[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMOs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: mmorpg_logo.png (442 KB, 4550x1355) Image search: [Google]
mmorpg_logo.png
442 KB, 4550x1355
What is the best MMO on the market right now?

In the past I played mostly Runescape, WoW, Final Fantasy XI, and Star Wars Galaxies.

Currently I'm playing The Secret World, but the community just isn't there. Half the people don't even say hello when you do dungeons, what's the point you know?

I've been thinking about getting back into WoW, but I heard it's all instanced and menu-based now. I left when the Burning Crusade ended. Any suggestions on MMOs with active and good communities?
>>
Also one that isn't P2W or micro-transactions based.
>>
>>338016378
MMO's are dead at the moment.
>>
oldschool runescape is the only MMO I can think of that's decent, active, and not filled with cash shop shit
>>
FFXI is actually still fairly active. Despite the bullshit that was abyssea the game has leveled out to be pretty fun and adventurous again.

They are having a free week soon if not already I believe. Give it a shot. It's fun going back and doing all the content with you missed out on and there's even a healthy number of people on.

There's a /vg/ linkshell if you're interested in meeting new friends. I only played with them briefly as I got busy with real life stuff but they are all really cool dudes.
>>
>>338016378
I've been playing a lot of warframe recently. Played it when it launched and hated it, but just recently tried it out again cause my friends were.

It's fun. I know there the micros but by no means do you need to pay for any part of the game to get the full experience.

The community is nice, It stylistically is really cool, and flipping around and killing shit as a future ninja is satisfying.
>>
File: 1463476273115.jpg (265 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463476273115.jpg
265 KB, 720x1080
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
https://uthgard.org/

These have been recommended to me in past threads. Return of Reckoning and DAoC private servers respectively. I haven't tried them out yet but I'm told they're fairly new and active.
>>
>>338016378
ff14
>>
What do you guys think: Black Desert Online, WoW, or FFXIV?
>>
What do you guys think of Chronicles of Elryia so far?
>>
>>338016623
this honestly
>>
>>338018018
I actively play BDO, I like it a lot.

If you haven't played FFXIV yet, go play that. It's a fun, story driven game all the way through.
>>
>>338018018
They're all pretty shit. If I had to pick one of the three, I'd go with BDO. I've played WoD to death and FFXIV is abysmal with it's combat, terrible PvP. and instancing everywhere, not to mention the incomprehensible story and weeabooism everywhere.
>>
>>338018018
out of those prob ffxiv, a lot of stuff to do however...the dungeons are like learning dance routines and people are salty as fuck if you mess up once.
>>
>>338018087
a kickstarter two years from release isn't going to get much positive feedback on /v/, mister shill
>>
File: Game_151017_172256.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Game_151017_172256.jpg
444 KB, 1920x1080
I don't know if I'd actually recommend playing it, but Skyforge is really good.

Unfortunately it's very P2W, and progression is limited by weekly caps - they seriously fucked up the systems design.

Nonetheless, it has cool classes, great combat, lots of content (including great endgame bosses), the Guild vs. Guild Pantheon wars systems is really cool (in theory) and it's fucking beautiful.

I could definitely have seen it becoming the next big MMO if they didn't fuck everything up so badly. Endgame PvE better than WoW. Breaks my heart.
>>
>>338019257
>the next big MMO if they didn't fuck everything up so badly
sums up the entire genre

I played pretty much everything there is and every single mmorpg to come out in the last 10 years has been ruined by greed and grind
>>
>>338019396
>rift
>gw2
>archeage
>>
File: Game_151029_170600.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Game_151029_170600.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>338019396

I've played a lot of them too, and few of them were as good as Skyforge at it's best.

It was a raid leader's wet dream. Walking into new boss fights with no guides, making up strategies for complex mechanics as you go, in a game that requires a lot of coordination to even DPS normally.

Fun as fuck. Only MMO I've played recently that actually coaxed me into making friends and creating a tight-knit group for raiding. WoW certainly doesn't do that anymore.

I also love the silly little details. They definitely had a blast making this game.
>>
File: ffxiv_03272016_151948.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_03272016_151948.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1018
FFXIV is literally the only one worth playing
>>
File: aa3KL4C.png (111 KB, 333x347) Image search: [Google]
aa3KL4C.png
111 KB, 333x347
>>338020101
>2(TWO)
>.(POINT)
>5(FIVE)
>>
>>338020101
FOUR
POINT
ZERO
>>
>>338020184
>posting a meme that was ended by Stipe "The Blandest Man Alive" Miocic
>>
File: le fabricioface.webm (298 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
le fabricioface.webm
298 KB, 640x360
>>338020243
>>
File: ff4_0.gif (1 MB, 476x319) Image search: [Google]
ff4_0.gif
1 MB, 476x319
>>338020101
>>
File: Screenshot_20160509_230741.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160509_230741.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
this one
>>
>What is the best MMO on the market right now?

Doesn't matter, they are all either shit, p2w, and most of them aren't even actual MMOs.

Abandon the genre, it's hopeless.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_051716_200450.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_051716_200450.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
Currently playing WoTLK on rising-gods and having a blast. I was tired of vanilla so I moved. PvE, well scripted and no missing quests so far. It's a german server but has an international playerbase. (I'm German so I don't really care)
>>
>>338017903
Is DAoC worth getting into if you've never played it before?
>>
Kronos-WoW is the only good mmo atm
>>
>>338022495
No clue, I've never played it before.
>>
File: optimized-vindictus-logo.jpg (128 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
optimized-vindictus-logo.jpg
128 KB, 580x326
>>338016378
MMOs (currently) aren't good, don't waste your time.

As much as I despise Nexon, once a year I'll log into Vindictus. The story is contrived, the girls all have their tits out, but since the staff were based, the combat is fun, and the (dead) player-base isn't toxic I keep coming back.
>>338018018
Quit WoW for good. Haven't played enough of FFXIV.

It feels like BDO is blowing up, I haven't looked at it but during every game I play someone mentions it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
Everyone stand back, the best sandbox MMO is coming around the corner, and its name is Chronicles of Elyria
>>
>>338023945
How is it the best? Please explain your reasoning.
>>
>>338024145
StarWars galaxies meets Wurm online with a heavy dose of Elder scrolls vibes

plus, all accounts have advanced npc script encoded into the game, so your town/barony/county/duchy/kingdom will still be operating, even if you aren't online
>>
>>338016859
Dude, ffxi closed last month. Unless you mean private servers
>>
>>338023945
Oh, this might be interesting. Can you tell me more?

Your character grows old, is it almost like an open world Chivalry?
>>
>>338016378
>Half the people don't even say hello when you do dungeons

you don't play MMO to socialize, do you? are you this lonely that you need random internet people to talk to?
>>
>>338024293
Yeah and WoD seemed good until it got released. Just another flavor of the month mmo as was bdo.
>>
I'm playing Project Gorgon. It's basically the game I've been looking for.

If you've played Asheron's Call, and haven't heard of this, you have now. Go check it out.
>>
>>338024534
open world, open everything
Granted, the -openness- of the game can kinda be shit if you are a loner since
>stealing can get you detained/killed
>griefing will definitely get you killed
>you essentially need to join a house or organization to survive
but all in all, hype for this, as i used to love WO back when Brohalla was still a thing

>>338024627
you have what's called "retarded logic"
since something will eventually go bad, it is bad from the start
But w/e, more land for me
>>
>>338024380
only closed on console.
please dont post misinformation on the internet it is impolite.
>>
>>338024627
>Yeah and WoD seemed good until it got released
No it didn't. Everyone who payed attention to the beta saw it was absolute shit.
>>
>>338024817
You call skepticism "retarded logic", in a gaming world that has failed us so many times, recently even more. I would call it more retarded to listen to promises blindly but w/e.
>>338024927
It seemed good and was good. Only problem i had with it was that i kept subbing for too long. Meaning of course that the leveling was good, everything else was garbage.
>>
>>338024927
Take off your fucking nostalgia goggles, quests and raids are better than ever before and it's worth subbing a month just for that. It's PvP and end game content that sucks.
>>
someone convince me to give up on FFXIV for good
>>
>>338025185
>It seemed good and was good
LOL

so you're a fucking retard then?

>>338025421
>quests and raids are better than ever before and it's worth subbing a month just for that
you too?
>>
>>338025608

or I should say, mmos in general, not just XIV
>>
>>338025648
>Meaning of course that the leveling was good, everything else was garbage.
You may call a retard all you want but it wont change the fact that you cant read.

stop making a fool of yourself while you still can
>>
>>338016623
MMOs have always been dead, only time it was "alive" when people was playing WoW. But WoW was and has always been the normie casual MMO.
>>
>>338019257
>Glasroy
That's a name I recognize. That guy would always destroy with Gunner in 10v10s.

But fuck Skyforge.
I got to 90k prest spending no money whatsoever and the fact that I would still melt to those 200k+ prestige chucklecunts because they had thrown literally hundreds of dollars into the game made me salty as fuck.
Those fucking Russian devs are milking that game pretty well.

>>338016378
Currently playing Black Desert.
There's no real social interaction until endgame.
But it's pretty sandbox-y and can be played casually. The professions are actually quite relaxing.

I'd agree with others in the thread that MMOs are ded right now.
>>
>>338025782
>quests and raids are better than ever
>and raids
>and it's worth subbing a month
Looks like you're the illiterate one. The questing was dogshit btw. I sure loved going around solo'ing everything mindlessly with no challenge or fear of death whatsoever in a setting completely unrelated and irrelevant to actual Warcraft lore. I loved that it took only 10 hours to do as well. Really awesome.
>>
>>338025905
I never said a thing about the raids. You have your taste and i have mine. Why do you assume that i am a part of this hi/v/emind?

i still encourage to stop making a fool of yourself. And if we were to use the hi/v/emind logic you would still be losing, there are 2 people against you on the wods leveling matter.
>>
File: 1462912604037.jpg (38 KB, 752x407) Image search: [Google]
1462912604037.jpg
38 KB, 752x407
>>338026147
>You have your taste and i have mine
No, everything about the expansion was objectively bad. You don't get pic related with good features. Don't hide behind "m-muh opinion" to defend your shit taste.
>>
>>338026378
You just confirmed what i said you dumb fuck.
leveling was good, wod peaked at the start, the leveling part of every exapnsion. When endgame was knocking on the door, everyone left.

Still making a fool of yourself. And i warned you.

What does that make you?
>>
>>338026507
>You just confirmed what i said you dumb fuck.
People will trod through bad leveling to see what the endgame has to offer before quitting, especially if the leveling only takes 10 hours. WoD peaked at the start because of Blizzard's promises to bring WoW back to its roots during ad campaigns. It took a bit of time beyond the leveling for everyone to see that they had no interest in the expac.

The leveling was objectively poor. I provided you with reasons as to why it's bad and all you've come back with is "n-no it's not!" and "s-s-someone else agrees w-with me!". Come up with some actual arguments.
>>
>>338026825
You have as much arguments as i do, you have tried to use the same arguments against me and failed. And you still try to prove yourself one way or another that you are right. Wod had the best quest storylines wow have ever seen. There was "some innovation" on the questing mechanics.

If you have been looking for a challenge from wow after tbc you are just even more retard then you have made of yourself in this thread
>>
>>338024817
I'm really on the fence, no offense.

Granted, it has interesting gimmicks, mechanics, concepts and what have you.

Namely the aging system, cartography, body shape adjusting to your profession, layered armor, family system, survival elements, non-repeatable quests.

The weather system has potential, the snowy mountain path and lush grassland areas were gorgeous.

Some of the details were vague. What precisely can your character affect in the world, they said you could turn the tide of history, but didn't really give any examples.

It seems far too ambitious to accomplish everything they want under their budget. The "skill based" movement system and knowing "what your character is capable of" wasn't fully explained. The "light and dark" system was underplayed.

This is early footage, but the animations look stiff. I'm not convinced the combat will be as in depth as they're stating.

Some of the choices seem contrived and not fully thought out.

Knowing where to grow your crops, what to eat, growing out of your armor. All of this would take a massive amount of effort, it seems like they're grossly overplaying their product.
>>
>>338027215
>You have as much arguments as i do
my arguments:
>I sure loved going around solo'ing everything mindlessly with no challenge or fear of death whatsoever in a setting completely unrelated and irrelevant to actual Warcraft lore. I loved that it took only 10 hours to do as well. Really awesome.

your arguments:
>You have your taste and i have mine
>there are 2 people against you on the wods leveling matter

>Wod had the best quest storylines wow have ever seen. There was "some innovation" on the questing mechanics.
LOL

Meaningless alternate universe time travelling that had ZERO impact on the real story, that's some great storytelling right there. And those """innovative""" questing mechanics are literally just bonus objectives, quests that you don't have to pick up or turn in.

WoD's leveling was objectively shit bro.
>>
File: 1458532651562.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1458532651562.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
Planetside 2 is an excellent MMO.

It has a high skill cap, no progression other than unlocking new guns and "Auraxium" a gun which gives you a cool camo and some quirky feature for the gun.

It's skill based, no p2w bullcrap. The default guns are actually the best in the game, everything else is a side-grade. There is no matchmaking crap, just fighting in huge most of the time 200+ player battles over a map that is about 8km square.

I has battlefield style vehicles with light tanks, heavy tanks, APC's, air superiority fighters and gunships, a transport plane and helicopter VTOL thing.

The best part is it's FREEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338016859
>Want to play FF11
>Not sure if I should bite the bullet and play alone while paying monthly for it
>Or wait for the F2P mobile version
>>
>>338027215
>If you have been looking for a challenge from wow after tbc you are just even more retard then you have made of yourself in this thread
and I don't play WoW exclusively for the huge challenge, but every aspect of the game should have an iota of decision making and mental stimulation. If it doesn't, it's basically flashing lights on a screen. WoD's leveling was flashing lights on a screen, like a TV show, but with the most abysmal fanfic-tier irrelevant story you've ever seen.
>>
>>338027612

Also by 200+ players I mean at one base.

Not just spread across the whole 8km square map, just one base that is maybe 50m from one end to the other.
>>
>>338027602
Both of our arguments have as much weight. Doesnt matter how many times they are pointed out.

>Meaningless alternate universe time travelling that had ZERO impact on the real story, that's some great storytelling right there. And those """innovative""" questing mechanics are literally just bonus objectives, quests that you don't have to pick up or turn in.

You still have no idea what im talking about? the main storyline was pretty shit. I dont care about impact on a game universe, but i do care about enjoyment and the sidequests. You have not read even 1/4 of quest texts so why dont you shut up on that matter.

You just dig deeper and deeper.
>>
File: 1461543991976.jpg (206 KB, 850x734) Image search: [Google]
1461543991976.jpg
206 KB, 850x734
>>338027561
Don't worry due, CoE looks dope. The guy you're arguing with is a literal retard who says Warlords of Draenor was good. He's probably the guy who posted pic related.
>>
File: Star_Wars_Galaxies.jpg (24 KB, 263x375) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Galaxies.jpg
24 KB, 263x375
i wish i could come on /v/ once without being reminded.....

RIP
>>
is tree of savior any fun

is it even an mmo?
>>
>>338027945
LoL
he only pointed out one part of a game that he liked, and now you say he liked the whole game
LoL

but he still had a point. Blind trust has not lead to many good things in gaming and specially mmos.
But hopefully the game will be good and exectue all promises well.
>>
>>338027860
>Both of our arguments have as much weight
I pointed out real flaws with the leveling process, you came back with a nonargument and an ad populum in a thread with 4 people posting in it to begin with.

>the main storyline was pretty shit. I dont care about impact on a game universe, but i do care about enjoyment and the sidequests
So you literally enjoy eating shit and have objectively bad taste then? Makes sense. Enjoy the rest of WoD anon :)
>>
>>338028136
Playing it right now.

It's alright, it's hard to really recommend wholly, but I mean if you feel interested in it I would say its worth trying, but get a guide before playing because going blind will make it so much worse than it needs to be.
>>
WoW zero contest.
>>
>>338028165
I have not been subbed in half a year. as said the game as a whole is shit, its only stupid to disagree with that. Yet the storylines WERE good, but you know nothing about them since you seemingly cant read.
>b-but muh g-great b-buzzwords have power here
>>
File: FFXIV Ninja 2.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV Ninja 2.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>338020184

>le 2.5gcd maimai xD
>>
>>338028583
>le only fast class in the game mie mie
>>
>>338028378
>Yet the storylines WERE good
If you feel that a couple storylines about retrieving booze and killing goren or whatever makes the entire questing process good, sure. To each their own I guess. It's objectively bad taste and WoD's leveling was objectively bad though.
>>
File: FFXIV Drg.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV Drg.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>338028684
>>
>>338027561
Also, they excruciatingly drive the point home it's "not like other MMOs", another WoW clone, or the type of uninspired garbage, corporations wouldn't take a risk on. It's BY games FOR gamers.

Does it make sense to be extremely skeptical of how bluntly they're claiming this project is cut above the rest? It just seems like they're capitalizing on easy targets while their end-result will fall short of what's expected. When compared to how many times this has occurred only for a product to be extremely underwhelming, it borders on sleazy, or a scam at worst, and potentially misleading at best.

If their game is thought out and balanced logically, they accomplish everything they set out to do, and do so well, this could be an insanely in-depth MMORPG. But it's hard to give in to the hype.
>>
>>338028778
>>338028583
>the same webms from that same lalafell dude who's always preaching ffxiv as having fast combat.

m8, we know you're using instant abilities with 2-3minute cooldowns. That;s why don't show the rest of the rotation.
>>
>>338028925
>2-3minute cooldowns.

Not that guy but DRG insta skills have less than 1min CD except the Critical buff. Also most of the NIN too.
>>
>>338029193
1 minute is still long. If he should how long you'd have to wait for that 1 minute ;)
>>
>>338016623
this except for kronos 2 wow vanilla private server, and MAYBE tree of savior if you have no life and want to grind easy mobs for 600 hours.
>>
File: drg rotation 2.png (423 KB, 1888x927) Image search: [Google]
drg rotation 2.png
423 KB, 1888x927
>>338029281

When you finished your whole opening and first rotation you usually have the 1st instant you used up again. Also High end bosses don't usually let a DRG or a NIN to perform more than a whole rotation before some mechanics force them to stop it, run around and then start from the beginning.

In other words, 99% of the time you won't wait 2,5 seconds withouth pressing nothing, there's always something to do or to press. This is not WoW where you only have 3 skills and press the other 3 skills when they proc.
>>
>>338029759
I didn't play DRG to 60 but I played MNK and DRK to 60. Played PLD, DRG, and WHM to 50. The rotations were never this complicated. Just dial a combo, keep bleeds up, and stand in right positions in case of DRG, the back and flank rarely. You are definitely sitting on the 2.5 seconds if they fight doesn't have breaks and then you're basically not doing anything during the break.

Also if you want to do highest damage you have to hit the skills when they proc as freebies just like WoW.
>>
>>338030164
Oh I also lvled a NIN to 60. Instead of 2.5 its 2.1/2.0 with gear and that fuuton skill.
>>
File: Deathflare.jpg (139 KB, 1277x719) Image search: [Google]
Deathflare.jpg
139 KB, 1277x719
>>338030164

MNK is totally diferent from DRG and DRK is a tank that only has to repeat the healing rotation adding outgcd as they pop.

Also you should know that every job changed a lot at lvl60. DRG and SMN are totally diferent at lvl60.

God bless that Deathflare.
>>
>>338028783
Also, the line she said about not putting in chain-mail bikinis. We're all familiar with scantily clad women charging into battle despite their lack of protection.

She said it won't happen, the armor will fully cover you, you're not going to see female characters in bikinis.

Then he almost contradicts her by stating not to say they won't include these really skimpy outfits, but they just wouldn't protect you the way a regular outfit would. So, which is it? Are they in the game or not? I mean, I'm assuming no.

It's not an issue if they don't want to allocate time creating those assets, but it's sort of sending mixed signals.
>>
>>338028783
>But it's hard to give in to the hype.
Pretty much. I wish them good luck, but I can't give my wallet to MMO hype. I've been playing these games too long to give in to that.
Looking at some of the systems there are not even single player rpgs out there that manage some of this. It's hard to believe an MMO could do it with a kickstarter backing and some money of their own at that.
>>
>>338018087
I don't like how they handled the Kickstarter rewards, and lore is not that impressive so far. We'll see.
>>
I havent played a single videogame after nostalrius shut down. Nostalrius was the most fun i have had in videogames in years. What do i play now?
>>
Please dont bash me for asking this.
Blade and soul? TERA? Are they really so bad and cancerous as i hear?
I just want to know.
>>
>>338027561
I imagine most mechanics will turn out to be useless/dumbed down shit by the time the game launches.
>>
>>338016378
FFXIV is literally the only MMO that's receiving content on a consistent basis and is thriving. Legacy servers on there are so full of people that you can't make a character on them unless its 4am and there are queues to login every primetime evening.
>>
>>338027612
That is if you can run it.
>>
>>338031370
ESO receives new content every three months, it's actually a pretty solid game now, totally different from launch. I just can't stand quest hubs though.
>>
>>338031243
Wait for Blizzard to do Vanilla servers themselves or go to Kronos.
>>
>>338030707
>I've been playing these games too long to give in to that.

Same here. I'm going to wait for the finished project and see if it's truly revolutionary.

It's baffling how much they want to include in this game while operating as a 16-man team on a 900k budget. They haven't made up their minds on detrimental details to the game, (a game that focuses so much on depth, attention to detail, dynamics), which they inadvertently leaked into their promotional video.
>or... birthdays

The project is moderately well put together, but they make a lot of huge claims that are difficult to take at face value.
>>338030918
How they want to expand their game through their stretch goals is kind of odd, they almost seem like randomly assorted ideas. Tavern games? Glowing pinecones? Shouldn't they use that money to maybe further polish their unrefined mechanics and combat? With double their funding they have VR, and mounted combat.

I guess we'll wait and see.
>>
>>338031370
>queues are a good thing
i think i'll pick an mmo that spends sub revenue on providing basic service
>>
>>338031584
I would love to, but they are probably going to fuck it up by adding a bunch of things that werent there in vanilla.

I would only play it if its 100% vanilla (expect higher population cap like nost)
>>
>>338031815
He's mentioning queues to let you know it's active.
>>
I'm playing FF14 right now. No P2W, sub fee keeps the BRs and Russians F2P trash out and there are no gold selling bots on Legacy/JP servers. Loads of people still play it veteran and new people on here and the next major patch is due early next month.
>>
>>338028583
That sudden stop at the end.
>>
>>338031848
>I would love to, but they are probably going to fuck it up by adding a bunch of things that werent there in vanilla
The only thing I can see them adding are things that'll bring its per player revenue in line with retail. Things like cosmetic mounts/pets and maybe tokens. It'd suck but at this point I honestly don't care, I just want a decent quality server that won't get shut down.
>>
>>338030434
>somehow deathflare changes the same bore fest DoT rotation

what about actually making summoner, you know, a summoner class
>>
God, this gets worse the longer I look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-qzi6FUms
>>
FFXI and FFXIV have to be the only MMOs today that still require a mandatory subscription fee. Every other MMO has went F2P including WoW if you count those gametime tokens.

There's no such thing as a good F2P MMO. They get you somehow whether it's a Jewish cash shop, 12 month wait until next content patch, or the game is RMT heaven.
>>
>>338032303
That's what concerned me about it too. The combat looks retarded.
>>
>>338031994
I could probably deal with cosmetic bullshit like pets but i know they will keep services like name changes, race changes and server transfers. This alone would ruin it for me. With these services the sense of a tight knit community like nost is gone. When someone has been acting like a jackass, the word will spread and people will remember him. With services you can just ninja shit and then transfer.

I know they cant give up on that. Thats their precious shekels.
>>
File: 1455647179005.jpg (96 KB, 470x389) Image search: [Google]
1455647179005.jpg
96 KB, 470x389
>>338031370
>FFXIV
I want this meme to die

Black Desert gets updates with new content every single month.

Blade and Soul gets updates every single month.

and is actual content, not 2 dungeons and option A[undeep 24 man dungeon] or B[new floors for end game dungeon.

the gameplay of BDO and BnS is soooo much more fun than 14 too, and hell they actually feel like real rpg's because your only objective is not just farm a retarded weekly currency then log off for the rest of the week.
>>
>>338032502

>trying to push Korean P2Win trash

Get out.
>>
>>338031930
He thinks there is no rus in f14.
>>
>>338032502
BnS and BDO all boil down to grinding the same crap every day until you AFK for new content. The major difference being that you have to wait months for actual meaningful content since Korea gets dibs on everything first.
>>
>>338031930
>No P2W
because everything is lock on a 450 weekly currency, that the main focus of the game, that boring as hell 450 weekly currency

>sub fee keeps the BRs and Russians F2P trash
go to the moogle station and tell me here no F2P trash in there

>no gold selling bots on Legacy/JP servers
as a person that player the game for almost 2 years, you are right my friend

>Loads of people still play it veteran
actually that where the biggest drop of subscriber is, since we been playing the same game for almost 2 years.

>next major patch is due early next month
for side content

I love 14, but the developers keep expressing the want to keep the game the same, dungeons will feel the same every single time because here no real reward on it besides the same old currency, end game content is gated so fucking hard you can't do the last floors till you get 3 months worth of currency gear, and the game stats lack so much variety, influence, and presence, I could only tell how much dps increse my monk gained from lvl 50-60, then the increments were so marginal and small I could not take it.

I am not even touching the topic of how the game level sync you in old dungeons, making gear upgrades even more irrelevant, not like here anything worth farming in those well designed dungeons, that lack any reward for doing then aside from the old duddly currency.
>>
>>338032303
Who the fuck cares about "recreating scenes" from Zorro or the Princess Bride? This isn't that. And it shouldn't try to be.
>>
>>338028778
>>338028583

please stop posting your retarded openers that would even make a casual player cringe
>>
>got WoD for free and 7 days
>can't find the will to play the game after all the ability prunings
>or D3
>or HoTS
Goddamn, Blizzard is really on the shitter right now.
>>
File: crafting.png (74 KB, 578x431) Image search: [Google]
crafting.png
74 KB, 578x431
Remember not to preorder this shit
>>
>>338032606
>>338032875

>Blade and Soul
>Grinding
No sir, here a lot of content coming out super fast so it creates a lot of "holy shit we need a lot of this" tension.

But even Koreans agree, Blade and Soul is the less grindy MMO they have produced in ages, is at western mmo's level of grinding unless you go for legendary weapons.

>>338032875
>Grinding the same crap
>Do BnS ff14 version of roulete
>Realise everything in the game rewards you one way or another.

PvP rewards you, all dungeons that are purple reward you, they have amazing drops, like literally stuff that can help you gain new skills(like ff11 did back in the day), not just a stupid.

Now I won't defend Black Desert Online because it really is at final fantasy 11 level of grind, wich is not bad or good because is as deep as ff11 was.
>>
>>338033046
you already got more than hundreds of hours of playtime if all you're doing is tomegrinding, maybe it's time to play another game instead of autistically playing the same JRPG for hundreds of hours.
>>
>>338033423
No sir is not, tome grinding is less than 5 hours of grind a week.

And that why the game is diying right now, is the same old crap since 2.0 release, people are tired of the same old crap, because holy shit it is boring and I have no idea how people can keep taking it in the ass so often.

Well designed dungeons through, but no idea who told then well designed dungeons would make up for regardless dungeons.
>>
I really liked DCUO before it went pay 2 win. God damn it was great. Raids were a real challenge and there wasn't much room to fuck up anything
>>
>>338033259
Those are just opinions of random people. What will kill this game is the Game of Thrones retards forcing Game Thrones shit logic everywhere.
>>
>>338016378
i hate when i make the same exact threads and i get no replies. are you people retarded?
>>
>>338033609
What I mean is that if all you're doing in is logging in capping a currency then you're clearly already finished with the over hundreds of hours worth of main story quests, dungeons, trials, and other content.

It's natural to get burned after playing a game for hundreds of hours. No one is forcing you to grind, may as well quit and comeback when they add more content. No video game is designed to last forever.
>>
>>338031248
Both are free to play. You can make up your own mind by trying them.
>>
>>338033818
The story is not that long but enjoyable.

I do plan of coming back when Red Mage is out, here rumors that say they are planing on reworking some classes to demolish the trinity system(come on 10+ classes and the game still stuck on a fucking trinity? that for mmo's that have like 5 classes) and gearing system.

If here no big changes in the next expansion I just get Red Mage to w/e the new level cap will be and quit for good, have to love that hat.

>inb4 they go with the bravely default AF design
I just need the god dam hat
>>
File: freerealestate.jpg (11 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
freerealestate.jpg
11 KB, 247x247
It's yet ANOTHER, /v/ forgets EVE exists thread.
>>
>>338034286
EVE is barely a game though
>>
>>338016378
I tried PSO2 but it sucks compared to PSOBB. I tried WoW but the game has been sucking ass since Wrath added all this casual shit like LFD and everyone can raid in welfare epics now.

Currently playing FFXIV 30 day free month and it's not so bad. Runs better than most other MMOs and it's pretty active here on Leviathan.
>>
>>338034286
Everyone knows EVE exists.
No one wants to play it because muh spaceships.
>>
>>338016378

i surprised what you say about TSW. usually those small funcom communities are pretty decent. hell even AO and i assume Conan are still clinging on.

WoW has an expac soon and WoW is usually at least worth checking out until you've done the new raids. WoD was terrible and the dev cycle approach seems to be killing the game as a traditional MMO, it is more like Diablo now, and WoW expacs are like ladder resets with a content patch. which you have to pay for. on top of a sub.

FF14 is good but i just can't bring myself to play it. the core gameplay just isn't interesting to me. i don't feel like an FF or even really an RPG character, i don't really have any input on a build or spells or anything, its all pretty linear whakamole. the dev cycle approach is good i think though, progression raiders complain about the catch-up patches but at least you get both progression and catch-up patches comparatively consistently.

FF11 is still really good if you can get into the archaic and broken core gameplay system and if you can get over possible residual nostalgia and bitterness about the Lv99 model if you're an old player. With all the hardwired limitations it's probably the only way they could still have us playing the game and still getting new things on a good schedule, hell its better now, with more updates, than we got in the golden CoP/ToAU days.

Most other modern things like BnS and F2P models are different, and hardly seem comparable with traditional MMOs. its more like, a lobby / instance approach than ever before, the scope is much much smaller. those games can still be fun, again its like a Diablo appeal, action gameplay and you just play when there's a content patch - which is extremely rare and they milk you with cashshop vanity instead of real MMO content, and asian service platforms/publishers, which they mostly are, are notoriously shit - even more so for EU services.
>>
File: ScreenShot00001.jpg (632 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00001.jpg
632 KB, 1920x1080
>not playing LOTRO

shiggy my diggy
>>
File: Tired man.jpg (31 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Tired man.jpg
31 KB, 630x420
WoW. Sadly.
>"b-but it's shit!"
It is, but everything else is even worse.
Although you can play eve online, if you wan't a second job.
>>
>>338033792
Sorry
>>
>>338034286
Overrated piece of crap.
>>
>>338031248
Both are great games, try then, nothing to lose but a few hours.

Blade and soul has a slightly better game play, skills managing, story(only slightly), and pvp through, Tera has a better over-world, boss, dungeons design through.

Pick your poison
>>
>>338034286
EVE is a job
>>338034370
the fact that TSW is alive is a good thing already, but it's pretty empty aside from Agartha, depending on your opinion it may be a good thing because of the atmosphere of the game
I wish I could go back to XIV but it feels like I'm playing an entirely different game from the raiders
>>338034437
how is LOTRO these days? Have they gotten to Gondor or wherever they're going to go yet?
>>
>>338016378
FF14 fàm

>He doesn't play Ranked Feast
>>
>>338034674

>how is LOTRO these days?

Picked busiest server.

Saw 4 people over 6 hours.
>>
If you say anything other than ESO, you're wrong.
>>
File: Screenshot_20150220_182630.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20150220_182630.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>338034736

>ESO
>>
File: ScreenShot00011.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00011.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
>>338034674
>Have they gotten to Gondor or wherever they're going to go yet?

Yeah. Current new region is Far Anórien. You can also visit Minas Tirith but it's horribly optimized in most parts, as whole Gondor (at least for me).

>>338034731
Go to Prancing Pony in Bree and you'll always see people. Unless you're playing when everyone else is asleep.

Pic related is Dol Amroth, I don't have any screens of MT that aren't dark as shit because of that area being dark.
>>
MMORPG in 2016:
Pick at least two:
>P2W
>playing is a chore
>ten year+ old mechanics
>very bad community
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 752x1350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 752x1350
>>338016378
Come play on Ephinea PSO
We have /v/ parties all the time and a dedicated playerbase
>>
>>338016623
this desu
>>
File: Screenshot_20150223_000952.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20150223_000952.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>338034736
>>
>>338019257
The floaty combat since nothing has any weight and boring enemies?

Stay away from skyforge unless you're a masochist which we all are since we are on v
>>
>>338016378
Legacy Ultima Online shards with close-knit communities.
>>
I don't get the 2.5s GCD meme for FFXIV. Doesn't the game have oGCDs to fill the gap between the downtime?
>>
File: 20160516105812_1.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160516105812_1.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
>>338034920

Mah nigga

I still play LOTRO.

Played for at least 4 or 5 years. Never got to level cap because I just enjoyed leveling.

Now I'm a bit lost and picking up the game again. No idea how dungeons work and shit. I guess I'll learn slowly.

Currently going through Rohan. The book quests are fucking tight, however, the fucking horseback combat might as well go and fuck itself.
>>
>>338034736
Havent found a better one, and i've searched far and wide.
>>
File: ScreenShot00003.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00003.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
>>338035215
I've played it since it went f2p myself. Currently "stuck" at 102lvl because I don't want to pay the sub nor I want to spend 2k tps on the newest region as currently it has almost no content and a raid will be added later on.

In my opinion anything from Rohan onwards sucks mad dick in terms of quality, at least the locations are fun.

And yeah mounted combat is completely awful. I wish it never was introduced in the first place. At least the horse is faster than normal mounts, best thing about it really.

What server my nigga?
>>
>>338034730
>ff14
>pvp
pick one
>>
File: 2016-01-31_00001.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-31_00001.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>>338035417

Server: Gladden[US]

The zone design was always the strongest point of the game, if you ask me. The quests really pick up once you reach Trallshaws and onward. However, Rohan quests are too linear for my liking. Still, bretty gud.
>>
>>338034736
>>338035350
What makes it good? It looks like wet garbage.
>>
File: 2.5s gcd.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
2.5s gcd.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>338035195
its slow as fuck
>>
>>338016846
Hello, ignorance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/
>>
File: ScreenShot00009.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00009.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>>338035648
Shame, I'm on Landroval. Seems quite active if you ask me, at least better than before the server migration.

I don't know what exactly happened in Rohan and I don't fully remember it (played through it some time ago, need to roll a new character for that) but most quests seemed to just go "dude there are orcs" "naaah fuck off" "OH SHIT ORCS" every single goddamn time.

Wish more MMOs reached that level of comfyness and especially the instrument system.
>>
>>338036083

>I don't know what exactly happened in Rohan and I don't fully remember it (played through it some time ago, need to roll a new character for that) but most quests seemed to just go "dude there are orcs" "naaah fuck off" "OH SHIT ORCS" every single goddamn time.

That's pretty much it.

What I don't mind is the personal stories that some of the characters have. The quests themselves are nothing special.

I still have my character transfer available to me. Was thinking whether I should move from Gladden. But honestly, until I reach the endgame, I don't think it's worth deciding.
>>
File: 1462468745367.jpg (122 KB, 1092x709) Image search: [Google]
1462468745367.jpg
122 KB, 1092x709
>>338036257
How is Gladden these days in terms of activity? You can always make an alt on Landy during some more active hours and compare the amount of people here and there.

You know, endgame sadly is usually just grinding instances for gear (now that they added Featured Instances that I'm yet to do), pvp which is not that great and not that popular in lotro anyway, or just doing deeds you haven't done before, exploring lands you missed, doing all sorts of stuff, or even roleplaying if that's your thing.

I'd welcome you onto Landroval with open arms, lad.
>>
>>338036257
>>338036462

Will you two just fuck already? The suspense is killing me.
>>
>>338036556
>>
>>338036462

Gladden is alright. Don't see many people out in the Rohan area. However, as far as I know there are raids and instances going on constantly. So a fair bit of people on there. Lots of low levels running around as well in the starting zones.

Been doing deeds on my off time. Anything that's not a kill deed is fine. Thank god that they reduced the kill deed size.

Might try Landroval once I get my shit sorted out by the end of the week.
>>
>>338036886
Well if people are running raids and instances then it's not so bad I suppose. People usually just run through Rohan without thinking much, and I don't blame them.

Yeah I was kind of surprised when I logged in on monday and saw a few new titles and 70tps for nothing. At least once turbine does something for the players, but I have a feeling they'll do some awful shit not long after. Like with new dyes being only event/store exclusives.

Leave your steam if you're actually in for it, would be easier than trying to find you in a random mmo thread on fucking /v/
>>
>>338035038
I used to play a LOT of PSO2 but i left it because it started to feel like an addiction.
How is PSOBB compared to PSO2?
>>
>>338035758
All the following are purely my opinions but:
I like the pvp as it requires strategy and coordination of multiple (full)groups
i havent played any trials(raids) and only a few dungeons but i like them as much i have played them.
main story is a bit clichè but some side quests are interesting and the DLC quests are very well done.
progression is not very traditional as the best gear is crafted
>>
>>338037164

Look for: Barry the retarded photon on steam

Might as well get myself that rune keeper class. Kind of felt like giving it a go. Start it up on Landroval.
>>
>>338035038
Can I run it on a toaster? Dual-core 2.0Ghz/2GB RAM/SSD 32GB/one of the newer Intel HDs. Pls reply.
>>
>>338037714
Sent

Isn't RK and Warden with Moria Expansion anyway?
>>
Damn son this thread is still up
>>
>>338037980

Oddly enough I don't have it. Might be because I went through Moria with a VIP, and probably never got the expansion.
>>
>>338024546
Not op, but yes.
>>
File: eso 2016-03-13 16-18-13-42.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eso 2016-03-13 16-18-13-42.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
ESO is the best MMO I've played and the best TES game after Morrowind. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>338039424
No, the burden is on you to prove it is the best.
>>
Is there even any mmo with better combat than Aion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b30WGyJ5eg
>>
>>338039565
Not him but eso is the best mmo. prove him wrong as he nicely asked. You just have not proof of him begin wrong and you only turn the question around.
>>
>>338039718
No, the burden of proof is on him to prove it is the best. You don't wave your penis in someone's face and demand they prove it's not the best, that's just obtuse.
>>
>>338039718
You are a faggot prove me wrong. The burden is on you to prove you aren't one.
>>
>>338039953
But its not a penis we are talking about. Go on, you are afraid you cant prove him wrong and therefore wont do it.
>>338039983
My sexuality doesnt matter much nor bring anything to the conversation.
>>
>>338040232
Burden of the joke is on you.
>>
>>338040232
I am not afraid of anything nix bood.

In the real world when you make a claim you back it up with reasoning or facts, you did not.
>>
File: ScreenShot00013.jpg (131 KB, 788x600) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00013.jpg
131 KB, 788x600
Modern mmo is just grind to have literally the same gear as everyone else painfully long.

WHAT HAPPENED TO RANDOMLY GENERATED LOOT

RAISING SKILLS

OPEN WORLD
>>
>>338040371
Neither did you, mi lad. you were asked to prove him wrong, and you'd rather shitpost about it then actually have a conversation about it. That or you just dont know shit about the subject.
Go on, prove this wrong.
>>
>>338040708
Anon, we were discussing video games. If you can't discuss yours, go back to eating paste.
>>
>>338037784
PSO runs on dreamcast and single core pentiums, your PC can handle it no problem.
>>
>>338037241
P-please reply ;_;
>>
>>338040876
Yet you started shitposting about it rather then proving that fine gentleman wrong as he asked. Your burden bullshit doesnt matter to me at all. So why don't you first say you are sorry for the shitposting, then you politely ask of me to share my opinions with you, and maybe i will see to it.
>>
>>338016378
I've been playing Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst every night. On top of having really fun gameplay, the community is also really welcoming and beginner friendly. I started last Saturday and I've already made a handful of friends.
>>
>>338040992
Thanks, any private server you'd like to recommend?
>>
>>338040703
People cried about the journey taking time and effort, so modern developers condense and casualize everything to the point where the only thing people have to do anymore is afk at endgame.
>>
>>338041236
Anon, calm down. It's not a shitpost just bring something positive about your game next time so we can discuss it
>>
>>338032303
>was actually getting hyped for the game
.read about it
>sounded really great
>saw this combat video

Well, you just saved me weeks, maybe months of anticipation, thank you.
>>
>>338040703
>you find a piece if shiny equipment
>it's completely unique, with different attack, AC, and effects than any other
>>
>>338041356
As the matter of fact i have already brought it, but you are too lazy to read the whole thread, so don't come here blaming it on me. Be sure to ask on the specifics if you need to.
>>
>>338041141
I would, but I don't know.
>>
>>338041586
Oh ok, sorry.
Is the game fun at least? Is it a grind fest?
>>
File: eso 2016-02-18 22-04-52-81.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eso 2016-02-18 22-04-52-81.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>338039565
Best:
- Quests (probably the best in the whole series)
- Some storylines
- Waifus
- PvP
- Post-release armor and level-design

Worst:
- Dungeon group search
>>
>>338041398
You're so welcome dude, I was HYPED too but it's overselling itself.

Who knows, maybe it'll improve.
>>
>>338041530
Anon, stop. "The best" How? And why? You're not giving any insight or argument to work with.
>>338041748
Cool, what's your favorite quest?
>>
>>338041759
I dunno, I doubt it. The further I'm digging the more I'm not liking it. Its got a pretty small budget, most of the interesting mechanics in the game are stretch goals that haven't been reached yet, and the combat (as we saw in your video) is beyond retarded.

I was getting hyped because I realized its maybe a year or two away from actually being out, but you can't fix combat like that in a year. Thats the combat, unless they do a complete overhaul, which will just push everything back.
>>
>>338041985
As i said too lazy to read the whole thread, scroll up for a while and you see what i like about the game
not >>338041748
him
further up

if a bit of reading is too hard for you. You don't need/want to know and thats the end of it.
>>
>>338042184
We are Anonymous. We do no-

how the fuck would I know that? We're anonymous, you dipshit. get a fucking clue
>>
Best MMO for RP?
>>
File: 1vLH9Cv.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1vLH9Cv.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1080
>>338042353
... ESO.
>>
>>338042319
How many posts you see here saying anything about ESO? you've got something between your shoulders... use it.
>>
>>338042465
And I just assume it's the same guy who keeps replying to the OP?
>>
>>338042353
ESO, LOTR or FFXIV.
>>
>>338042438
>>338041748
>>338039424
I've been thinking of buying it, but i'm kinda scared of the dlc, does it Affect/split the player base?
>>
>>338042527
did the thing between your shoulders get lost or what. there are 2 posts in this thread describing eso i'm quite sure you can find them if you want to put a little bit of effort to it. Not everything is handed to you on a silver plate, your majesty.
>>
>>338042051
That's probably true. It's been on my mind since I saw the video.

How practical would it be and how often are you going to be swinging from a bar in the heat of combat? It's pointless theatrics. They need to overhaul their combat system because it's some of the most generic shit I ever saw. All the other combat related gimmicks become garbage when it plays like it's from 02
>>
>>338042552
I think a lot of people pay the monthly fee to get gems and access to all DLC.
>>
>>338042552
DLCs are fun but not necessary. I mean they have interesting storylines, but not much effect for the gameplay.
>>
>>338042768
And, I am going to assume each person who replies to the OP, is the same and not another person hyped about ESO? Do you see where I'm going with this? Don't be so thin skinned.
>>
>>338035215
Lifetime sub here, I always come back to it at least for a week every year. Feels like home.
>>
>>338042794
The whole bar thing was pretty over the top indeed, but I wouldn't dismiss the game for it. Also combat will have a lot of strategy involved, combos, disarms, and other things. They just should have chosen a different weapon for the demonstration.
>>
>>338037241
PSOBB has a far better aesthetic imo, though it's equally as addicting. Maybe even more so.
>>338041283
Not that anon, but Ultima is probably the largest server. Take that as you will. I think /v/ does frequent trips to Ephinea though.
>>
>>338042904
Dont be so small headed, as i said there are two posts describing the game, i am sure you can find them if you want to. You dont need to assume anything, only read.
>>
>>338042904
I've mentioned ESO and I'm not quoted anon. Believe me if you want.
>>
>>338043084
>>338043163
Well well well.... looks like I win.
>>
>>338016378
Ragnarok Online in a private server. Find a guild fight in WoE get the best friends ever.
>>
>>338043354
Game's aged like shit.
>>
>>338043303
you won nothing until you have read the whole conversation in this thread, then come whining about your winning. Many people have MENTIONED eso in this thread. But still there are only 2 posts DESCRIBING the said game. As soon as you put down your arrogance i just might point you to the post i've been talking about.
>>
>>338042552
I bought the subscribition for it, it sure was fun playing the dlc and get some crowns off of it, but never found it to be a must.
>>
>>338043478
The game is fun, the mechanics are fun, the new content is fun, i don't know what are you talking about.
>>
>>338043354
All privates server are either P2W, overrun by pinoys or dead
>tfw will never experience glorious days of RO again
>>
do you even NOVA?
>>
>>338045261
Nova like the mobile halo clone by Gameloft?
>>
>>338016378
I just came back from the PSO subreddit (yeah, I know) and someone mentioned Linkrealms there. And holy shit, it sounds like Ultima Online 1.5, without bots and macros, but with shards where you can freely build, plant crops, etc.

Any beta players here? The game launches tommorow.
>>
>>338047396
no because I don't have a fucking beta key thanks for reminding me
>>
>>338041398
>months
years
>>
>>338024751
This looks fun. Thank you, anon.
>>
WoW does lore and endgame right

Blade and Soul does arena pvp right(somewhat)

Tera does combat right

XIV actually feels like an MMO and not static circlejerk

Too bad there is no game which combines everything. You might like the world and lore in one game but it completely lacks fun combat and you might like the PvP in another game but it's stupidly p2w. Genre's been dead for quite some time now. Mabye vanilla WoW will respark some of its magic.
>>
Ragnarok online private servers join a somewhat established guild and woe on different servers.

World of warcraft is stale but you can enjoy pvp or leveling alts before legion arrives.

Dont play ff14 its just a generic theme park mmo soo boring you even get to play with ps3 players. The graphics and music are great but its a simple game with shitty latency issues where if you dont get out enemy aoe a second before you take damage. Its okay but not impressive.

Some retard guildmates of mine are playing tree of savior but I dont like it enough to grind that much. A few are trying BDO I heard mixed stuff about it.

Whatever you do dont play GW2 or maplestory
>>
>>338051349
vanilla wow sucked and was grindy as hell, it's pretty overrated
>>
File: 1460325625682.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460325625682.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>>338052101
>vanilla wow sucked
>>
>>338034286
>autism simulator
>>
>>338052403
yeah it took like months of grinding to get shit, it was nothing but farming. Organizing raids turned into a chore, and took hours to complete, classes were unbalanced as fuck, it was buggy, exploitable, constant maintenance. although the community was more laid back and I miss the sociable aspect
>>
>>338049904
I didn't mean the game would come out in months, I meant my hype would die in months.
>>
File: 1378627647698.jpg (26 KB, 376x391) Image search: [Google]
1378627647698.jpg
26 KB, 376x391
>wildstar is a fun game that just needs a good content update and new players
>no new players because game is dying
>game is dying because no new players
>>
>>338053837
Most people who jerk off to Vanilla WoW most likely never actually played the actual Vanilla and just hype it up as the best thing ever because they played on Private Server with lacking values.

But they'll still insist that if you call it bad you're a wrathbaby or catakid.
>>
>>338053837
>Organizing raids turned into a chore
subjective

>and took hours to complete
eugh yea, fuck that noise. I hate having a lot of content in my games. they should be beatable in a week because I don't actually enjoy playing them! I want as to spend as little time playing the game as humanly possible!

>classes were unbalanced as fuck
Every class had at least 2 specs that were viable in raids, every spec in the game was viable in PvP

> it was buggy
Modern WoW is buggy. All games are buggy.

>exploitable
untrue

>constant maintenance
this wouldn't be a problem in a reboot

tl;dr you're cancer
>>
>>338054659
>Vanilla
>A lot of content

Can I fucking laugh at you already?

>Every class had at least 2 specs that were viable in raids, every spec in the game was viable in PvP
Nevermind, you haven't played Vanilla.
>>
>>338043607
You sound like you are literally 14 years old. Also I am not the dude you were "arguing" with.
>>
>>338054659
>>338054803
Also, one of the big things why raids dragged on was that people slacked off as much as they could during trash clear.
>>
>>338054803
>2+ years
>only .1% beat the game

>Nevermind, you haven't played Vanilla
It's objective fact. I've played this shit out of Vanilla, both retail and private servers. You people who harbor hateboners for Vanilla are stubborn and delusional as fuck so there's no real point trying to convince you of anything.
>>
Wurm.

>active communities

Oh, never mind

>tfw wurm is very close to my dreamgame but barely any other people want to fucking play it at all
>>
>>338055046
>only .1% beat the game
And you only prove further that you didn't play Vanilla with this meme.

1. You needed to grind a lot to get to Naxx
2. You needed 40+ people to do said grind to get to naxx (including the painful process of grinding old raids alone for months on end to get gear
3. You needed tons of consumable grinding in Naxx
4. Naxx was overtuned as fuck making it more bullshit than something actually difficult
5. Raiding was already pretty shit 40 manning when you had shit internet and even good computers struggled with FPS add some instadeath bs and you've got yourself hell

>You people who jack off to Vanilla are stubborn and delusional as fuck so there's no real point trying to convince you of anything.
Fix'd

You already outed as and idiot when you talked about 2 viable specs.

Warrior is pretty much the only class that could do that.
>>
Just stop ff11 was greatest mmo there ever was and ever will be.

No game will top the depth, sense of community, and sense of adventure.

Though out of the ones out now, really I guess ff14 isn't bad. I got couple jobs to 60. End game is pretty barren but leveling is pretty fun.

Not even a ff fanboy, I hate the main titles they're the most boring and generic RPGs around but the ff mmo are actually pretty good, except 11 which is fanantastic.
>>
>>338055590
And let's not forget additional grinding for resistance gear in Naxx.
>>
>>338054341
Shows how important launches are. Not every game bounces back with going F2P it seems. Though there was probably other fuck ups there to add to the chaos.

We had an anon who at least had a Wildstar dev hoodie come explain some shit in one thread. Stuff like new patches putting old already fixed bugs back in.

Seems some more key staff has been leaving this week too.
>>
>>338054659
that's your opinion man, I'm speaking out of the experiences I had back then... don't tell me coordinating 40 mans never wanted you to pull your hair out lol. especially fighting naxx. remember when your fishing rod could even boost your stats?
>>
>>338055590
>vanilla didn't have content!
>you just had to do a lot of things and invest a lot of time and effort to clear raids!
>t-t-that's not content!

you're not biased and delusional at all though. which expansion did have a lot content in your opinion? none of them?

>You already outed as and idiot when you talked about 2 viable specs
Every class had at least 2 specs that allowed them to compete in a raiding environment. Every spec in the game was viable in PvP. Show me one example of this being untrue.
>>
>>338055634
Ultima Online was the greatest MMO that ever was and ever will be.
>>
>>338055854
>Not every game bounces back with going F2P it seems.
wildstar had a huge resurgence with f2p. The problem is no one stuck around because people couldn't log on for a week and the ones who managed to get through had to put up with insane lag due to a loot bug.
>>
File: lotro dwarf hunter.png (903 KB, 849x782) Image search: [Google]
lotro dwarf hunter.png
903 KB, 849x782
TSW is okay, but it's basically a singleplayer game. The story and quests are pretty top notch. I tried WoW again recently and it's just dungeon queues with zero reason to leave your garrison/city, and you have to deal with an utter garbage community. FFXIV is okay if you have a group to play with and do shit, otherwise you have to go through basically a job interview to find a group that'll let you do end-game content with them.

Honestly the best one out there I think at the moment is LotRO. It's one of the last MMOs still around that you don't need a private server for, that actually has a well designed world you can go out and explore, and the community is a proper MMO community - social, helpful, and always people to do even ancient content with. I started playing last month and it's completely sated my desire for an MMO.

I've been having a lot of fun just dicking around the shire on my Hobbit hunter. Keep finding quests out in the wilderness that I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't left the road. Fell down a ravine while trying to take a shortcut and spent 5 minutes fighting my way through bears and goblins to get back to civilization. Now I've turned him into a historian and trying to figure out how Scholar crafting and mats work. Shit's fun and I haven't even left the Shire or Bree-land.

It's kind of amazing how a clunky and unpolished decade-old game is leaps and bounds better than any MMO made in the last 5 years.
>>
>>338056028
No you idiot.

The fact that you just cleared BWL for the 100th time to progress doesn't mean that each clear was something new.

>you're not biased and delusional at all though.
Pot, kettle.

>which expansion did have a lot content in your opinion? none of them?
TBC most definitely had most content.

9 Raids on quick count with dozen or so instances with both heroic and normal version.

+1 new BG and Arena system.

>Show me one example of this being untrue.
Let's see.

Paladin. Only Holy is viable, nothing else is. Don't even try and pretend that Retribution was viable outside of possibly MC if even that, it was garbage.

Priest had Shadow in order to carry out debuff duty, but otherwise out of that token Shadow it was Holy all the way.

Hunter: You start off as MM and at the very end you'd most likely be Survival because better scaling.

Druid: Restoration was the only thing before Aura shit. Then you'd have possible feral & boom aurawhores but that's it.

Mage: Arcane is useless throughout, you start as Frost mage because immunities but then you go perma fire.

Shaman: Literally only Restoration is viable outside of MC where some poor sod can pretend to be important DPS as Enhancement.

Enough?
>>
File: mmorrowind.jpg (221 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mmorrowind.jpg
221 KB, 1024x768
>>338016623
but why?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.