[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a game has a shit fan base, is the game itself also shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: clip+(2016-05-18+at+12.08.06).png (16 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-05-18+at+12.08.06).png
16 KB, 640x480
If a game has a shit fan base, is the game itself also shit?
>>
No.
>>
>>338009478
Yes

Just look at Smash Bros
>>
why are you retarded?
>>
Not inherently, but it speaks for the content of the game in spades.
>>
Any fanbase of any game is going to be shit if you look hard enough. What tends to happen is the anti-fanbase circlejerk ends up being 10x as cancerous as the fanbase itself.
>>
>>338009478
No, but it can make the game worse from the level of an individual's experience with it
>>
No, but if its a multiplayer game it can largely take away from the game, like TF2 or >>338009548
>>
>>338009478
Depends, do I have to interact with the fanbase, like in an online game for example?
>>
File: 1443290540326.gif (759 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1443290540326.gif
759 KB, 320x240
>>338009478
if the post is fucking retarded, is OP itself also retarded?
>>
>>338009478
No but it will make me reluctant to even try out the game if it has a cancerous fanbase.

Then if I end up liking it I won't even admit I'm a fan
>>
>>338009478
Yes

Just look at /v/.
>>
>>338009768
Yes and that makes you retarded too.
>>
Yes

Sometimes, fanbases are so shitty it's impossible to disassociate them from the game (or any other object of interest)
Imagine you're minding your own business when a horde of phillies fans appear and smears their feces all over the place and rape all the cats around, and you think "jesus christ i hate the phillies", and then some faggot goes "NUH UH U CAN'T HATE THEM, JUDGE THEM BASED ON THEIR TEAM ALONE INSTEAD OF THEIR FANS"
>>
not always

if the fanbase is 100% cancer like having real arguments at a time where everyone is supposed to be relaxed or dumbing out then maybe. but it doesn't always reflect the content of a game.
>>
Not always, but a really terrible fanbase can paint a very bad picture for the game itself. People won't be able to look at said game for itself and instead the kind of people who get into it.
>>
>>338010116

... I'd think he has a point, actually.
>>
>>338010336
I don't really care, if the fanbase is horrible it won't stop me from enjoying a game. What does impair my enjoyment is whether or not the developers listen to the fans I don't care for. That would ruin my enthusiasm wholeheartedly.
>>
If a game is shit, is the fan base also shit?

The answer is Yes. Undertale is shit.
>>
>>338010458

Okay.
>>
>>338009478
>game itself also shit
Define "game is shit".
If its name makes you cringe and characters make you want to puke then yes.
If bad gameplay and unplayable then not.
See how easy to think with definitions not memes?
>>
>>338010763
Yeah but like if I do what
>>338010750
did, and just acknowledge your point it doesn't do much of anything but cause more drama on other message boards.
>>
>>338009478

Not necessarily. I think is a correlation between shit games and shit audience, but it's not absolute.
>>
No

League of Legends has a bad community but the game is honestly the best game ever made
>>
>>338009478
by that logic
Einstein is literally the biggest killer in the humanity
>>
>>338009478
no because you just posted the prime example of that statement being false

undertale is an ok game but the fanbase is godawful
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>/v/ says *series have terrible fans
>Naturally popular games have more of these
>/v/ therefore hates popular games

So has there ever been unpopular games with a terrible fans
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.