[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really understand the hype around this game. From
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg?t=1460389388.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1460389388.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
I don't really understand the hype around this game. From what I understand, it's closer to a software experiment than an full fledged game. I get that just exploring is fun for some people, but honestly this seems way too light on gameplay for me. What's curious is that the developers decided to forgo game mechanics that seem like they would be obvious to add depth. Off the top of my head this game is missing

>Base building
>Ship customization
>Social features (Which really could be argued as a design choice I guess? Not one I would agree with though.)
>uses for resources beyond linear upgrades

Am I missing something here? Is there a reason they decided to make a really impressive walking sim?
>>
ok
>>
Well the game isn't out yet

I didnt read your post btw
>>
>>338011729
Typical tripfag can't even into the superior, free space exploration game Space Engine
>>
>>338011729
>I don't really understand the hype around this game
I've never seen anyone actually hype for this game all I've ever seen are people talking about this supposed hype
>>
File: 1436614452400.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1436614452400.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>338011729
>discover unlimited boring shit
you don't see me wandering around the desert dicsovering rocks and other boring shit

this has to be the worst misenterpretation of a fun gameconcept ever
>>
people are desperate for a good space exploration game with actual things to find when exploring.

I don't know if they realize that they'll never find what they want in no man's sky, the game seems to just be entirely about randomly generates stuff with no real story. it seems like nothing more than a sandbox game that people will get bored of after a few hours at most.

but maybe I'm underestimating the game. maybe it has fun gameplay where it lacks in other aspects.
>>
>>338011729
The only hype around this games within the media, every nms thread posted here is about 80% negativity. It's more aimed at 18 year olds who grew up with minecraft and need something new, it will probably sell well regardless of content as some people are intrigued by the idea of exploring a gorillion planets.
>>
I don't get it either, it just feels like a prettier Proteus.

I think most of the hype, as is always the case lately, is just marketing buzz. People see IGN telling them to get hype, and they get hype.
>>
>>338011729
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
I'm not hyped for it, I'm super interested in it.
It's not worth $60, maybe it's worth $40, but I'm still going to get it day one because I love exploration and I want to be the one person I know to bite the bullet, play it, and critic it ebcause none of my other friends who play video games are going to get it.

Also, I liked Proteus, and it's like >>338012117 mentioned.
>>
The gameplay videos are out, No Mans Sky is a game where you get some resources on a planet then upgrade your ship and fly toward the center of the galaxy.

Rinse and repeat that process of gather and upgrade till you get to the center of the galaxy and game is done.

That's all it is. Yes it will be trash.
>>
>>338012035
Right?

A friend at work tried to hype me on this game today and so I decided to check out a few of the dev interviews when I got back.

Every interview was basically the same-
>So what do you actually do in this game?
>Explore
>Ok, anything else?
>Well you can find stuff
>Ok, that's still just exploring, what else?
>You can find resources?
>Cool, what are they used for?
>Exploring
>Moving on, there's combat?
>Yeah, but it's not the focus
>So I can be a space pirate?
>That's probably not a good idea

sounds like fun
>>
people who are excited for this game are too young to remember the disappointment of Spore
>>
>>338012103
Ok, I don't actually visit NMS threads often so thanks for clarifying that. I still don't understand how it's targeted at minecraft fans when they share almost nothing in common.

>>338012056
I completely agree, people are probably getting excited for the same reasons Star Citizen was able to raise so much money. There's clearly an audience that's vocal about what they want, I can't believe more devs haven't been trying to hit that market, and the ones that have haven't been very accurate.

>>338012350
These were my words exactly when my friend tried to hype me up for this game. Spore really did turn me into a cynical person for years.
>>
>>338011729
because you're retarded to get why the game is so much in hype. when you get older you will grow wisdom and undersand kiddo.

>Why is CS so much popular ?
>You only shooting each other and?
> Is CS only a shooting game this sounds so damn boring! anything else to do other than shoot each other?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.