[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid vs Metal Gear Who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: metroidVSmetalgear.jpg (464 KB, 2543x700) Image search: [Google]
metroidVSmetalgear.jpg
464 KB, 2543x700
Metroid vs Metal Gear

Who would win?
>>
Since the Metroid can only attack by sucking life force from living beings and can be killed by a dozen missle shots, REX wins pretty easily
>>
>>338011890
>huge war machine that can launch nukes
>tiny little fuck that can only harm living beings
gee I wonder
>>
>>338012341
>>338012029
But don't Metroid absorb energy? Electricity is still technically energy. Also Metroid can't be harmed unless they are frozen
>>
>>338012029
missles dont hurt them unless they are frozen. rex doesnt have ice beam
>>
>>338011890
Metal Gear can't freeze Metroids
>>
>>338012490
>>338012398

Frozen, schmozen. The railgun's power alone would be unlike anything a Metroid had ever encountered.
>>
>>338012341
You forget that Samus fucking Aran struggles with them, and she's more armed than 10 REXs.

Samus in her power armor would tear Metal Gear REX to shreds considering what it took for Snake and Gray Fox to take it down.

That same person can be killed by Metroids and half of her arsenal is useless against them unless she freezes them.

Long story short. The Metroid beats REX. There's a reason those little fuckers are the most feared in the galaxy. 1000s of years of technological advancement since REX, and human tech still can't handle them. Nukes or not.

And that's just a baby stage Metroid. Adult stages are far more fearsome and powerful.
>>
>>338012843
Power Beam > Rail Guns

Power Beam does fuck all to Metroids. REX would lose.
>>
>>338011890
It depends: is the fight taking place in an area cold enough to make the metroid vulnerable? That's the only way the metroid isn't gonna win this fight.
>>
>>338013187
Shadow Moses Island, but outside
>>
>>338012992
>>338012895

>muh Samus

Its a gigantic war machine with a dozen different ways to attack and a nuclear payload. They are jellyfish that are literally destroyed by an ice beam followed by a volley of basic missles.

And if Hal had advance knowledge of the Metroids, I assume he'd change REX's dick laser into a freeze beam. The End
>>
>>338011890
Metroid. Metal Gear has no Freeze Rays nor X-Ray scopes+Nova Beams. If it uses a Nuke on the Metroid, then the released Beta Particles (part of Ionizing radiation) will make the Metroid reproduce asexually. While the Metroid cannot directly harm the Metal Gear, it just has to outlast it.

>>338013350
Not cold enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 180x240
But what can beat and X Parasite?
>>
>>338013520
>Not cold enough.
I may be misremembering, but didn't ADAM keep you out of ARC until you got the Varia suit in Fusion?
>>
>>338013446
>a war machine with a dozen different ways to attack and a nuclear payload

Yeah, that's Samus

>if
Ok retard.
>>
>>338013758
You really think Shadow Moses island is just as cold as the inside of a flash-freezer?

Besides, the cold has to hit the Metroids hard enough to make their jelly-like bubble-bodies freeze over instantly. Otherwise they'll just swarm back inside the base. Sure, Alaska may slow them down, but insta-freeze them?

Not likely.
>>
The better question is. Who would win, MGR:R Raiden or Samus?
>>
>>338013994

What part of the Metroid is killed really fucking easily do you not understand, retardt? Or that it can't harm a fucking machine?

Nintendrone faggot.
>>
File: tribute_to_haloid_by_ma_rin.jpg (15 KB, 300x246) Image search: [Google]
tribute_to_haloid_by_ma_rin.jpg
15 KB, 300x246
>>338014136
Let's...not involve Haloid-like match-ups.
>>
>>338014298
Oh my
>>
>>338014136
Jetstream Sam
>>
It's a stalemate. The metroid can't do anything to the Metal Gear because it's a robot. Metroids don't only feed off of energy. They feed off of some mysterious life force inside organic beings.
The Metal Gear also can't do shit to the metroid because it has nothing to freeze it with. People can shout all they want about an ice beam being attached to it, but then they're changing the rules. REX does not have an ice weapon.
>>
metroid cant technically harm rex in any way. unless its a REALLY BIG metroid, like if this image was to scale >>338011890 then the metroid could nibble on rex for a bit, chip a tooth and get bored and wander off to find something it could eat.

rex could harm a metroid and possibly kill it, samus' power bombs can harm a metroid, i think 3 or 4 can kill one in super, and the power bomb was i think explaned once somewhere to have a destructive force of an atomic bomb. i dont know how many atomic bombs rex has with it, but i doubt it could survive a point blank detonation of its own bomb to try to give the metroid an ouchie.

rex could win under very special circumstances.
>>
>>338011890
Can't Sahalantropus or other metal gears just stop/crush metroid? Idk if someone tried this before
>>
File: Phazmet[1].jpg (238 KB, 747x708) Image search: [Google]
Phazmet[1].jpg
238 KB, 747x708
A Zebes strain Metroid probably couldn't be beat. , since REX has no Ice weapony. If they fought on Shadow Moses they might have a chance.

A Tallon strain Metroid could be beat easily, as could Alpha all the way to Queen Metroids, since theyre vulnerable to Missiles. Phazon Metroids could be beat as well, but could also phase right into REX's cockpit and eat the pilot. Hopper Metroids could be beat, but not Metroid Prime, since it could make itself vulnerable only to Ice Weaponry, which again, REX does not have. A Metroid hatcher could feasibly be beat. Hunter Metroids could be beat, but Fission Metoids could split into Ince-vulnerable Metroids, which is an instant win.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.