[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's ok when sony does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: okwhensonydoesit.jpg (184 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
okwhensonydoesit.jpg
184 KB, 1000x1000
>It's ok when sony does it
>>
>>337987920

Sony didn't even do it yet though.
>>
Have you fucking seen the shitposting related rumors surrounding PS4K?
>>
What are you trying to say here? it's okay when either do it?

because I don't remember anyone having an issue from the new 3DS save for a handful of shitposters

sony also hasn't done it yet, for all you know they may just have been planning it (which sparked the rumors) and decided to not go with it after getting feedback from devs
>>
>>337987920
dont forget they did it with the psp as well
>>
>>337988783
What?
>>
>>337988260
>because I don't remember anyone having an issue from the new 3DS save for a handful of shitposters
then you're retarded
>>
Probably because many have yet to buy a PS4 and this is just icing on the eventual cake for them.
>>
There's a lot of things Sony has done worse than Nintendo. Like removing backwards compatibility in their systems. But since PS4 is outselling everything else, they have no financial incentive to change. While Nintendo's next system will probably be much better than the Wii U, since their back is against the wall.
>>
>>337989430
Later PSP models had slightly faster processor and more Ram I believe. There was also the PSP Go which was basically almost a new handheld.

Actually come to think of it hardware upgrades aren't that rare, the GBC was almost a "New Gameboy". Then the GBA SP was a big fuck you to the buyers of the original GBA. Sega experimented with hardware upgrades in the most jewish way, selling add-ons. N64 had Ram pack too.

Then there is the usual minor hardware revisions that sometime speed up the console and improve fiability.

What is the difference between an upgrade and trying to fuck consumers? Was the N3DS really that bad? The 3DS didn't magically stop to exist and the games that actually take advantage of it are very rare. Those who bought in later had a new product more up to date, those who adopted earlier had still their console the same as before.
>>
>>337988205
This, a lot of sonyggers are mad about this, sony is on top so they're going to take advantage of that by fucking over their fanbase that willingly spread their asscheeks for anything sony does
>>
>>337990727

>There was also the PSP Go which was basically almost a new handheld.
Which was a response to the Nintendo DSi.
>>
>>337990509
>There's a lot of things Sony has done worse than Nintendo. Like removing backwards compatibility in their systems.

The only Sony console that doesn't has backwards compatibility is the fucking PS4. And it's justified because that's fucking expensive to implement considering the hardware that was in the PS3.
>>
>>337991184
>doesn't has
*has no

Oh boy time to go to sleep.
>>
>>337991184

>The only Sony console that doesn't has backwards compatibility is the fucking PS4.
And any PS3 after the first generation release which removed PS2 support. But not really because they later started releasing PS2 games on PSN, which are playable on the PS3.

In other words, Sony removed backwards compatibility for the PS2 in order to sell the same games again. Though you could still play PS1 games. When it came to the PS4, they even removed backwards compatibility for PS1 as well.

More shekels for Sony.
>>
File: ntsa.jpg (50 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
ntsa.jpg
50 KB, 750x563
>>337987920
>>
File: 23.png (142 KB, 625x390) Image search: [Google]
23.png
142 KB, 625x390
>>337991591
>>
>>337991460

He meant "doesn't have" so fuck off with your non sequitur.
>>
>>337987920
At least people have a resaon to buy the new 3ds. The one game that requires it is arguably pretty good and gives you literally hundreds of hours.

There is no reason to buy a neo however.
>>
>>337991569
>But not really because they later started releasing PS2 games on PSN, which are playable on the PS3.
Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't sony cut down retro-compatibility because it was dragging the price up and $599 was a disaster at the time? If I remember correctly it used to have some of the PS2 components on the motherboard.

They released PS2 games on PSN because it was a feature they had to implement differently depending of the game. If it was still disk based 3/4th of the games wouldn't be working properly.

Here's something to consider though: was lack of full PS2 support really that bad? Chances are if you have PS2 disks you already have a PS2.

Also NES, SNES, N64 and GC had no backwards compatibility, the only reason Wii had it was because it was a literal Game Cube.

>When it came to the PS4, they even removed backwards compatibility for PS1 as well.
It does suck indeed but I think you're really biased agains sony here. PS1 support wasn't a priority so it's left out for now. There is no reason to not implement it since it's almost free money and I'm pretty sure they are considering it.

You are under the wrong impression that there are super evil companies just trying to fuck you, sometimes there's is much more going on. Nintendo dropped GBC and GBA backwards compatibility for their handhelds because it wasn't worth implementing anymore not to sell you overpriced Roms.
>>
>>337992971

Even in the early days of the PS3, you could buy a brand new PS2 for less than $100. So their excuse that incorperating PS2 hardware into the system was causing it to cost $200 more is just a really bad excuse. What made the system cost so much was the billions of dollars put into developing CELL. Over time, the cost of hardware went down, but the R&D costs were still making the system eat into their profits.

All said and done, PS2 backwards compatibility wasn't the thing making the PS3 expensive. If it was, then they would have removed PS1 compatibility too.
>>
>>337987920
No its not, I'm still angry we need to py to get multiplayer, I hope that ps4k blows in sony's face
>>
>>337987920
consoles have been doing this since at least the NES why does everyone act like its a huge thing now?
>>
>>337994851
Because it's not a brand new console generation nor is it fixing any problems. It's just more cpu/gpu power.

A bandaid so games "run better" because devs have become lazy at optimization. New3DS at least made an atempt to fix the crappy 3D and add in hardware fixes like the (sorta bad) thumb stick.
>>
File: 1463371694656.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1463371694656.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>337988260
>because I don't remember anyone having an issue from the new 3DS save for a handful of shitposters
>>
>>337987920
top one has an exclusive game
bottom one isn't allowed to have exclusive games

its all about the policy surrounding your hardware revisions - not the revisions themselves.
>>
>>337992778
Which is why the Neo situation is better in my opinion.
I have an o3DS, don't want to buy a new one, which means I miss out on certain things and Hyrule Warriors 3DS plays even more ass than usual.
>>
It's not OK. Thank you for that shitty trend, Ninty. We already have to thank Micropenis for the paid online.

I'm thinking in selling my PS4 and build a PC. All i play is western multiplats, anyway. The problem is: who's gonna buy it?.
>>
>>337995795
>bottom one isn't allowed to have exclusive games

Which makes it pointless to not only own but to create. Consoles thrive on exlusives.

You've got to be braindead to think ps4k won't have some exlusive games to entice people to buy it.
>>
but games will never be locked to the new system

it's like buying a new graphics card basically.
>>
>>337995795
it can't have exclusive games in the sense that they won't run on the original ps4

hyrule warriors legends isn't exclusive in the sense that it runs on the original 3DS, but it might as well be considering how horribly it runs
>>
>>337993749
>used hardware costs $100
>new systems of the same brand cost $300
>old hardware that is new off the line implemented into a new system can't possibly cost $200, that's ludicrous.

>PS1 compatibility not able to be done by a Nintendo system at that point

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Go to bed.
>>
>bitching about an optional upgrade

do you get triggered when samsung releases a new phone too?
>>
>>337987920
>doesn't force people to have massively inferior versions of games
>doesn't have games exclusive to it
>sony flat out said it needs to be fair to both users and no content can be restricted to one version

Yes it literally is okay in this case. Nintendo did all the opposite of all of these now kindly fuck yourself OP.
>>
>>337996254
Nintendo already did it nearly 20 years ago with the GBC and the N3DS literally has 2 exclusives.
>>
>>337997883
PS4k will have more graphical effects which is enough for the gaming enthusiasts
>>
>>337987920
the only bad thing about the new ps4 is the better optimization and that advantage will affect multiplayer balance
>>
free bump
>>
>>338000127
>PS4k will have more graphical effects
Source?
>>
Why don't they just put the money into making GAMES.
I can't wait for Last of Us and FFX 4K edition.
>>
console wars have become so meaningless to me since getting a well-paying job
>>
>New 3DS
>released right after the previous model, better internal specs, games are exclusive to it even though it's not a different console
>PS4.5
>not even officially announced almost 3 years after the PS4's initial release, better internal specs, no exclusive games, literally just a way for people who want better performance to get it and for people who don't already have one to get the newest model
How are these things similar, Nintendo baby?
>>
>>337987920
A-OK WHEN THEY DO IT-TIER
>Nintendo

DEFLECTION-TIER
>Sony

100% NOT OK, ROOT OF ALL EVIL-TIER
>Microsoft
>>
>>337987920
No its not. Its never okay, it never ends well.
>DSi
I didn't even want to know what that was about.
>PSP2k,3k,go.
Literally two games I know of used the extra ram, 1k users were stuck with no multiplayer in those games.
>N3ds
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was literally it

These .5 upgrades don't work because the game developers would rather not leave out potential customers by selling it only to .5 console owners.
>>
>>338004074
Swap Nintendo and Sony and you've got it.

When the complaints against Sony and the Ps4 start rolling out, it's only a matter of time before the "BUT NINTENDO" and "ASSMAD NINTODDLER DETECTED" comments start rolling out.
>>
>Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate takes advantage of the N3DS hardware
>Generations doesn't

Fucking Capcom
>>
>>338004203
Would the SP count as a .5 design? It's one of my favorite handhelds because of the changes it brought over the original GBA
>backlight so no more awkward light attachment for nighttime gaming
>clamshell design made it even more portable
>rechargeable battery replacing standard AA batteries

My only complaint is it's less comfortable with my hands now compared to when I was a kid, but that was inevitable.
>>
I don't care when either company does it.

Both consoles are processor upgrades in an age where all technology is increasing at a rate traditional consoles don't fit so easily. The ability to play 4K Blu-Ray, and the integration of the second control nub instead of the upgrade for certain games is a welcome addition on both for their respective reasons.

I won't buy either because neither really matter to me and I have the originals that work fine with the limited games I get for those consoles, but it's still reasonable stop-gaps than reinventing the console market every couple years.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.