[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ like this game? Need a reason to use my Wii U since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: xenobladechroniclespoop.jpg (64 KB, 610x354) Image search: [Google]
xenobladechroniclespoop.jpg
64 KB, 610x354
Does /v/ like this game?

Need a reason to use my Wii U since it's not on the eShop.
>>
>>338002357
>it's not on the eShop.
it is tho
>>
File: WHY.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>338002419
God dammit I messed up my own thread.
I meant since it is on the eShop.
FUCK
>>
>>338002357
Good game
If you have a decent pc you could always emulate

Now get out before spoilers

I was really upset when someone spoiled the pollen orb quest line
>>
>>338002847
Ok thanks!
I'm just going to buy it now. I need a new world to dive into.
Should I delete thread now
>>
Just finished this game. Played it for over 100 hours with quests and affinity and superbosses.

Enjoyed the fuck out of it. A beautiful and fun game!
>>
>>338003594
wooow. so any beginner tips? i'm excited!
>>
>>338002357
It's a good game with poor writing. Don't bother finishing it though it drags on a couple of dozen hours longer than it should.
>>
>>338003764

Learn to craft higher level gems

You CAN beat higher leveled enemies with a good strategy, high agility, and topple-locking

Change out your party when you can so everyone gets higher affinity with each other, and do better in battles with bonuses
>>
>>338003764
Don't use AI shulk
Don't use AI melia
Accept as many sidequests as possible and don't put effort into completing them because you'll complete most of them as you go through the story
Ditch sharla once you get riki or melia
Level up your arts every two hours or so
Do your collectopedia every few hours
Don't get rid of collectables or materials if you want to do the colony 6 sidequest
Take a moment to take in the atmosphere and music of the game as it's the best you'll get in a video game
>>
>>338004289
Oh, and switch out party members every now and then to keep the game fresh
>>
>>338002357
Its a good game but FUCK the part I'm at. God dammit I don't even want to finish at this point.

Its all the floors coming up from the fallen arm
>>
Don't bother doing sidequests unless they have a stopwatch icon next to the name or you're under-leveled. The ones that aren't to kill a certain number of a monster, killing a specific unique monster or collecting items are pretty tedious.
>>
>>338002357
Yeah OP, it's great.
The combat gets a little getting used to (I didn't really get the hang of things until after the first boss) but other than that the game's excellent and has one of the most solid RPG party I've ever had the pleasure to play as.

Fucking amazing soundtrack, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uo6k0EGh_E
>>
>>338004289

>Colony 6 sidequest

>A big quest where you need lots of money and plenty of uncommon materials
>Doesn't have it's own quest in the log so you have to look it up online

But why.
>>
>>338004639
I know exactly how you feel I've lost my steam at the Mechonis Factory. I went back to fucking around in X when I got to the factory.
>>
>>338004639
Yeah, Mechonis as a whole is pretty bland and repetitive in terms of design and enemy variety, and the topple spike named monsters are REALLY annoying.
Dat OST though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18uJPvyID_Q
>>
>>338004858

Is there even a way to know which enemies have the spike effect or even which kind just by looking at them? It catches me off guard sometimes.
>>
File: ArrVaTq.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ArrVaTq.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
I've only played the first ~20 hours or so (roommate had the game and moved out, too lazy to pirate cause I've got plenty of other games) but I was really enjoying it. The storyline and world are interesting, and the gameplay gets a lot more interesting once you've got more than three party members. Remember that you can play as every party member who is not Shulk- it helps change up the pace to play as Reyn for a few hours, etc.

The only thing I could really come up with to detract this game is that the gameplay is a bit boring at the beginning when you can't do too much, and the models look pretty bad on close-ups (but this game is more about long distance shots than close-ups and I think its an appropriate trade-off).

I hope pic related has a worldmap as interesting as this game does. It won't
>>
File: 1458325780997.png (2 MB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
1458325780997.png
2 MB, 1344x756
>>338005378
IIRC some sources say Aonuma asked Monolith for help with world design on Zelda U, so there's still hope. If there's one thing Monolith is good at, it's design fantasy worlds that are a fucking blast to explore.

I still don't have any hope in the dungeon/puzzle designs and item uses, though. I've been burned twice by TP and SS, my hype meter for a new 3D Zelda is at 0.
>>
Can't wait until there is a viable WiiU emulator.
.I really don't want to buy the console for a handful of games, but if I could play them on my PC maxed out like I do for Wii titles, I would. Hell, if N would simply release their games for PC and Android on the mobile side, it would be ideal
>>
>>338002357
Yeah everyone on /v/ with taste loves Xenoblade.

I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers. but if anyone mentions Zanzibar or Fidora I'd clear out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.