[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/BzmFbfCEv9k When were you when /v/ got blown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Uncharted_4_box_artwork.jpg (23 KB, 260x341) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted_4_box_artwork.jpg
23 KB, 260x341
https://youtu.be/BzmFbfCEv9k

When were you when /v/ got blown the fuck out?
>>
So, really, how did they manage to improve textures and some lighting so much, without losing playability?
I obviously can't tell from Youtube videos if the fps is bad (well, if it were 15fps, it'd be easy to tell, of course). But even that can't be all.
>>
/v/ BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCNyuomzVu8
>>
>>338019076
Bump
>>
>>338019076
>So, really, how did they manage to improve textures and some lighting so much, without losing playability?

How do you mean? Improved from what?

It obviously looks better than the older games because they were on ps3. The fps is a very stable 30 in single player and stable 60 in multiplayer (but with less detailed models and 900p).
>>
>>338019709
>Improved from what?

Most other games on PS4.
>>
I gave uncharted a 9 out of 10 so essentially a 4/5 but dunkeys review is honest and fair. I have no complaints about the story though and the part when dunkey said it went downhil was one of the best areas of the game where a lot of the story about the pirates is developed and made clear.
>>
>>338019747
Naughty Dog are just good devs, especially at using Sony consoles for their full graphical potential.

It helps that because they are first party they have acsess to any new software and R&D done by all the other first party studios (EG Gurilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, The Order 1886 guys).

The game has also been in development since 201.
>>
>>338018893
None of what he said makes the games good as games.
Uncharted and TLOU are good as story games and Im glad I've never spent money on them
Experiencing the story on youtube has saved me a fuckload of money
>>
>>338019964
>Uncharted and TLOU are good as story games

They're fun story games. Not good story games. Their stories are broken messes with enough distraction to gloss over it all, as long as you don't think about it.
>>
>>338019934
I'd give it a 4/5 as well (for reference 2 is a 5/5 for me). It was mostly great, and definetly lived up to the hype. Gunplay and level design was far improved, I liked the driving sections and it was fucking beutiful graphically. Multiplayer is also really fun, and they've got a years worth of free (multiplayer) DLC coming, so thats nice.

My critisms were a few things I didnt really like about the story, and the game took too long to get going.
>>
>>338020215
ah yes, the level design, I always forget that, its really good.
>>
>>338019964
>4 games
>saved you a fuckload of money

At most its $240 you fucking poor bitch. I dont see why the poor are drawn to things in wich they cant afford
>>
>>338020505
$240 is quite the investment for gaming casuals.
>>
>>338020505
240 euros can easily get me like 10+ games I'll play for more than once m8, and not just watch on youtube
>>
>>338020290
It takes a while to get going, but I thought the first combat encounter on the Island (the one they showed at Pax in 2014) was unironically one of the best designed sections in a Third-Person-Shooter I've ever played.

> Start in stealth
> Possible to stealth the entire thing
> Even if you get spotted you can lose them and re-enter stealth
> Dont even have to kill everyone to progress, if you make it to the end you can just keep going, no matter how many guys are still alive.
> About 4 layers of verticality
> Huge variety of weapons avalible
> Lots of oppurtunity to use Uncharted's traversal mechanics in the combat
> Pulling people off ledges
> Quickly climbing to escape an enemy
> Multiple rope swing points for quick traversal and fancy kills
> Comfy jungle with awesome looking backdrop

Definetly my favourite "regular gameplay" section of the game and probably the series. I also really loved the chase sequence in madagascar. If you do it well (without fucking up and dying), it actually feels like you are playing an action movie, jumping from Truck to Jeep, plowing through motorbikes and then being pulled behind another truck by your grapple made it feel like a playable Mad Max. I'm even tempted to replay it with the "blorange" filter on, record it and insert the music from Fury Road.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.