad though m8, is FF1 your favourite game or something? Why are you being a cunt?
>>
>>338020814
>84 page handbook
>world and dungeon maps
>monster chart
>now we get a fucking leaflet
How far we've come.
>>
>>338023746
>endless random encounters

you should quit the series then, because that's what the game is.
>>
>>338023825
Maybe I will then, my inferior brain can't handle the boredom unlike your superior one.
>>
>>338023818
>now we get a fucking leaflet

hey don't forget with today's games we also get 'extra premium digital goods' like an art book pdf with tiny images, a soundtrack missing 60% of the game's music, and collectible statues that look nothing like the advertisement.
>>
>>338023818
now we don't even get that, before I sold my 360 they were printing the controls on the inside of the cover
>>
4 - new enough not to have ancient useless mechanics, old enough not to be 100% about faggot boy bands.

Or if you are a real man, just play Tactics. It plays differently that the main series but the characters and gameplay are top notch.
>>
>>338020814
4, then go from there.
>>
>>338020814
Start with 4 and make your way up from there.

6 and 7 are generally regarded as the best.
>>
>>338023112
4's best version is on the ps1 though.
>>
File: dominions_manuals.jpg (303 KB, 748x534) Image search: [Google]
dominions_manuals.jpg
303 KB, 748x534
>>338023818
Because cartridge limitations and absence of tutorials made developers compensate for it by including shit in the manual. Nowadays even when you get a manual half of it is wasted on things the tutorial teaches you in 15 minutes. What I miss are really fluff-heavy manuals or with a specific flair to them, like Arcanum and Devil Summoner manuals which were written entirely with in-game lingo.
>>
>>338024645
FF4 is also where formula really came to be and was then perfected in FF6.
>>
>>338024741
To be honest I prefer the PSP remake. The redrawn graphics are not hideous like 5 and 6, and the Auto-battle function is a godsend.
>>
File: cunt.png (32 KB, 403x222) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
32 KB, 403x222
>>338023746
>Where are you getting this information from or that I don't have to use my brain?
Insulting assumptions is what we do here, you should be used to it.
>FF1 is just endless random encounters
The encounter rate in FF1 is pretty tame, you not realising this does make it pretty clear that you're not much into classic RPGs
>FF1 your favourite game or something?
It's okay.
>Why are you being a cunt?
I was born that way.
>>
>>338020814
FF tactics
>>
>>338020814

If you start with early FFs, I say start with 4 since its fairly straightforward and you can enjoy the classic experience.

Modern FFs I'd say 9 or x. 9 for more traditional medieval knights and wizards style or x for more out there futuristic/old world style
>>
>>338020814
> chore

You might want to stop now. I loved most of the FF games but they arent that fun for people who dont like grind.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.