[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resparking Interest In Vidya Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: delete.png (1 MB, 1205x601) Image search: [Google]
delete.png
1 MB, 1205x601
I've been a die-hard gamer for most of my life, through my childhood always wanted to be a pro. Been playing this shitty game for the past 3 years. Went from Silver to Diamond in 1 season so thought I had a chance. 2 seasons later I'm still garbage and realize I'll never make it anywhere in high elo.

Lately no games have really been very entertaining and I've just lost the drive to play. My favorite games, Osu!, Terraria, DFO, and of course League have all felt so dull.

Looked through steam for any game that looked interesting, can't feel motivated to play any. Does /v/ know why I can't enjoy games anymore? Or know of a game that's really addicting and fun to play? I need guidance :(
>>
File: 1280985046548.jpg (163 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1280985046548.jpg
163 KB, 640x480
>>337981303
>calls himself a "die-hard gamer"
>plays the most casual and streamlined fake "esport" ever created and the shittiest rhythm game with the worst scoring system in existence
>>
Diamond here in league as well, after playing league and getting a taste of ranked/LP for years it kinda nullifies the fun of single player games and other multiplayers. I felt like I needed to keep climbing, luckily with enough time, I can say I'm back to enjoying games and I don't play league as much, it is really cancer. This year I played Dark souls 3, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Doom, Blade and soul, and The Witness. Having a pretty chill time, and im a very diverse gamer.
>>
File: 1419272794084.gif (990 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1419272794084.gif
990 KB, 250x200
>>337981842
Diamond consists of 1% of the population for a reason. The game itself is good, though desu Riot ruins it slowly, and the community has always been shit.
Just because your brain is incapable of keeping up doesn't mean it's bad. You are just shit, People hate what they don't understand.
>>
>>337982260
>The game itself is good, though desu Riot ruins it slowly
The game itself is terrible and Riot has been ruining it rapidly for over four years now.

>Just because your brain is incapable of keeping up doesn't mean it's bad. You are just shit, People hate what they don't understand.
>If you don't like a game, you're just bad at it!
Classic
Keep on playing the exact same team comp, lane layout, and win strategy every single game with samey streamlined characters and pretending your retard proofed baby game is hardcare
>>
>>337982023
I don't have much money but I've heard good and bad things about Dark Souls. I have BnS but just barely started playing so im not far into it.
>>
>>337982757
I pirated DS3, played BnS on a Korean server then the english CBT, Pirated The witness, Redboxed Doom, and uncharted 4, and Borrowed Ratchet and clank. Im a gamer on a budget too, only going to buy select titles this year, Star ocean 5, and FFXV for sure.
>>
>>337982570
Nice try I main udyr he isnt even meta and got nerfed and I got back to diamond in a week. You can play what you want if you are good and get to mid/high diamond doesnt matter what comp till master/Challenger
>>
>>337982260
>Diamond consists of 1% of the population for a reason.
So? There's a top 1% of rock paper scissors players too, it has literally nothing to do with how difficult the game is.

LoL is the laughing stock of its genre and even more of a laughing stock of competitive games as a whole.
The game is a fucking joke, its competitive scene is fueled by Riot's money and nothing else.
>>
>>337983342
>comparing league to rock paper scissors.

you really are retarded
>>
>>337983518
Are you actually fucking retarded?

Like, holy shit, are you literally, not just using that word for shits, LITERALLY, a fucking actual autist?

Do your parents love you?

Are you beaten daily?

Did Uncle Pete rape you at age 11?

You are mentally handicapped, and your opinion is fucking stupid. I actually had to take time out of my day to read this stupid fucking post.

I too, feel legitimately handicapped reading this poorly structured response. Like, shit, you are fucking so dumb, your parents probably regret having such a fucking failure of a chlid.

You need to kill yourself, the world cannot cope with someone of your stupidity.

I hate you, and you should hate you.

Now fuck off.
>>
File: 4823180569.png (13 KB, 714x186) Image search: [Google]
4823180569.png
13 KB, 714x186
>>337983248
Thanks for admitting you didn't even read the post, because I didn't say a thing about playing "nonmeta" characters. That has nothing to do with team comps, lane layouts, and win conditions.
Look, even Riot agrees with me. Ranked matchmaking literally forces you into the meta team comp and shows you what lane to go in.

Are all LoL players this stupid?
>>
>>337983518
>ignoring a valid analogy because it hurts your fee fees

you really are retarded
>>
>>337983828
they hold 0 resemblance
league requires mechanics and knowledge.
RPS is just a guessing game
>>
File: mhm.png (2 MB, 1892x1072) Image search: [Google]
mhm.png
2 MB, 1892x1072
>>337983342
> Rock paper scissors
You fucking moron comparing a game based on luck, to League which is literally a game based on Skill and Knowledge.
Sit the fuck down, show me you rank.
You could not be any more wrong
>>
>>337983734
i used to be in a tiny irc channel for a game mod with this guy

he used to be cool :(
>>
>>337981842
>movement and timing is too hard for him so he has to call it shitty
I will give you that the scoring system is retarded and as a cause of that, so is the ranking system.
>>
>>337983734
But it actually doesnt, if you just got good like wtf am I speaking Brazilian right now?
>>
Underage B&?
>>
File: RTM_thumbsup.gif (26 KB, 221x198) Image search: [Google]
RTM_thumbsup.gif
26 KB, 221x198
>>337981303

Listen, I know how you feel. I was there, I loved vidya and I wanted to play so much but I never felt the urge to play anything but just a couple of my go-to games(Heroes of the Storm as an example).

Then, when 2016 rolled around, I told myself as a pseudo new years resolution that I'd play 52 games by the end despite how lethargic and apathetic I feel about hitting the start button.

Due to work/school picking up in a huge way, I've only completed 12. But the idea remains, and it's really helped me get over what you're feeling.

You just have to play it, even if you don't feel like it. Just turn on the game and start. That was always the hardest part for me but yeah. I went through something similar.
>>
File: 1385514826753.jpg (122 KB, 804x787) Image search: [Google]
1385514826753.jpg
122 KB, 804x787
>>337983989
The point being illustrated is that literally anything, no matter how simple or intense, logically has a top 1% of players if you track any sort of ranking so bringing that up as a defense of the game being hardcore or requiring a lot of skill makes no sense and has zero relevance.
>>
File: 1421859637416.png (10 KB, 128x600) Image search: [Google]
1421859637416.png
10 KB, 128x600
>>337984247
OSU players sure are retarded
>>
>>337984359
but the world champion of RPS can lose to a beginner since it's luck-based.

the best players in league will shit on new players 100% of the time
>>
>>337984247
It's funny because osu is considered shitty because of its lack of focus on timing and its low-movement inputs
>>
you can start by playing games that are actually good
>>
>>337984578
>single player game with no rank or punishment
Fuck off casual. Literally there are no singleplayer games that can't be mastered they all have patterns, unless its rng based.
League is harder than all of that no doubt, it's more or less a multiplayer game of chess between 10 players. 1 Person can absolutely shit on everyone and win games consistently with knowledge and skill, its not about luck, it never was. Thats only the low elo excuse.
>>
>>337984739
it's an aim game not a rhythm game
>>
>>337984625
Read the fucking post, holy shit.
>>
>>337984829
>plugging into the same exact formula and doing the same thing every match
>comparing that to chess
Thanks for the show
LoL players are adorable

There is next to no variable strategy in LoL, the game is just a coin toss for which team has the most idiots mixed with muscle memory efficiency of doing the exact same tasks every single match
>>
>>337984901
read mine. you tried saying that a top 1% means nothing since anything will have it. I showed the difference that a top 1% DOES mean something in League since there's actually a skill gap that's enormous between new and veteran players. You're trolling at this point right?
>>
>>337984739
>low-movement inputs
Move mouse hit key as opposed to hit key?

Of course if you play low bpm songs it'll be dull.
>>
>>337985025
if you don't know how to play the game then this is true. which you clearly don't
>>
>>337983708
no substantial argument, kys
>>
>>337985025
Oh but its more complex than chess, Items to build and counter enemy builds, creep score, objectives, champions that can splitpush, or champs that can dominate teamfights.

Its like there are 6 types of chess pieces that have been around for ages while league consistently updates and changes with over 100 champs.

Yeah fuck off buddy you arent winning this one.
>>
>>337985098
Move mouse in place with whole hand and hit two keys in place versus hit a lot of buttons with varying hand positions and transitions.
>>
File: 4 real nigga.jpg (230 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
4 real nigga.jpg
230 KB, 736x736
>>337981303
>League going on about how good he is at video games

GUYS!

GUYS!

Calm down it's bait, he isn't serious. Oh man, he got you guys it was just a meme this whole time.
>>
File: 1362969449305.jpg (27 KB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
1362969449305.jpg
27 KB, 338x300
>>337985302
I'm just gonna assume this is satire and take the laugh
>>
League is fucking garbage. Maybe try Dota for something vaguely similar but infinitely better and less boring.
>>
sorry op looks like you came here to defend your shitty casual baby moba instead of asking for good games
>>
>>337985329
And you think that the speed and accuracy required in higher tiered songs hold no merit?
>>
>>337985549
the timing window in osu is far more lenient than iidx/lr2 is probably what he's getting at

yes even on the highest judge setting in osu
>>
>>337985427

Dota 2 feels so fucking slow to me, I don't know how people play it. I've played pretty much every MOBA that had any relevance and Dota has always felt so fucking slow I just can't care
>>
>>337985302
This is probably bait but I'll bite
Quantity of mechanics and content =/= depth and required skill.
LoL is extremely formulaic - you plug into a strict team and lane formula, builds are simple spreadsheets per character and involve one or two core items while stacking stats and situationally swapping in items that give you the needed one or two defensive stats while still stacking that stat (hint: that does not require any strategy), and the bulk of the gameplay's strategy and mechanics are not situational and is either a repeated muscle memory mechanic every match or simple flowchart that remains consistent regardless of what champions and items you're up against. The most strategy in the game is in counterpicking and drafting, but even that is incredible shallow compared to even other games in its genre.
>>
File: leagueinashellnut.png (72 KB, 790x591) Image search: [Google]
leagueinashellnut.png
72 KB, 790x591
>>337985153
Stay in denial.
>>
>>337985806
didn't this guy have like 80%+ ranked winrate as well? i remember reading about it
>>
>>337985054
The presence of a top one percent means nothing, because everything has it. If your argument is that the top one percent means more because there's more of a skill gap in players, just say that.
What is there to not understand here?

The first post didn't provide a single argument, it just said "hurr there's a top 1% for a reason"
>>
>>337985517
I'm still waiting for good suggestions bud. But I'll respond to the trolls to feed them. I'm no defending League being a good game, it's a shit game for sure, but to deny it's competitiveness is ignorance
>>
File: Megumeme.jpg (139 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Megumeme.jpg
139 KB, 900x900
>>337985708
>>337985708
lol, you are amazing at baiting bravo.
>>
>>337985153
see
>>337983734
LoL players are so fucking far in denial that they ignore the fact that their game's matchmaking literally forces a strict meta and the game's developers directly state they don't want players doing anything else
It never gets any less embarrassing to watch
>>
>>337986057
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki
now fuck off
>>
>>337984247
>>337984829
Warcraft 3 is too hard, so I'll just play dota

Dota's too hard, so I'll just play League

Don't you get it? You're playing a casuals version of a casual version of Warcraft 3
>>
>>337985549
When other rhythm games require the same speed and accuracy but have tighter timing windows and score you harder on consistent accuracy than notestreak, yes.
>>
>>337985795
>- you plug into a strict team and lane formula, builds are simple spreadsheets per character and involve one or two core items while stacking stats and situationally swapping in items that give you the needed one or two defensive stats while still stacking that stat (hint: that does not require any strategy), and the bulk of the gameplay's strategy and mechanics are not situational and is either a repeated muscle memory mechanic every match or simple flowchart that remains consistent regardless of what champions and items you're up against. The most strategy in the game is in counterpicking and drafting, but even that is incredible shallow compared to even other games in its genre.

If it's so simple why aren't you making millions like those LCS players and popular streamers?

The whole game is easier said than done, thank you for showing us all how complex the game is.
>>
>>337984018
Trick?
>>
>>337986441
you're not a professional chef so you're not allowed to criticize the fact that i just took a shit on your plate and served it

you should literally kill yourself for even attempting to use this argument
>>
>>337986495
No, I learned everything from Trick and Sirchez.
I play with them every now and then too.
Call me Trichez.
>>
>>337986579
Exactly, that's the answer I wanted to hear.
Because it's not easy, because you can't do it.
Shitting on an experts chefs plate sounds more like you have bad taste anon.
>>
>>337986441
the same reason the gods of lol don't migrate to dota and make 10x the money
>>
>>337986898
i'm not the one who thinks your game is easy, i'm just pointing out your argument is fucking retarded and you should feel bad
>>
File: 1273805727354.jpg (105 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1273805727354.jpg
105 KB, 300x400
>>337986441
>If it's so simple why aren't you making millions like those LCS players and popular streamers?
Because it still requires a lot of dedication since you're playing against other human beings.
Nobody is telling you that literally anyone can go be the best player in the world in the blink of an eye and falling back on that fallacy shows me you have no real defense against the simplicity of your game.

if you actually read instead of getting asshurt and resorting to fallacies, you'd see the criticism presented against LoL is that when compared to other competitive games, the climb to that point is faster with less work and playing at that cap requires less thought and focus out of you.
I wouldn't bother trying to go professional in any assfaggots because I don't like them enough and playing literally anything at the top level in the world requires a lot of upkeep, but if I was forced to pick one (other than HotS, but nobody actually pushes that as an esport) I'd go with LoL because it would be the fastest to reach and would require the least effort and studying out of me.

Any questions, or are you done being a retard?
>>
>>337986898
Same. Everyone can talk shit on trck but he taught me the game because he actually knows the game and can elaborate. every streamer is for faggots becausse they dont even teach you the game. they just sit there and mumble about how good they are.
>>
>>337987368
Tricks my fave streamer on twich legit has some of the funniest moments, hes an ass on stream, but the dude means well and is genuine.
>>
>>337986064

No, I'm serious, DOTA feels slow..
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.