[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we ever going to fight this thing? What even is it? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10
File: Concept-Equal-Dragon.jpg (292 KB, 537x402) Image search: [Google]
Concept-Equal-Dragon.jpg
292 KB, 537x402
Are we ever going to fight this thing?
What even is it?
I don't know shit about Monster Hunter lore.
>>
Its just some concept art from the great wyvern war
>>
File: IMG_20141020_0030.jpg (973 KB, 1736x1244) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141020_0030.jpg
973 KB, 1736x1244
>>338011960
It's just a concept art piece, and has never really been hinted at being a real thing.

As for the MH Lore itself, it's not really that deep.
You got lots of old ruins like the tower and such, but it doesn't go farther than that.

Even the "official" world map is vague.
And I don't mind, I'm not here for lore. I wanna bash wyvern faces in.
>>
>>338012857
>>338012739
Gotcha. Kind of a bummer because that thing looks awesome.
>>
>>338012857
I think Capcom still considers the Dragon War stuff from early drafts of the backstory partialy canon, as the rust/ancient shard weapons, and Artian set, as well as shit people have said in past games when talked to, all still support that society was way more advanced in the past, and it would make sense some cataclysm happened that regressed it to where it stands now.
>>
File: MHTower.jpg (119 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
MHTower.jpg
119 KB, 1131x707
>>338013180
I'd agree, but more in the sense that if push comes to shove and they need a deeper plot line, they can fall back on it.

There is no doubt that they have some sort of ancient civilization with the rust/ancient weapons and such, but exactly what it is and if it relates directly to the stuff shown in the concept art is still up in the air.

I'd actually love it if games like Stories or other offshoots could explore that lore, but I'm quite happy with the mainline hunting style just remain as it is.
>>
>>338011960
This was a Frankenstein wyvern made by man and wyverians to fight against dragons in the dragon war.

Also MH takes place in the future of our modern world. The great dragon war starts with the destruction of modern civilization, Wyverians suddenly appearing and efforts to genetically modify humans to combat the dragons. The hunters you play as are decedent's of the original hunters in the dragon war.
>>
In my headcanon the whole game takes place in the lost planet universe as one of the E.D.N planets sustainable for life but NEVEC ditched it in the middle of colonizing it because the fauna was too dangerous and the humans who were left behind evolved and adapted into "hunters"
>>
>>338011960
The floor guardians of Sky Corridor in Frontier, Duremudira. Big zombie dragons full of the worst poison and preserved with ice generated by an artificial tail. Their parts are completely unusable, probably because they break down immediately upon separation and death, but you get insanely good semi-random artifacts from them.

Just look at how their body looks seamed together at the glowing lines. How the eyes look like they're almost fused into a single visor. How the tail doesn't belong there at all. How it resurrects from apparent death in an explosion of icy poison that paints the entire arena and cracks your fucking screen. How it exists seemingly to do nothing but guard the Sky Corridor, an ancient place that stretches into the sky that is said to be made of monster parts.
>>
>>338014559
The monument in the middle of the oasis crater in Tri, said to be the fang of a tremendous elder dragon that landed there, and is said to be completely impervious to erosion, is totally a fragment of a crashed space ship.
>>
>>338015064
Got an image of these guys?
>>
File: 1.jpg (201 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
201 KB, 752x1063
>>338014559
>>338015176

i like you two
>>
File: latest[1].png (768 KB, 952x744) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
768 KB, 952x744
>>338015064

this thing? looks nothing like you described, just poorly designed frontier monster
>>
>>338015064
If you think about the poison as a preserving agent rather than just poison it's fitting.

Sure they look nothing like Equal Dragon Weapons but it is suspicious that their in game lore is that the ancients left them as guardians of the Sky Corridor, which by the way is crafted from a LOT of Daoras.

Also the whole them being pretty much the only monsters where you are completely unable to utilize any of their parts.
>>
>>338015828
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNewe0kXji4

For final phase skip to 4:30.
>>
File: 817.jpg (308 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
817.jpg
308 KB, 800x800
>>338016191
I love dem pincer horns, bruh.
>>
File: mhf_20160403_205304_745.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mhf_20160403_205304_745.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>338017428
I don't view Dure as a zombie at all from how he fights at least.

But then again the only concrete thing that is know about him is that no one knows anything about him.

I have heard him be called the "Elder Dragon Hunter" before but even that's up in the air.

Still a damn fun fight.
>>
i was under the impression that:
>ancient ruins are left over from the war between dragons and humans, technology was pretty advanced
>dragons are (pretty much) from space and way back when were intelligent and dominated the earth as gods, oppressing humans
>humans eventually started fighting back and engineered weapons to defeat them, wyverians and the equal dragon weapon were genetically engineered from dragon dna to help fight them
>war was won and dragon gods retreated leaving behind their remnants and offspring who were unintelligent, i.e. the wyverns and their lesser cousins
>wyverns still carry hate for humans, the more intelligent of which (dara amadyura, kusharudaora, raoshanron) still sort of remember the war and seek out humans to fight
>>
File: 1424322655696.jpg (5 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
1424322655696.jpg
5 KB, 200x192
>>338014559
>there will never be a monhun/lp2 style mashup game
>>
>>338018898
Nah man Minegarde was a colony and Wyverians are a special caste engineered for working on it but then the colonists revolted and used the terraforming technology to engineer monsters they could use against the ruling corporation and cut off the planet from Earth. Then over time the bio weapons went feral and interbred with the indigenous life forms they were made from, and engineered workers and Wyverians disseminated and became hunters and elders.
>>
File: thinkign.png (96 KB, 202x179) Image search: [Google]
thinkign.png
96 KB, 202x179
>>338019146
cool
>>
>>338019104
Someday...
Someday we'll be able to carve up an akrud.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 685x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 685x385
>>338019104
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.