[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Kickstarted video game scam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: Lynn-and-the-Spirits-of-Inao.jpg (203 KB, 620x381) Image search: [Google]
Lynn-and-the-Spirits-of-Inao.jpg
203 KB, 620x381
This game has been funded for about €53,000 and no one is being paid at all, interns only run this shit and the lead project guy does not give a fuck.

Why do you guys give funds to kikestart projets in the first place?

>"The damning testimony of a former internship in graphic toured the social networks. Her name Laureine Sautereau and lags "indie game, Miyazaki style" that "soon met the 53 000 that demand" for hire only in permanent working trainees for long periods and never pay (which is illegal for internships of two months or more). The team announced by the description of the campaign would, moreover, that "vaguely" worked on the project and which would not have made much of what is presented in the current project. In addition, the "studio" situerait not actually in the apartment of the founder and project leader David Tollari, which would simply pushed all the furniture in the corners to make room for him and hires. The latter also would work half time on the game."

http://www.journaldugamer.com/2016/05/17/lynn-and-the-spirits-of-inao-stagiaires/

Google translation link :https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.journaldugamer.com%2F2016%2F05%2F17%2Flynn-and-the-spirits-of-inao-stagiaires%2F&edit-text=
>>
>Tumblr nose
They deserved it.
>>
>>338018726
She looked pregnant in the thumbnail. Never heard of it before but I'm still disappointed.
>>
>>338018726
I've only backed dos2, it's most likely be released.
>>
kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bloomylight-studio/lynn-and-the-spirits-of-inao

>highest tier is for becoming a boss in this game

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>338018726
>you guys
>>
Whatever happened to Red Ash and Shenmue 3?
>>
File: 1456745183666.jpg (39 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1456745183666.jpg
39 KB, 540x540
>>338018726
I don't, stop accusing me for the state of the industry, if some people can make money by saying they're thinking of maybe making a game in the future then good for them

I buy games when they're made
>>
I actually got a job interview with them and met Tollari two years ago, but after seeing the work conditions I ended up refusing the job

AMA I guess
>>
>>338019680
A Chinese company stepped in to fund Red Ash for Inafune. His Chinese knock-off of Megaman Legends is happening because of Chinese money, seriously.
>>
>>338020006
how many interns were already there when you met Tollari?
>>
>>338020046

Apparently part of the deal was having MN9 as a launch title for their android console
>>
>>338020118

None, but the project wasn't as fleshed out back then. The art has gone a long way, it used to look like some mobile shovelware.

I'm not sure if any interns were working on the project at that time, I would assume so, but in his flat there was only the two of us. He did tell me about the fact we'd all be working here, and he did mention he was looking to hire other interns.
>>
>>338020236
what about the "work conditions" you mentioned?
>>
>>338020361

The fact that I wouldn't get paid and would have to work in this cramped space with other people, pretty much. The room itself was like 15m2.

I noped the fuck out of there.
>>
>>338020445
>The fact that I wouldn't get paid
What kind of horseshit is this?
>>
>>338020524

Basically, the way it works is that in France, people are legally obligated to pay interns for contracts longer than 2 months. Under 2 months, and its legal to not pay them.

A lot of small businesses abuse that by making interns sign for several back to back 2 months long contracts to keep them around longer without having to pay them. A lot of people don't have the stones to just tell them to fuck off and find someplace better.
>>
>>338020652
I would never understand why some one want to work unpaid in some random company.
>>
>>338020779
For the resume, I guess.
>>
>>338020779

The general idea is that the whole "need experience to get hired, can't get experience without getting hired" catch 22 that college students often butt into leaves some people feeling pretty desperate to get any professional experience.

This makes them pretty easy to fuck over by this kind of practice, and employers are happy to use that.
>>
>>338020524
Basically, during your studies, you need to make an internship, and the approval of your superior stating that you have completed a two-month internship in his/her company gives a mark on your final results. So if you ask for payment even if it's illegal, they sometimes blackmail you into not signing or approving your work and you have to repeat a whole semester because of this horseshit.

>>338020445
How was Tollari by himself? Were you excited for the sole project?
>>
>>338018726

French video game industry is plagued with people scaming government funding

> French gouvernement decided to inject money on the video game industry because it's becoming a big industry
> the guy giving funding is friend with people
> said people create company and apply for funding
> recive funding because connection
> proceed to create a peace of shit spending as little money as possible
> release said peace of shit
> bankrupt the company
> run away with money
> start a new company
>>
>>338020779
Because everyone wants to hire 22 year olds with 5 years experience minimum
>>
>>338020898

Pretty generic deadbeat 30-something, he was very poorly dressed and shaved, and was dressed overly casually, the kind of casual that makes you wonder if the guy didn't just get out of bed.

He was a bit desperate to use any skills I might have for anything. He highlighted the fact that I put in my resume that I spoke spanish, to ask me if I'd be able to do some localization for the spanish version of the game. That set up a pretty big red flag in my head since originally I was applying for the position of web developper for their website. I wasn't to work on the game itself.
>>
>>338020930

>implying it is different anywhere else in the world

hownew.ru
>>
>>338021194
> implying every government hands out free money because they feel guilty about stupid employment policy killing startup company
>>
>>338021563

>Implying every single government around the world not giving free money under the guise of economic plans to their own cronies and friends like in France

Even Singapore do this
>>
>>338021067
well shit, did he know anything about video games?
>>
>>338021827

To be honest we didn't talk about the game much, I avoided the subject as much as possible because at the time it looked like liquid shit (MUCH worse than what it is currently, then agian, that's to be expected after two years) and I didn't trust my ability to pretend I was interested in the game itself.

But if I was asked for my gut feeling he felt like your average ideas guy that never actually played that many videogames.
>>
File: race card.jpg (39 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
race card.jpg
39 KB, 375x523
>>338021735

nobody can beat Obongo the nigger though. He gave a trillion of dollars from America future treasury to his pals to do absolutely nothing.
>>
>This game has been funded for about €53,000
But it's not funded, stop talking shit.
>€37,628 pledged of €53,000 goal
>15 days to go
>>
>>338021563
How do you think Uwe Boll made all those shitty movies?
>>
>>338022061
Elaborate.
>>
>>338022059
so no mention about being paid or whatever?

did you find anything else later then?
>>
>>338018726
>Why do you guys give funds to kikestart projets in the first place?
Backed four projects, happy with all of them. You've just gotta not be an idiot and weigh up the risk.
>>
>>338022267

He said I would be working for free, which is a big part of the reason I decided against it.

I ended up applying for QA at Mando Games, figuring it couldn't be too bad to get some game development experience in a real company even if I wasn't going to be programming.

Turns out that was a big mistake and the most soul draining experience of my life.
>>
>>338022145
German wanted to be relevant at cinema.
>>
>>338018726
>"indie game, Miyazaki style"
the trailer looks like pure shit. its even nowhere near some weeb action games like shantae.

how could those donators get sold on it. pretty much deserve it.
>>
>>338022605

>Shantae
>weeb

waht the fuck ?
>>
>>338022648
>Shantae
>not weeb
are you retarded?
>>
>>338022947

There is nothing remotely weeb about Shantae anon
I think you should play it before commenting on it
>>
>>338023036
The art is clearly made to bait weeb and waifu autists. It's like those cartoons that try to imitate anime.
>>
>>338023206

You must have not watched a western cartoon in 20 years anon. That's a pretty normal style for western.
>>
File: 1394064623021.jpg (204 KB, 683x797) Image search: [Google]
1394064623021.jpg
204 KB, 683x797
>>338018910
>tfw no game where you play as a pregnant female lead who grows more pregnant as the story progress
>connect with unborn baby
>goes into labor towards climax of game and it fucks you up
>baby gets kidnap
>must rescue own baby merely days after birthing it
>desperately difficult final boss/dungeon
>possibly sad/fucked up alternate endings
>>
>>338018726
>funding shit game

Here's another french game that is good
http://store.steampowered.com/app/424370/
>>
>>338023394
Do you mean to say that ever since anime started getting popular over here, western cartoons have been imitating the style?

Just like Shantae?
>>
>>338018910

The only reason I clicked on this thread. What a disappointment.
>>
>>338023525

Endless Legends / Endless Space were also french, not sure how many people on /v/ are aware of that

So was Styx : Master of Shadows
>>
>>338023394
>That's a pretty normal style for western.
After they started to copy anime.
>>
>>338023550

No, that's not what I mean at all
Any sane person is completely able to differentiate between wester modern style and a japanese cartoon.

The fact that the popularity of anime made western style evolve into something else doesn't mean it looks the same as anime at all.

Are you one of those people that said Teen Titans looked like anime ? lol
>>
>>338023784
The point is the art has the purpose to attract weebs by imitating anime so shut up. Shantae IS a weeb game.
>>
>tfw my favorite artist quit drawfagging to work on a shitty Portuguese book kickstarter
>the guys heading the project still haven't paid him despite all his work over the last year or so

I don't know why he even bothers at this point.
>>
>>338023525
Looks like it's got potential

>>338023692
ayy I liked all three of those. Those guys are alright, hyped for the sequel to Styx
>>
>>338023956
>furry shit
you and he should kill themselves
>>
>Kickstarters are always a scam

>Volgarr the Viking
>Banner Saga
>Paper Sorcerer
>Valdis Story
>Expeditions Conquistador
>FTL
>Chivalry Medieval Warfare
>Dungeonmans
>Battle Worlds Kronos
>Risk of Rain
>Broken Sword 5
>Divinity Original Sin
>Distance
>Shovel Knight
>Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect
>Stasis
>Freedom Planet
>Blade Symphony
>Spintires
>Boot Hill Heroes
>Chuck's Challenge
>Knock-Knock
>Giana Sisters
>>
>>338023692
Most people think the only 2 placed that make games are Japan and America.

I blame the homogenous nature of games and lack of cultural foundation in them. Unlike music, paintings or films games don't have a specific cultural style.
>>
File: beepboop.jpg (991 KB, 1400x1715) Image search: [Google]
beepboop.jpg
991 KB, 1400x1715
>>338024083
he used to do robots
>>
>>338018726
>Our Team
>Project Manager, Translator, Graphic Designer and Sound Designer

No programmer. I can see this is a scam from faraway.
>>
>>338024093
>garbage indie list

pc master race!
>>
>>338024142
Why do so many furryshitters draw robots too?
I found a few ponyfuckers on DA who also did good mecha art.
>>
>>338024093
OP obviously fell for a scam.
To answer their question it's cuz everyone hopes for an awesome game.
>>
>>338024151
They can just pay a company to code the game for a few $1000.
>>
>>338023956
if the artist is a NEET, it can convince me. nerd artists who arent professional often get treated as shit.
>>
>>338020779
Because it's mandatory in your studies, some people have a hard time finding an internship and if you don't find one you can say bye bye to all your work
>>
>>338022424
on the bright side, Aix-en-Provence is a beautiful place but I know all the prices are as high as in Paris
>>
>>338024292
Because it's easier than figuring out how human anatomy works.
>>
File: SS13Alternate.jpg (738 KB, 2153x1620) Image search: [Google]
SS13Alternate.jpg
738 KB, 2153x1620
>>338024292
I haven't a clue. I think he used to do pony cocks as well. Such talent going to waste on fruitless endeavors.
>>
>>338024093
>Kickstarter scams
>Everything else
>>
File: fig-100608478-large.png (8 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
fig-100608478-large.png
8 KB, 580x388
>>338018726
>Why do you guys give funds to kikestart projets in the first place?

It's not an investment. People need to understand this before they pledge anything. And, of course, just like with everything only a minority of end products will actually be amazing or even good. It's simply the nature of the beast.

Now, Fig. That's something I'd be worried about because it's actually OWNED and OPERATED by people in the industry.
>>
>>338023403
Its like a weird fucked up bloodborne in a way
>>
>>338024403

Aix is only beautifull if you can ignore all the hobos in the streets. Its a pretty soulless city that only has room for the wealthy.
>>
>>338023784
You're right about how easy it is to tell the difference between anime-inspired western cartoons and actual anime. However that also means it's pretty goddamn easy to tell when a western artist is inspired by anime. The people who made Shantae were heavily inspired by anime, and the waifu-bait nature of their female character designs should be a dead giveaway to anyone with working eyes and a memory.

And seeing as you brought it up, the people who made Teen Titans must have been heavily inspired by anime, too. The character designs are like a sloppy version of what the Dexter's Lab/Powerpuff Girls crew were doing, the sight gags were lifted wholesale from shit I used to see on Sailor Moon (but without the understanding on what made them work in the first place), and even the ways they had to cheap-out on the animation is enough to give the broadcast version of Naruto a run for it's money -- or rather, a run for it's lack of money.
>>
>>338023403
i'd pay to see this
>>
>>338024292
Mechs are easy to draw because it uses bold simple linework and you can easily add little bits and pieces and pass it off as machinery or armor.

Furries are easy because you can neglect anatomy and musculature since furries don't mind that flat cartoony look. Muzzles and what have you are also really easy to draq compared to human features. The face is the hardest thing to draw for amateur artists because of eyes/nose/mouth proportions.
>>
File: 1463357891574.jpg (156 KB, 1000x659) Image search: [Google]
1463357891574.jpg
156 KB, 1000x659
>>338024839
if robots are so easy to draw, then I wish more people would do them. Finding good robot lewds is hard.
>>
>>338024839
The thing is why are so many furries also into robots/mecha. Maybe it's the autism.
>>
>>338025042

Digital eye screens or the like also belong in God Tier

I can agree with this list
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.