[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you excited for the new update?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1455984972315.png (36 KB, 495x483) Image search: [Google]
1455984972315.png
36 KB, 495x483
Are you excited for the new update?
>>
File: ainsley yes.jpg (363 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
ainsley yes.jpg
363 KB, 1001x1001
I'd pollinate that flower.
>>
Theyre fixing electric brains, nerfing the OP scientist trio, and buffing plants and the new map looks great. Its gon b gud
>>
>>338012332
The flower looks happy, anon.
>>
File: deal with it.jpg (54 KB, 367x378) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.jpg
54 KB, 367x378
http://plantfucker.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=vampire_sunflower
>>
>>338013212
>OP Scientist Trio
Does this include Marine Bio.?
>>
>>338014723
Yes

Chemist/marine biologist/zoologist

Full patch notes here http://www.pvzgw2.com/news/trouble-in-zombopolis

Also forgot to mention, 2 new characters. Pretty huge jump in content and fixes compared to the simple update back in march
>>
>>338014925
Fuck.

Then again, Running Heal Station, Mega Heal Bomb Marine Bio is fucking insane for solo stomping, let alone playing support.
>>
>>338012332
For a second I thought it an update to Undertale.
>>
>>338015008
Yes its not fair how scientist can heal himself and others while also having an extremely strong weapon. His only weakness is high areas because even some variants have long range like paleontologist and astronaut. Herbal assault was a mistake
>>
>>338015119
Herbal Assault was a mistake because literally only Citron has abilities that are geared towards offensive pushing, as opposed to the soldier, all-star and scientist, not to mention the new zombie classes.

The fact that they are fixing/buffing Energy Warp is great though, makes it actually viable.
>>
>>338015796
Its more like the og plants have abilities or weapons straight up better for defending than attacking. Citrons abilities suck ass and arent that offensive at all. Corn is the only one who has good offensive abilities and the best plant attacking teams have always had a lot of corns, a few peashooters, and maybe a chomper. The new zombie classes are way better than the new plant classes damage wise
>>
>>338016026
In terms of the base ideas, I'd say Citron works offensively, hence the shield, stun grenade and mobility options, however there's lots about that that need buffing to become viable.

Corn is basically an upgraded Soldier right down to the abilities.
>Rocket leap that does damage
>2-shot ZPG
>Butter Barrage over Stink Cloud
>>
>>338015796
In all the time I played, the herbal assault maps frequently didn't even get passed the first stage.
The moon is a massive struggle at every point which plants can still lose because zombies pushed more balls in. That first and third point are dire.

At least Citron is getting some changes. He felt beyond useless
>>
Is this some Undertale shit? The fuck?
>>
>>338016208
All three of the points are godawful on Moon Base Z, the Motel is so easily held because the high ground around the point is covered by the support on the point.

Citron is awful because you have to consider that he is basically half of a hero brainz, with Chomper being the other half.

>>338016247
>He hasn't played the best TPS in years
Educate yourself, Garden Warfare.
>>
>>338016195
The shield isnt for attacking...its for defending one person, your self. Perhaps if it generated a shield around other players next to you so you can storm in and help guard a chomper or peashooter itd be better. The stun grenade, fair. It cancels a lot but the problem is that its mainly supposed to be used to disable zmechs and has a slow recharge time. Does like 20 damage total too. The ball is really just for rolling around and going higher or faster. It has one attack ability that turns you into sonic but again recharges slowly.

Corns abilities are upgraded soldier but has worse accuracy and less variants. Soldier rocket jumps and ammo counts were nerfed from the first game but its still a very useful but underused class.
>>
>>338016850
Compared to other abilities, Citrons roll doing only 50 damage whichll then leave you vulnerable means you won't use it for combat.
The shield also only has about 50-75hp which is gone in seconds and still leaves most of citron exposed with his massive headshot area.
And the EMP does fuck all compared to harder disables like the imps or engineers.
>>
File: 1452397934046s.jpg (3 KB, 114x125) Image search: [Google]
1452397934046s.jpg
3 KB, 114x125
Is this game actually any good? I see my little brother whose five play it and he just kind of runs around and dies constantly. He seems to enjoy it so I don't say anything.
>>
>>338016850
Soldiers are definitely still useful. I just wish the Danger Zone had a faster reload to make up for the -10 Ammo, with recoil it burns through the 25 too quick.

With the shield, I meant more the extra defence allowing you to push forwards and tank some more hits, but because it's so weak you'll get your shit slapped.
>>
>>338017037
Thats what im talking about. Its good to quickly attack something but the slow transitions make it bad for attacking then getting out and shooting. Shield also gets melted and some zombies can do multiple sources of damage to the shield and take it out in like 2 shots. It was better in the beta. EMP is about the same as the engineer grenade but it also does a little damage on the side. Imp gravity grenade outclasses it though yes

>>338017050
Game is great, first one was better though. Just dont play it on PC, I switched to PS4 because of the low population and hacking scum ruining lobbies. If you dont like 2 then at least give 1 a shot since its better and its like 10 bucks everywhere now.

>>338017097
I havent realyl used sky trooper that much but I bet the upgrades will bring him back to GW1 levels, like most other upgrades do to old variants.

The shield in the beta had 100hp but they lowered it for the full game. The update is going to change his hitbox so hes not an instant headshot either anymore. Still will be easy to hit, just not completely easy. Might have to hit right between his face to get a critical now
>>
Is this game at all worth getting?
>>
>>338017816
It was on sale a few weeks ago, so I picked it up then.

Garden Warfare 1 still has a large playerbase on consoles, so pick that up and see if you like it.
>>
>>338017816
Try GW1 for cheap to get a taste. Its one of this gens most under rated games. The first game has excellent balance and levels with a funny style to it. Not like cringe haha were gamerz funny, but its just so silly with all the sounds and taunts the characters have that youd need to be an edgelord to not at least smirk
>>
>>338018112
The first game at least has a consistent style.

GW2 seems confused to me, Infinity Time is clearly to some degree a Doom reference, taking a portal to Infinity/Hell, fighting Gnomes/Demons and "The Gnomes Cometh" made me think of Thy Flesh Consumed, but that might be reaching, there's clear references to pop culture that kids wouldn't get like the use of Danger Zone, the opening movie's action movie homages and some of the details in the levels. (There's posters in Moon Base Z advertising a Space Auction with the 2001 Monolith for sale for example)

But then they have emoticon masks and screaming goats.
>>
>>338018439
Eh its how the 2D games progressed to. PVZ1 and GW1 mainly took place in bright, sunny happy suburbia with the plants trying to defend the area from the zombies. With PVZ2 and beyond they tried to intregrate time travel story elements which is why PVZ2 and GW2 have much more varied areas. I prefer the sunny happy lazy afternoon days feel of pvz1/gw1 but I know they wanted to move on and theres only so much you can do with that setting.

The first game had spoofs and references to other things to. Dont forget at the heart of the game its designed for kids so things like flashy emoticon masks and goat magic is more appealing. I liken it to cartoons. On the surface level its clearly for kids but if you look around theres some clever puns and secrets that only older people will get. And i think thats currently the best the series should aspire to. Its amazing in itself how a little company like popcap who went from making 2D mobile and browser games got to make a fully 3D coop/multiplayer shooter with tons of animations and details. Not a lot of small studios ever get that chance to make such a big leap
>>
>>338018727
I love the variety in the new game, especially in terms of maps, definitely.

I guess it's self-justification over playing a kids game so much.

Popcap have done amazing things with the series though, all while keeping it mostly on par, despite the EA acquisition, which did bring with it the opportunities for GW, but also the issues that I have with PvZ2.
>>
>>338018885
Ive always been a fan of popcap and was worried what would happen once ea got them. Even if pvz2 was a bit of a dud, im thankful the GW games came out of it. This series is definitely going to go down as one of my favorites and I imagine a very strong niche following will develop within 5 years. I hope they keep gw2 updated till at least summer 2017 ideally.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.