[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on ff xiii? >:(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
Thoughts on ff xiii?
>:(
>>
>>337993776
I love Lightning.
>>
Fuck the game, post more Lightning
>>
I only played the first and I want a XIII Collection Remastered for PS4 so I can play them.
I had a fucking Xbox 360 during the time when XIII was released.
>>
Individually, I felt each one was a fun play through. Put all 3 parts into one and that's a heartbreaking series. Still my favorite.
>>
>>337993776
>bitutus farming for 5 hours now

its not fun
>>
It's so boring.
>>
>>337993776
Shit cosplay, she's too shapely.
>>
XIII-2>>LR>>>>>>>XIII
>>
>>337993776
FFXIII was alright.
>>
FFXIII-1 has no value or redeeming factors, but I hate VIII more nevertheless.
>>
>>337993776
Lightning is XIII/10, FFXIII is okay I guess.
>>
Is it worth the story
>>
>>337996495
80% of the story is the main characters complaining about the writing.

I'm not joking.
>>
>>337996947
Wait, the characters are from /v/?
>>
Lightning?
>>
>>337994523
You still have a 360?
Get Lost Odyssey
>>
File: Lightning.webm (783 KB, 412x282) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.webm
783 KB, 412x282
Lightning is the best girl.
>>
>>337999198
indeed, she saved me before.
>>
>>337993776
It was okay, but the last dungeon was pure torture.
>>
>>337993776
The story was like hallmark channel and syfy made a tv movie together, really stupid. Still like the battle system though, and the environments really were beautiful. The game looked a lot prettier and more visually compelling than pretty much everything I've seen of XV so far.
>>
>>338000018
>Tried the demo a couple days ago
>started the mission where you kill all the wooly elephant looking things
>Soldier dudes keep spawning on top of me
>take too long and shadow beasts come
>continue trying to beat the mission
>end up in a desperate struggle to not die
>Game keeps telling me to open the menu and return to camp
>Menu is disabled in combat

I do not have high hopes for XV,
>>
>>338000668
To me it's more just the open world. People like to piss and moan about set pieces and linearity but that's how you make a game look beautiful, and a mediocre looking FF just doesn't fit the bill.
>>
I enjoyed XIII. Hated Gran Pulse though, it was too slow and plodding.

Loved XIII-2.

Still working my way through Lightning Returns.
>>
Can we all agree LR was the best out of the trilogy?
>>
>>337993776
Why are you mad?
>>
>>338002248
cause Lightning rejected him
>>
>>338002053
That's a funny way to spell worst.
>>
>>337999198
sauce boss
>>
File: 1449632314179.png (227 KB, 411x420) Image search: [Google]
1449632314179.png
227 KB, 411x420
>>338002662
My dreams
>>
>>338003528
will never come true ;-;
>>
So where are the Lightning armpits?
>>
>>338001360
ff xv should've been a mix,some open world areas but some linear ones too.
I would've believed that the open world was good if they had been crafting it for the past 10 years, but we all know the project must've been restarted from scratch many times over that period.
>>
>>338000018
>The game looked a lot prettier and more visually compelling than pretty much everything I've seen of XV so far.
Well they did say the earlier parts of the game would look more grounded and realistic compared to later on and we haven't seen too much of it so far, and even then most of it's just been little bits and pieces in trailers.

>>338005395
>ff xv should've been a mix,some open world areas but some linear ones too.
Supposedly it is going to be that. The open world won't be like GTA or Skyrim where you can go anywhere you want.
>>
Lightning is the embodiment of boredom and lack of charisma of any sort.
>>
>>338006409
So she's every FF protag?
>>
>>338005775
>Supposedly it is going to be that. The open world won't be like GTA or Skyrim where you can go anywhere you want.
that sounds a bit comforting.
I'm hoping it's along the lines of something like uncharted or tlou but with a few big open areas to simulate the world map
>>
>>337993776
Could someone quicky summarize what exactly happened ? Like what the fuck is falcie and Lacie ? I've always been confused and couldn't play the game past 2 hours in PlayStation Now, i just can't man.
>>
>>337994376
When will Cloud and Lightning be in the same game? They need to hook up.
>>
>>337993776
Playing through it currently and i'm about 23 hours in. Its ok. Gets kind of boring at times and the story isnt that great but the battle system is pretty fun, the music is good, and its got really great graphics.
>>
>>338006815
Here goes. Initial bump.
>>
>>338006590
At least Tidus is funny and upbeat.
>>
>>338008484
So is zidane and bartz.
>>
>>337993776
:/
>>
>>338006815
Here you go
http://pastebin.com/EYijEs4z
>>
>>337993776
I liked the combat system so much that it carried me through the whole game. I actually bought the game day one but I knew what I was getting into myself so I wasn't disappointed by the linearity etc.
>>
>>338008378
>>338006815
Play or watch FF XIII-2, it has a beginners primer that explains the batshit story
>>
>>338006815
A long time ago, two gods waged war on each other. One of them took up a huge chunk of the planet and created his own floating planet called Cocoon, which waged war with the surface below. However, this fighting was harmful to the planet and so the two gods left the mortal realm into the unseen realm. They left behind fal'cies and humans. Fal'cies are mechanical gods. They posses vast power but have no free will and exists only to follow their specific task. In order to accomplish things outside of their abilities, they can brand humans into l'cies, imbuing them with powers in order to accomplish the task that fal'cie has set for them, their focus. If they fail to fufill their focus in a certain amount of time, they turn into c'ieths, monstrous beings who shambles about with no conscience and attacks everything in sight.If they succeed, they turn into crystal to sleep an eternal sleep. However, the fal'cies resented the humans for possessing the one thing they lacked: free will. They wished to escape from the mortal realm to reunite with their makers. It is said that when a human dies, their spirit passes through the door into the unseen realm. Thus, the fal'cie Barthandelus sets a plan into motion to destroy Cocoon, for surely a billion deaths would cause the door into the unseen realm to open long enough for the fal'cies to pass through as well.
>>
>>338008703
I think its one of the best combat system in the series. There's no real way to cheese it and there's a clear distinction between people who's mastered it and those who haven't.
>>
XIII games relayed to heavily on its books to explain plot holes in the story and the summarization paragraphs included in the games didn't do the story much justice due to how it show a lot of charcter growth and depth, but if you actually sit down and read the book while playing the games it actually is pretty good assuming you have the time to read them
>>
>>338009308
When will this meme die?
>>
>>338009308
*edit*it did not show alot of character development from the books in the games plot summarises of what happened in the books
>>
>>338009308
I don't see the problem in reading
This isn't a movie we're talking about
>>
File: Emma Roberts.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Emma Roberts.gif
3 MB, 200x200
>>337993776
I enjoyed it, though the endgame is a really pointless grindfest.
>mfw seeing Army of One for the first time
Haven't played the sequels yet, but they're already installed on Steam so it's just a matter of working through the backlog.
>>
>>338009421
What meme? He's talking about actual books, not the datalogs.
>>
File: 1447287059583.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447287059583.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>338004431
>>
>>337993776
It was a nice movie
>>
>>338009024
The whole game makes so much sense now.
>>
>>338009809
The problem is that SE should have included some of the parts of the story of the books into the game instead of putting it into datalogs like have a cutscene where they properly introduced you into the world by explaining what and how the world came to be, and when it tries to explain stuff like the cieth, l'cie, fal'ce, are it just throws it at you by having characters say "oh look I'm a l'cie now and now I'm an enemy of cocoon" without explaining until very late into the game that the're two types of l'cie one made from cocoon fal'cie and one from pulse fal'cie as well as the fact that they didn't show alot of what a fal'cie does until way later by around the last three or four chapters. Also the "maker" term was poorly made and used poorly as it could describe the first pulse fal'cie, the first cocoon fal'cie, or their creator the god who made them both, or the god's mother whom he killed and sent the fal'cie to go looking for her after she went to the that one world kind of like the after life because the god's mother told him that because of killing her and sending her to the after life the world will die, also it could in some cases refer to etro since she it just like the other two original fal'cie but with no powers
>>
>>338013337
I liked it
I'm putting a ton of extra effort and interest in the story and lore, I better damn well get a ton of extra stuff
Besides, it's the 21st century, anyone with an internet connection can read them
Many Jap games do it and I love getting much more insight into the world
>>
>>338013959
I it too, alot actually but its just that they should included more lore into the game, pace the lore more slowly so people can have a better understanding of the world of ffxiii, as well as translate it themselfs because that whole thing I explained was a part of a cuscene on SE's website that was in Japanese and has still not been translated officially as well as the books but thankfully fans have translated it and even though it took forever I'm glad that the story is complete.
>>
>buy FF13 on release
>internet buddy gets it at the same time
>we race to finish it, giving each other helps and tips along the way
>both clearly have kind of a good time and enjoy the game to some extent

>now, years later, whenever we talk about the game, he trashes it as though it has no redeeming features

what happened, /v/?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.