[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Playing Deus Ex for the first time >Do the Clinton area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 3.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>Playing Deus Ex for the first time
>Do the Clinton area mostly stealthy, just use non-lethal stuff
>Exit the area, see Anna Navarre and other UNATCO agents shooting at NSF
>Did my mission, move on to other task
>Come back to base after overloading the generator
>Navarre acts like I killed everyone in the Clinton mission
>Recommends me for an assassination mission
>Go to get ammo from quartermaster, he criticizes Denton when he says he cleared the entire place out

What the shit? I didn't kill really anyone. So far I've killed maybe two enemies and none were at the first place. Does it really consider kills from other NPCs to be your kills?

Either way, any tips for someone new to Deus Ex? Only ever played Human Revolution, just got to the part where Paul ran off apparently.
>>
>>338020751
Sounds like you actually did kill some people, maybe accidentally or blowing shit up. I never had any issue and Navarre calls me a wimp and the quartermaster praises me.
>>
>>338020816
I went in through the vending machine entrance and knocked out one guy with the stun rod. After that I went up and out through the entrance where Navarre and other agents were fighting the NSF. Later I killed one guy in the area getting to the generator, but that's it.

If I did kill anyone then I certainly didn't see it. I wouldn't think one or two accidental deaths would make Denton claim he cleared the place out, but whatever. Still a fun game so far, but that left me a little sour. Does killing people effect the game in any big ways? Because I can get over losing out on some ammo, but missing out on side missions would suck.
>>
>>338020978
I think it just changes what NPCs tell you, your exp rewards and cash rewards, I'm 90% sure the actual structure of the game doesn't change.
>>
I think that's because you entered the base/castle/whatever through the front gate or talked to Anna and told her to storm the place instead of telling her to take a chill pill
Either way, there's few other times in the game where that might happen. Just remember that dialogue choices also matter
>>
>>338021086
Alright, I can deal with that so long as it isn't a constant issue which I doubt it will be.

Just made me a little salty since I went out of my way not to kill anyone.
>>
>>338021207
To be fair, if you told Anna to go in and slaughter everyone, it's not surprising. Don't you have a save to reload?
>>
>>338021132
Ah ok, it was probably because I left through the front gate. I came up from below and tried sneaking around until the agents just started to shoot the NSF. I guess moving through that portion of the complex triggered that. Didn't think I had to talk to Navarre, I just went through the vending machine entrance after talking to the boy right where the boat drops you off.

Well shit.
>>
>>338021247
I didn't even talk to her outside of the initial dialogue. I just went through the vending machine entrance that's next to the boat.

And I'd load back but that was like two hours ago. Between that mission and coming back to the base there's the two hostage missions, talking to all the NPCs, and dealing with the generator. Doing all that over again would be annoying.
>>
I'm pretty sure what triggers him to chew you out is of Anna Navarre goes in guns blazing, which she does if you get close to her. Also I'm pretty sure the game counts "non-lethal" stuff as kills. So you have to go in through the back and never get close enough to trigger Navarre.

It's not that big of a deal. Only a couple things in the game has long-lasting consequences. Here's a tip: Don't escape through the fire escape like Paul says.
>>
>>338021627
>Also I'm pretty sure the game counts "non-lethal" stuff as kills.

Really? Well shit.

Ah well, thanks for the heads up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.