[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, many of you would call yourselves "Metal Gear fans".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: Metal_Gear_0244.png (12 KB, 544x480) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_0244.png
12 KB, 544x480
So, many of you would call yourselves "Metal Gear fans".

But have you actually beaten the original Metal Gear?
>>
I got really far.
>>
>>338009450
Nope.
>>
Played it, didn't beat it. Wouldn't call myself a fan. Solid was where they series kicked off if you ask me.
>>
File: Booker t.jpg (1 MB, 5585x3745) Image search: [Google]
Booker t.jpg
1 MB, 5585x3745
>>338009450

No, coz it's bad
>>
>>338009450
I beat it. I think it was in preparation for MGSV? Wasn't worth it (FOR MGSV I mean, MG1 is fine)
>>
Metal Gear was actually very similar to the original Zelda, except a bit more linear (though it's still easy to get lost) and with stealth. But some Zelda enemies also react when they "see" you.
>>
It's the only one (Well, and the second MG) I've beaten if I'm being completely honest. I got the collector's edition or whatever it was, played and enjoyed the first two because I was told to play in release order; they were dated but straightforward enough to be fun. MGS, however, just aged terribly, and my interest kind of fizzled after that.
>>
>>338009450
I did beat it, was boring as fuck, Metal Gear 2 is great though, even better than mgs1, actually it feels like a 2D version of mgs1
>>
>>338009450
Yup.

On the NES when it was first released when I was a teen. Next on the MGS3 bonus stuff. Then the MSX version on an emulator just for shits & giggles.

I also bested Snake's Revenge, cart, on my NES as a teen & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (again from MGS3).
>>
Yes. I've beat MG1 and MG2.
>>
File: 30e6675a.jpg (221 KB, 631x873) Image search: [Google]
30e6675a.jpg
221 KB, 631x873
So a lot of people actually beat it.

But... did you use any external help, like walkthroughs and such?
>>
>>338010212
Didn't exist when I beat MGS.
>>
>>338009450
Played only MGS, MGS2, MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, Ghost Babel
>>
>>338009450
Yup, played through the whole series on stream, twice. Even did Euro Extreme for MGS3 (got a lot of game overs though). Even played Ghost Babel.

I will say that in general fun factor, I enjoyed MG2 a lot. Such a delightful game if you've never heard of it or played it. Except for one part thats glitched. Music is god tier in that one.

Ghost Babel feels like a MG2: 2. Probably the hardest metal gear fight in the whole franchise too.

Fuck the cardboard box factory.
>>
File: Metal_Gear_D_specs.png (160 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_D_specs.png
160 KB, 800x600
>>338009450
The original I beat once or twice. Metal Gear 2 however, I lost count. Seriously a great game, and a nice soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYcAVbGuLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNizeud_to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh_HI0Zm5oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOq_HN8Dv5k
>>
Yes, and MG2, several times each. They seem so obscure for games that have now seen rerelease many times and are available in a variety of formats. Like I bet there are tons of people who have played MGS3 who don't even know these games exist.

Metal Gear and I go way back, to the NES. It was one of the first games I had for the system but didn't really understand how to play it. Just wanted a gun and lots of ammo.
>>
>>338009450
Yes
>>
But i did in my smartphone
>>
>>338009450
I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan.
Literally nobody calls himself a "Metal Gear" fan.
>>
>>338014915
People who like the classic games might, you double poofter.

I'm more likely to call myself a Metal Gear fan because there are more games with Metal Gear in the title that I like than games with Solid in the title.
>>
Of course.
I haven't played anything not made by Kojima though. Not even Ghost Babel.
>>
>>338009450
I have beaten every 2D metal gear game
>>
>>338009450
Beat both MSX games, first one's okay, second one is great. Never played the NES games.
>>
File: MetalGearGB.gif (39 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearGB.gif
39 KB, 480x432
>>338016150

You should play Ghost Babel. It's the best 2D Metal Gear game arguably (the only other one that comes close is MG2: Solid Snake), and even if Kojima didn't write it (though he produced it), the plot was written by Tomokazu Fukushima, who many Metal Gear fans consider more important to Metal Gear than Kojima himself.
Anyway play it, it's good.
>>
File: fuckingcoopgames.jpg (288 KB, 1309x1123) Image search: [Google]
fuckingcoopgames.jpg
288 KB, 1309x1123
>>338009450
I did, after playing MGR and getting hyped by the MGSV trailer I decided to buy the legacy collection and play them all in release date order to get ready for V starting with metal gear.

Honestly they were all great fun especially seeing each game was a huge leap forward technically and playing from the very start made you appreciate how far games have come.

That said in the context of metal gear at release it truely was years ahead of itself. I had to remind myself that this complex game came out around the same time I was playing shit like mario brothers and duck hunt on the NES as a kid.
>>
>>338016426
>the plot was written by Tomokazu Fukushima, who many Metal Gear fans consider more important to Metal Gear than Kojima himself.

t. Tomokazu Fukushima autist
>>
>>338016426
>who many Metal Gear fans consider more important to Metal Gear than Kojima himself
ie a tiny contingent of idiots on /v/ who are so butthurt over PW and V that they're determined to prove that Kojima was never actually responsible for anything they like.
>>
>>338010212
Only got stuck on the part you have to blow a hole in the wall in the maze. I knew there was supposed to be a hole in that zone but i didnt know you could knock on the wall to see if it was hollow. I consulted a game guide and felt like an idiot.
>>
>>338016482
>I had to remind myself that this complex game came out around the same time I was playing shit like mario brothers and duck hunt on the NES as a kid.

Metal Gear 1 came out in 1987, after games like The Legend of Zelda. But yeah it's still pretty cool especially how it pioneered(?) stealth in games.
>>
>>338016426
Fukushima MG fags are as bad as Koizumi Zelda fags.
>>
File: MetalGearGBsnake.gif (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearGBsnake.gif
71 KB, 500x500
>>338016556
>>338016558

Well, whatever. Do play Ghost Babel, it's good.
>>
>>338016647
This so hard.
It was a fun meme just like Hideo and Kojima but people actually started believing in it.
>>
>>338009450
dude, are you mental? first two metal gear are short and easy as fuck...
>>
>>338009450
Nope, but I mean to. I just haven't gotten around to putting my full attention on the game.
>>
>>338017843

Am I mental?
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
tfw the original Metal Gear is the only game in the series I've actually completed
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.