[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMORPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: worf.jpg (56 KB, 905x787) Image search: [Google]
worf.jpg
56 KB, 905x787
Would you play an MMORPG that was based upon pre-warp Klingon society?
>>
>>338000737
Only if it had a real, thriving economy and was as complicated as Eve Online.

It has to have a built in idiot filter or I won't play it.
>>
>>338000889
Yeah, I never want to play another WoW clone ever again. New mechanics, playstyles, and having a player-driven sandbox instead of a
quest-driven game matter a whole lot more to me than the setting when deciding to pick up another MMO.
>>
No. No more MMORPGs period. Just make a single player game about going through Starfleet Academy. But not shit like the actual Starfleet Academy game we got.

Then make another game similar to Galactic Civilization. But set in the Alpha Quadrant and based on Star Trek races.
>>
File: walk away dismissively.png (205 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
walk away dismissively.png
205 KB, 501x445
>>338000737
>MMORPG

never, all MMORPGs are trash, the only reason people played them was because of the size and novelty of being in the same place with a ton of people while ignoring the shit gameplay and shit quests.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>338000737
>pre-warp Klingon society?

What was it like OP? Haven't seen much Star Trek.
>>
>>338002568

Think Feudal clan warfare in Asia. But with 'honor' shoved in everywhere.
>>
>>338002568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXnzstpBEOg
>>
>>338003174

>But with 'honor' shoved in everywhere.

So, just like Warfare in Ancient China and Japan?
>>
>>338000737
DS9 redeemed Worf
>>
>>338000889
>It has to have a built in idiot filter or I won't play it.
Honestly, if it's not the movie reboots, Trek's a huge turn off to casuals. It's difficult to get them to watch TNG and Patrick Stewart's a meme actor.
>>
>>338005431
>It's difficult to get them to watch TNG

You didn't start them at season 1, did you?
>>
>>338007131
Only Encounter at Farpoint and the second Q episode. Told him to skip everything else and jump to season 2.
>>
>>338007131

Not that guy, but I had my friend watch a few key episodes of TOS, and then the first six movies. That worked pretty good. While my sister spent years not really caring about Star Trek. Then out of nowhere, she binged the whole thing on netflix in about two weeks. But I think she only did it because she likes anything with a British actor in it.
>>
>>338007131
>>338007451

>skipping a whole season of TNG
Get out. I mean, I could see maybe skipping Sub Rosa. But an entire season? Fuck you guys. You have to take the shitty sludge monster and PMS doctors along with all the good parts.
>>
>>338007694
Well the thing is you can pretty much skip season 1 because Gene was blitzed the fuck out while writing the majority of it, hence the shitty sludge monster.

Even the second Q episode is a bit much but it kind of comes up later between Riker and Q. TNG didn't really pick up until the Borg came in and the episodes focused more on character arcs.
>>
>>338000737
>Would you play an MMORPG that was based upon pre-warp Klingon society?
No.
>Would you play an VIDEO GAME that was based upon pre-warp Klingon society?
Yeah. But I'd prefer to be hopping planets and conquering shit. I'm not sure what you could do with a bat'leth simulator about Klingons getting into barfights.
>>
>>338007870

Events in season 1 are constantly referenced in later seasons. Especially the death of Tasha, which basically leads to two major stories in later seasons. But also just a lot of character introductions. And you kind of need to see when TNG was a true episodic show to get why later seasons were so much better.
>>
>>338000737
>Klingon
no i dont like niggers
>>
>>338012276

They're Mongolians dummy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.