[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /v/... I only have enough for one Which do I choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: memes.jpg (972 KB, 2140x1496) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
972 KB, 2140x1496
Help me /v/...
I only have enough for one

Which do I choose?
>>
If you have friends that are gonna be playing overwatch regularly then get that. If no friends then Doom. Just keep in mind Doom multiplayer sucks
>>
>>337996905
Doom is actually worth the money, Overwatch should be $20 at most
>>
>>337997175
I guess this kind of decides it for me then...
I really want to play Overwatch but I played the beta and it definitely feels like what was in it doesn't justify the price at all
>>
Overwatch is a free 2 play game that got a price tag slapped on it. It doesn't feel like a complete game is what I'm trying to say. Get DOOM now and get Overwatch later(when it's finished with all of the extra DLC patched in).
>>
Save your money, play old games.

You're welcome.
>>
>>337997572
Save your money, get a new hobby.
>>
>>337997572
second the modern games market is just wannabe viral marketing trash for the most part
>>
You pay 40 bucks and get content by actually playing the game. Also includes all future DLC.

Im willing to bet Doom will not have the same lifespan as OW... but honestly they're both good and it should come to personal taste.
>>
overwatch will probably last longer in regards to multiplayer, since it's multiplayer only.
Doom is a great single player experience though, I wouldn't spend $60 on it though, I felt it was totally worth the $20 I got it for though.
>>
>>337996905
if you only have enough money for one, then save your money for games that are sale

humble store's got a sale going on right now, actually
>>
>>337996905
sell your boipucci for a night and get both
>>
>>337997961
this

You can get OW for 40 bucks and have a long lasting multiplayer game, or get DOOM for 60 bucks and have a solid single player game with decent replayability and an absolute shitshow of a multiplayer mode tacked on. Seems kind of obvious to me.

Also, Bethesda games have a track record of going on turbo sale later down the road; I think I got the new Wolfenstein game for five bucks only a few months after it came out. DOOM's great and all, but if all you care about is the single player - and that's all you really should care about - it'll be there waiting for you when it goes on sale. Being a part of the multiplayer scene as it develops in Overwatch is something that you won't be able to pick up later as easily.
>>
buy overwatch
pirate doom
>>
A) SAVE MONEY
>>
>>337996905
Doom.

Overwatch will become F2P eventually.
>>
Doom for campaign
Overwatch for multiplayer
>>
>>337996905
>Heaven or Hell
Waifuwatch no questions asked.
>>
>>337996905
Neither. What's wrong with you? Do you just buy whatever advertisers tell you to? If a game company took a shit in a box and shilled it here, would you fork over $60 for that, too? Try getting an actually good game instead of just a hyped one.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.