[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How powerful is Geralt actually? Having only played the games,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
How powerful is Geralt actually?

Having only played the games, he comes across as a total badass. Playing up how strong a Witcher is compared against a normal human, with gameplay mechanics and playing him against anything but boss monsters feels like playing an unstoppable killing machine (when you've got some levels of course). It's great.

But looking into the books a little, I see he seems to get beaten around fairly regularly and I wonder if the games might be overselling him a little comparatively.

Ex. Vilgefortz, a Sorcerer, beat him without using magic.

As far as I understand it, he's just a regular guy without magic. Yet he kicked Geralt about with a staff and only lost to him later because of Regis, seems a little strange he's able to overpower a guy that's meant to be effectively a superhuman.
>>
i only played the games as well but isnt he part of a prophecy/chosen one type thing? that shit automatically makes any character able to overcome anything
>>
Goku van beathim
>>
I found bullshit that he could beat a high vampire like it was nothing in the game. Those motherfuckers are final boss tier in the lore, in the books and supposedly in the games too, but nope, he just best him like that.
>>
A witcher's primary strengths are speed, endurance and prepartion. Geralt isn't much stronger than a normal human and is weaker than any big thug. He's reflexes are superior to every thing par vampires. Anything that doesnt outright kill him he will recover from.
>>
There is a disconnect between gameplay and how stronk geralt is.
IIRC there's a fight early on with some bandits in witcher 2 that Geralt describes as a tense fight but in gameplay it's a piece of piss.
Lorewise Geralt is winning by the skin of his teeth most of the time.
>>
>>338009145
He is not really powerful, he is like batman in that sense - normal human but faster, can withstand potions that make him stronger. That's all. Compared to normal humans he is fast but not stronger without potions.
>>
>>338009457
>isnt he part of a prophecy/chosen one type thing?
Not really. Cirilla is, and Geralt's fate is "bound" to Ciri's in some obliquely-mentioned way. Geralt just has extra cool special snowflake white hair due to some deviations in the implementation of the Trial of the Grasses
>>
File: 1440005346611.png (432 KB, 610x885) Image search: [Google]
1440005346611.png
432 KB, 610x885
>>338009457
Thats Ciri genius.
Geralt's mutations does marginally make him stronger, faster than most humans. When it comes down to it what really shines is his ability with the sword, he is a very skilled fighter, its what sets him apart. Of course Witcher potions and signs are a plus but, he is not invincible, he has never been so.
>>
Is Geralt the cutest character in the games?

>I hate dublets!
>>
>>338009457
>prophecy/chosen one type thing?
no, for Ciri he is a side character, we played whole game as NPC tier character, he is same in the books
Like the dude that died in first lotr movie, except geralt didn't die
>>
I would let geralt impregnate me desu
Would my son be as strong as him with mutation compatibility or that stuff is not genetically inherited?
>>
>>338010279
Witchers are sterile
>>
>>338010279
he's sterile
>>
File: 1399967449394.png (34 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1399967449394.png
34 KB, 160x160
>>338010343
>>338010359
>My hopes and dreams : gone
>>
File: 1452430721430.jpg (695 KB, 1920x2158) Image search: [Google]
1452430721430.jpg
695 KB, 1920x2158
>>338009595
Here I g with batman vs superman analogy in that
cartoon where batman is old and staged his death.
tools>pure power

Vampires also have weaknesses, not everyone is Regis tier omnipowerfull plus there is handful of them with such power. In games we fight sort of high vampires, but not really, codex says they are not that old compared to real deal. Except couple.
It's like hiena and wolf sort of same family but hiena is twice as big and scary.
>>
isn't Vilgefortz literally the most OP "normal person" (counting witchers and sorcerers, not counting ciri or wild hunt level ain seidhe elves)

Geralt is a little stronger than the other witchers because he was able to handle slightly more mutations (hence the white hair)

however anyone near his level with better instinct or strategy can push his shit in (Letho first encounter)
>>
>>338009145
He absolutely has the AAA protag treatment in the games. Geralt is James Bond-tier strong, otherwise. Dependent on potions and weaponry to get him through most shit.

In the books he's a bit of a nonchalant candyass, but that gives him charisma. When the games try to lay it on, they usually fail.
>>
>>338010828

What makes him so OP?
>>
>>338010828
This.
Vilgy is the most powerful human being in the Witcherverse next to Philippa, an ex-soldier, and this staff he used to combat Geralt was most likely magical as well.
>>
>>338009145
In the books they only completely outclass humans when they're high as fucking kites on several potions, which only they can do because of their high toxin resistance.

In the videogames it's just 'lel I right click'
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.