[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody actually think that DS2 had better level design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: nashandra.jpg (29 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
nashandra.jpg
29 KB, 624x352
Does anybody actually think that DS2 had better level design or bossfights than DS3?

Is it just a meme?
>>
>>337981887
Seeya after the DLCs are out and everyone starts hating DS3
>>
>>337983386
have you got it all figured out? what makes people magically change their opinions about Souls games?

Are you too smart to fall for it?
>>
File: 1462730931169s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462730931169s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>337981887
I disagree with you on level design. While they were aesthetically pleasing, the layouts were a fucking mess. For example Iron Keep and Earthen Peak. As for the bosses I would definitely say there was better variety in DaS2 but there were also a lot of underwhelming and more than a few pointless fights, like Rats, Congregation and Spooky Lords. I think Soul of Cinder was a much better final boss though. I liked the music in DaS2 a lot more also.
>>
>>337981887
Fuck no, most of the boss fights in vanilla DS2 sucked, the only good ones being Veldstaldt, Darklurker, Smelter Demon and Looking Glass Knight. It's major saving grace is that the DLC is stellar in terms of bosses and area design. If the whole game were like the DS2 DLC it'd be the best Souls game right now.
>>
>>337983386
Are you implying that the hate for DS2 started only after the DLCs were out?
>>
>>337981887

Fuck me that level design is truly awful. Puts me off re-playing it.
>>
Music was alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCjlcO3fL3w
>>
File: 1462754258052.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1462754258052.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>337985183
This song makes me have an exestintial crisis every time I hear it but goddamn I love the way it sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI
>>
>>337981887
After playing DS3 I can peacefully pretend DS2 never happened.
>>
Aside from the bosses who have videogame weaknesses(crgw, ancient wyvern, yorm and wolnir) generally the ds3 bosses are better in every respect. Dancer and THE CHAMP epically. Fun fights that don't feel too bullshit when you fuck up, good diversity, and some of their gimmicks are really neat. The Abyss Watchers fight really caught me off guard when the third one got up and started attacking the boss for me.

Despite the higher quantity, Ds2 really doesn't have any boss fights that are outstandingly memorable. Majula is a better hub tho, but that's about the only thing I liked better than ds3.
>>
>>337981887
>tfw no Looking Glass covenant in 2
Invading other players' boss battles was fucking amazing and I'm sad they didn't bring back something similar
>>
File: k.jpg (18 KB, 471x280) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
18 KB, 471x280
>>337981887
DaS3 has better bosses if you exclude DaS2's DLC. But DaS2 did have better levels. They're short and have lots of variety and lots of optional content, and there's no TRULY awful level like Farron Keep or Demon Ruins 2.0. The good levels in DaS3 are only good the first time, once you know all the shortcuts every level becomes a linear slog through a cathedral full of Bloodborne rejects. And then there's world design, in DaS3 is utter shite. Pic related.
>>
File: Ruin sentinels2.jpg (339 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
Ruin sentinels2.jpg
339 KB, 1280x1811
Ruin Sentinels are an underrated boss
>>
File: 1325535604245.gif (704 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1325535604245.gif
704 KB, 200x200
>Gravelords will never function properly
>>
>>337986535
The covenants in ds3 are pretty lackluster in terms of creativity. 2 of them are functionally identical, another 2 of them are also functionally identical, but take place in different parts of the world, and the remaining are really just more of the same basic shit. Grapes are cool tho.
>>
I like the weapon variety of DS2 more than DS3. You could also infuse a lot more weapons and shields in 2 leading to interesting combinations and builds. Also the armor variety was really nice as well after all of the DLC came out.

I feel like DLC can only help DS3 get better. Too bad it's still a while away.
>>
>>337987031
DJ Screw covenant is neat

But yeah, 4 covenants that fulfill 2 roles is fucking dumb. You can tell they phoned a lot of shit in.

I'm glad I played it, but it's a lackluster (planned) end to a very good series and I don't see myself spending a whole bunch of time with it like I did the others
>>
Dark Souls 2 handled infusions better, better covenants, and had the best PvP mechanically (but was ruined by soul memory and the lack of permanent invasion items). For the most part Dark Souls 3 is the better game, but they threw the baby out with the bathwater and removed too much shit that Dark Souls 2 actually managed to do right.
>>
>tfw most, if not all, of DaS3's problems could be fixed if they listened to their English-speaking player base
Fuck FROM. They know full fucking well their games sell better here, and they only listen to the Japanese players. They level to like SL200 on the regular because they suck so bad
>>
>>337985465
It's just amazing how uncomfortably comfortable it makes me feel
>>
>>337988884
>people leveled up really high in the game with a lot of stat taxes
wow go figure. Next thing you're going to say is that SL 80 is a viable meta in dark souls 3 for anyone besides qualitycucks.
>>
>>337989627
It makes me really anxious but comfortable at the same time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.