[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF1: A group of adventurers restore the power of four elemental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: truth.jpg (431 KB, 1287x964) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
431 KB, 1287x964
FF1: A group of adventurers restore the power of four elemental orbs which calms and heals a once chaotic and dying world, and close an infinite time loop.

FF2: Survivors of an Imperial attack join a resistance movement and eventually kill the Emperor. Not accepting defeat, the dead Emperor wages war on Hell and returns to the mortal coil as the King of Darkness.

FF3: A group of youths chosen by crystals must work with a paralell dimension to balance the forces of Light and Dark before both are destroyed.

FF4: A conflicted knight and his entourage uncover a conspiracy to steal the world's crystals and discover an ancient civilization on the moon.

FF5: A world is temporally split to seal an ancient evil who plans to reduce everything to non-existence, a group of adventurers untangle the dimensions and restore the world to it's true form.

FF6: A meglomaniacal psychopath throws the balance of magic out of place, scars the planet, and forces a resistance group to destroy the source of all magic.

FF7: An eco-terrorist group tracks the spectre of a former elite soldier who's mother is an ancient space alien that intends to absorb the 'blood' of the
planet by summoning a giant meteor to threaten it.

FF8: A powerful sorceress attempts to cheat fate by compressing time into one moment using the unique abilities of a girl who can project people into the past,
and is subsequently killed by a group of child soldiers who only became soldiers because of her actions.

FF9: A spirit tree created to process alien souls is implanted to prevent rebirth of a planet's souls. A pair of grim reapers from outer space are the custodians, but one of the reapers doesn't know it, everyone has an existential crisis.

FF10: A dream manifests as a blond fuccboi and ecourages a spiritual mortician to end a cycle of perpetual violence on the world.
>>
>>338006813
Stale pasta can sometimes taste okay I guess.
>>
>>338006871
stale pasta doesn't stick to the wall, though
>>
I could have taken FFX more seriously if the character designs had been just a little less stupid. Spira's a goddamn fashion crime against humanity.
>>
FF12: A street urchin and his friend tag along with a pair of sky pirates who uncover a massive conspiracy involving the land's princess and her retainer getting screwed out of everything by her retainer's twin brother, who was just working for a noble with a whole lot of bullshit in between, I can't remember every detail
>>
>>338006813
i don't get what the purpose of this post is
i think it's trying to point out the increasing absurdity of FF plots? but all the descriptions of the later entries sound awesome and the original ones sound generic
i guess it could be trying to point out that they're all crap?
i don't know
>>
FF11: A mercenary picking up work from their local government ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time one too many times and uncovers some fucked up truths about the world's origin, an ancient conspiracy to return the world to its true form, the side effects of an autistic goddess being unable to accept the inevitability of her husbando's death, and parallel universe fuckery
>>
>>338008896
This is what I thought about 9. It was a good game, but it was a good game with dumb characters.
>>
>>338006813
FF15: An exiled prince and his comrades take to the roads after their kingdom was decimated, the prince's father assassinated and his Crystal seized, in exile they journey around the world seeking the aid of the Astral summons in order to reclaim their kingdom, retaliate against their enemies and the prince take back his birthright all the while a plague threatens the dying world by plunging it into a perpetual night.
>>
File: original character do not steal.png (224 KB, 1200x904) Image search: [Google]
original character do not steal.png
224 KB, 1200x904
>>338011141
>perpetual night
>>
File: gamescom_noctisregis.jpg (145 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
gamescom_noctisregis.jpg
145 KB, 849x1200
>>338011645
Yes? It's the same deal as FF1 plague and the royal family are weapon summoners.
>>
FF10 was so close to actually having a great story. It had probably the best cast of characters out of all of the games, they all stayed plot-relevant til the end and interacted with eachother where all of the games leading up to 10 you had purposeless side characters hanging around and the protagonist or in the case of 6, a crowd of purposeless characters hanging around and no protagonist.
Spira was also the best setting, so there was a lot to work with, a huge scale simple story was all they really needed and they had it but then they threw in a wacky twist to make the 6-9 fans happy, it just convuluted the story and made you give no shits by the end. There were no hints to the twist coming, we should have been given more earlier for it to be coherent or not include it at all

XV will be GOAT
>>
>>338006813
This is pasta? I don't recognize it but whatever
>FF10: A dream of a lost civilization manifests itself after a world-renown terror deposits it in the far future, where the dream prevents the routine slaughter of innocent priests and priestesses by killing the terror which actually had been his own father. Along the way he and the priestess fall in love, and so after the world is rid of the terror, the priestess fights to be reunited with the dream.

Doesn't sound too bad.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.