[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If naughty dogs games were multiplats would their games be as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: last of us x1.png (203 KB, 387x498) Image search: [Google]
last of us x1.png
203 KB, 387x498
If naughty dogs games were multiplats would their games be as praised as they are now?
>>
>>337973863
There would be a lot less shirt posting about it desu
>>
>>337973863
Yes, because they're incredible approachable due to their movie-like presentation.
I'm not saying they play like movies, they just look and sound like ones
>>
>>337974202
film is a far superior medium to vidya when it comes to storytelling so I don't see how this is an insult to a story heavy game
>>
File: cuckmann.png (2 MB, 1479x758) Image search: [Google]
cuckmann.png
2 MB, 1479x758
Fuck no, and their kikery wouldn't be so rabidly defended either.
>>
>>337973863
No, same goes for Bloodborne. Only reason people dick ride them alot is because it's an exclusive, even if they're decent games.
>>
>>337973863
just look at Uncharted, if Uncharted was multiplat and the new Tomb Raiders were sony exclusive, everyone would be saying that the new Tomb Raiders are the best games ever made
>>
>>337974330
It's not an insult, just an observation.
However, while film is superior with certain kind of storytelling, video games have potential to tell interactive stories. Modern Naughty Dog is content with emulating movies instead of looking for the unique possibilities that video games bring as a medium
>>
Uncharted would still get by. It's presentation is based on Nathan Drake being a swashbuckling treasure hunter, and the gameplay would hold up as a multiplat against other stuff like Tomb Raider.

But The Last of Us would suffer because its presentation is based around a deadly world where you have to scavenge and sneak to survive, but anyone with experience in third person shooters can easily break immersion by not stunting themselves. Once you put that out as a multiplat, it has other games to compete with and there's examples of other games not only outperforming it in many gameplay aspect, but how those build into presentation overall. TLoU thrived because it didn't have much competition on the PS3 as an exclusive.
>>
>>337973863
Probably, it's critically acclaimed because it does all of the other shit that modern critically acclaimed games do but better than normal.

It would be 900p on Xbone though
>>
No, because more people would realize how shit they are.
>>
yes because there would be no console war faggotry
>>
>>337973863
They'd still receive some acclaim, but I doubt they would receive as much. A lot of the praise is purely for the technical prowess (almost all of their games look damn good considering the hardware they run on), and releasing on PC would garner much less praise in the regard.

Then again, there are those who think the paper thin "emotional" delivery in those games is worthy of any praise. It has writing and line deliver on par with something like Man of Steel, which isn't to say it's bad, but absolutely not exceptional. The gameplay is pretty hit and miss. The shooting is actually alright, but the level design is garbage. You just get railroaded down a corridor/cutscene, one, two, initiate gunfight in area with miraculously placed chest high walls, three, four. It's hardly better than the mostly atrocious level design in Gears of War and Mass Effect. Also, when you're actually exploring around instead of shooting, it's usually a painfully obvious single solution of having Nathan use his super human upper body strength to clamber around a wall, ladder, or ceiling, or finding the convenient nearby ladder in the case of Joel.

They're not bad games by any stretch, but fucked if I know why they are so praised. The story isn't even deep in any of them, unless your only basis for comparison is Transformers.
>>
File: shirt posting.jpg (176 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
shirt posting.jpg
176 KB, 1000x1000
>>337974038
>>
>>337973863
I thought their current games get praised for being movies with good facial graphics on the characters
>>
>>337974330
except the story in TLoU is stupid and boring and the only fun parts are when you get to bash someone's face in with a wooden plank.
>>
>>337973863
no.
>>
>>337973863
Nah there'd just be less shitposting about them
>>
File: 1463369530238.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463369530238.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Will they pull it off again?
>>
File: 1399344493355.jpg (63 KB, 499x496) Image search: [Google]
1399344493355.jpg
63 KB, 499x496
>>337978626
pull what off again?
>>
>>337978754
Creating another "masterpiece"
>>
>>337978626
>>337978754
The mask
>>
>>337978102
>using a plank
>not channeling your inner Tyson and beating people with your fists in front of people with loaded weapons
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.