[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It feels like a castlevania game pretending to be a souls game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: sas.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
sas.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
It feels like a castlevania game pretending to be a souls game pretending to be a castlevania game.
>>
Ok but is it fun?
>>
>>338000837
>>338000919
I'm having a lot of fun with it. My only complaint so far is that the controls feel sluggish. I think the animations are to blame.
>>
>>338000919
Solid 7/10.
>>
>>338000837
isnt that what it's made to be
>>
>>338000992
>>338001032
Might give it a shot, thanks Anons.
>>
Souls is just 3D Castlevania

S&S is just a 2D 3D Castlevania
>>
File: 1459480359764.jpg (298 KB, 1920x960) Image search: [Google]
1459480359764.jpg
298 KB, 1920x960
>>338000919
I think it's fun, though I don't have much motivation for a new game or NG+.

Also, dunno if they fixed it, but Magic completely breaks the game beyond any possible hope of repair.
>>
Dark souls meets Castlevania + artificial difficulty

It's really fun tho
>>
>>338002069
That looks really fucking neat. I saw this game before, but I didn't know how big it was. The map looks fairly large, I'm assuming the clear time is more than five hours at least?
>>
File: 8969868968969.jpg (75 KB, 799x999) Image search: [Google]
8969868968969.jpg
75 KB, 799x999
>>338003416
Yeah, it's pretty freaking huge.

You'll definitely get more than five hours out of it. Definitely. Local co-op is a nice touch too, at least for the PS4 version.
>>
>>338003747
Just purchased it, downloading now. Thanks anon
>>
I didn't finish it but I enjoyed it a lot, maybe I will finish it at some point
>>
>try this
>literally dark souls in 2D
>not even attempting to hide it or be coy about it

Jesus fucking christ and i though rap had a problem with biters
>>
>>338002116
>artificial difficulty meets artificial difficulty
?
>>
Yeah, I felt similarly about shovel knight.
Both are shit.
>>
>>338000837
Can you parry in this game? if so how?
>>
>pirate it before I buy
>really enjoying it
>people on /v/ seem to hate it or some shit
>others really like it
I didnt think the game would be that polarizing. the only problem I have is the art style and in some parts how washed out it seems. I know that is kinda " the point" but not even DaS was really washed out in any area.
>>
>>338005572
Block + Attack. It's literally like the third thing the game tells you after you get your shit stomped on the boat.
>>
>>338005583
I don't man, I sorta dig it. At some point the dark areas are EXTREMELY well done in terms of "Oh there's an item just off screen" but pulls a fast one on you. I think it uses it well, but I'll agree there are some areas that are a bit too washed out.
>>
>>338005583
/v/ is full of souls autists
What do you think their first reaction is when they see a 2D game heavily inspired by their source of reason to live?
>>
>>338005834
That's the thing, I love the souls series too. The only game I found that took heavily from the series and did it worse was Lords of the Fallen. I just can't get into that game, worst 10 dollars I spent
>>
Why should I play this instead of an Igavania?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.