[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Sonic Adventure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13
File: Ah.jpg (81 KB, 640x604) Image search: [Google]
Ah.jpg
81 KB, 640x604
What does /v/ think of Sonic Adventure?
>>
wait what *is* the story with sonic's arm color?
>>
>>337973729
They're not blue
>>
>>337973614
it had potential to be a great game but sega fuck it up by rushing the game
>>
Complete mess
>>
If the whole game was like the Sonic levels and they spent more time ironing out the bugs and shit it would've been amazing

I'll never for the life of me understand why the other characters had to have different gameplay styles. They should have all had Sonic stages only with their own unique advantages/disadvantages, like how they did Knuckles in S3&K
>>
It's much better than sa2. That's about it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (77 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
77 KB, 640x479
OH NO
>>
I like it all except for Big and the Sky Act minigame you have to play for both Sonic and Tails fours times

Amy wasn't really that bad when you can just spam the hammer jump to go faster
>>
Childhood wise? It was pretty good.

Now? It's pretty bad.
>>
File: make_the_autism_stop.jpg (3 KB, 111x81) Image search: [Google]
make_the_autism_stop.jpg
3 KB, 111x81
>>337973614
Last decent sonic game.
>>337975402
This. Sonic's transition to 3D was actually very smooth. But the rest of the shit they added was complete cancer. Sonic, tails and yes even the Knuckles stages are good, but the others are absurd. Sonic Team only trebled down on the stupid in SA2 and it's been downhill into a bottomless abyss since then.

I want to stop caring about this series.
>>
>>337977965
>I want to stop caring about this series.

You can anon. You can play Mario games instead. But you can still enjoy the Sonic games you like though.
>>
>>337975402
>I'll never for the life of me understand why the other characters had to have different gameplay styles.
I loved fishing with Big
>>
File: wojak.png (6 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
6 KB, 512x512
>>337973614
i remember playing the director's cut as kid and enjoying it, but being incredibly frustrated at buggy parts.

I think it gets a worse wrap than it should. By no means is it great, but people like to harp on its awful bits (which abound).

Looking back on it just makes me kind of sad that its so terrible and nostalgic for the days when i could look past the flaws of a game and enjoy whatever good it had to offer.

So feels all around
>>
>>337978192
Me to man. Fishing on emerald coast was just so comfy and big could go under water.

>>337978231
Same here. People are biased against sonic. If its not 2D people go crazy on the insults but give other games that do the same thing a pass
>>
It's overrated, people seem to hail it as a masterpiece because it's less shitty than SA2
>>
>>337979202
What is worse about SA2?
>>
not that much of a good game, but still better than the awful genesis sidescrolling games
>inb4 underage
>>
File: meme retexture.png (521 KB, 551x454) Image search: [Google]
meme retexture.png
521 KB, 551x454
It's alright
>>
>>337973614
Liked the feel and what it tried to do, but it had plenty of gameplay issues. Ultimately I prefer SA2.

Overworld was comfy af, though.
>>
>>337978231
People only care about bad Sonic games.
It's like any sort of discussion about it these days, on any medium, centers around how shit the games are, how aged they look now, how Sega keeps fucking up for various reasons, etc. Sonic Colors was good, Generations was a materpiece, but you only hear this once or twice in the middle of the sea that is the constant shitting on Sonic Adventure and Boom.
Even if they were to somehow make a good game, the hype would last for three months before devolving into "remember this old shit?".
There's no such thing as bad publicity, after all.

>>337980821
Don't ask arguments to people who don't offer them up front. That's encouraging shitposting.
>>
I CAN'T BELIEVE how poorly it's aged
>>
>>337981592
>someone took the effort to make this for spite value.
kek
>>
>>337973614
That picture pretty much sums it up
>>
It's one of my favorite games and I go through it at least once a year.
>>
I commend it for what it was trying to do, and it did a number of things right, but it needed some more time to get properly polished and for some design ideas to be rethought. SA2 kind of took the ideas it had and just went and made them worse. SA1 is probably the best 3D Sonic from the pre-Unleashed era, which I admit isn't saying much.
>>
File: 1462535208166.png (573 KB, 594x577) Image search: [Google]
1462535208166.png
573 KB, 594x577
Sonicfags act like this game or any 3d game give them cancer, KEK. in all seriousness. the 2d games were mediocre style over substance games that really wouldn't be even better than the worst mario game. its fucking sad how people consider an really boring game like sonic 2. is somehow one of the best games ever made. when its almost as shallow as a fucking spyro game in terms of how flat the level design actually is. do those angry 2d sonic fanboys even play games. or do they just play sonic 1-3&K for hours on end like their on a desrted island and don't have any other games to play.
>>
>>337983364
>sonic was never good: the post
Please go back to plebbit
>>
File: 1202747528709.jpg (120 KB, 514x768) Image search: [Google]
1202747528709.jpg
120 KB, 514x768
i'd love to see sa1 stages ported into sa2

that way they could have the score/point system and shit
>>
File: worry.jpg (13 KB, 200x255) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
13 KB, 200x255
>>337973614
What's with all the Sonic Adventure threads recently?

Are you here, Sega? What are you up to?
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 120x155) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 120x155
>>337983641
They aren't mine
>>
Is PS3 Sonic Unleashed significantly better than the PS2 version
>>
>>337973614
It's fun, but it's so fucking unpolished that it can't be enjoyable at times. The DX version is complete shit.
>>
>>337973729

Originally made tan to make them visible in sprites against the blue body, but then they abandoned that philosophy with the other characters so it sticks out for no valid reason
Boom did nothing wrong
>>
>>337985312
Miles better. PS3/360 and PS2/Wii unleashed are completely different games. The 360 is better than the PS3 one but if you havent played Unleashed next gen, youre missing out.
>>
The game is LITERALLY a tech demo for the Dreamcast. There's way too much random useless shit for there to be any other reasonable explanation
>>
>>337973614
Lack of content
Short Story Mode

I do love the selection of characters and their separate campaigns which all play differently.
2 really fucked that aspect up.
>>
File: eggman1.png (466 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
eggman1.png
466 KB, 1920x1200
I wish they would take the gameplay from the adventure games and refine it. It was the closest we ever got to the classic games in 3d, just very glitchy, but there is potential. I also miss when Sonic games had story, everyone would always bitch about even though you could just skip the cutscenes. Even if they are bad at least you can laugh at how stupid they are, better than the boring as hell ones we've been getting lately. I also miss Crush 40.
>>
>>337982278
For real.
Those animations, man god damn.
>>
>>337973614
here we go:
>sonic is mostly good, some stages are naff, not too much to bitch about
>tails is fun, they're sonic's stages but ever-so-slightly different
>knuckles is less annoying to play as compared to SA2, almost fun
>gamma is kind of clunky
>amy is really fucking clunky
>big shouldn't even be there, and froggy occasionally refuses to even notice the lure
>visuals are nice for '98/99 (DX version makes them uglier), facial animation is garbage
>soundtrack is nice

overall, it's okay, if not great
people complain about the DX version too much even though it definitely is a bit worse other than the framerate

>>337983364
this whole post is autism

>>337985737
launch window titles tend to be
>>
>>337973614
Fun for its time.
>>
>>337978231
The DX version is ass. I can play MOST of the Dreamcast version without encountering any glitches, and with vastly-superior controls and physics to boot, but the camera and the way characters react to walls are still abysmal.
>>
Gamcube version is the best version except for the new models. those teeth man
>>
>>337986593
>jerky controls
>stunted physics
>more glitches
>worse lighting and textures
?
>>
>>337986593

Is it just my dolphin emulation or are all of the text fields completely fucked up? The left half of the box displays the first sentence every single time it's iterated while the right half shows the current sentence, making both unreadable
>>
>>337986995
Probably your emulation. don't remember having that problem
>>
File: coldsteel.png (533 KB, 661x544) Image search: [Google]
coldsteel.png
533 KB, 661x544
>>337982369
>spite
Nah, I'm doing it for shits and giggles
>>
I really liked the places before going to a new stage, like the city then transition to a jungle through a subway and eggman's territory. Those were awesome, and they need to bring those back again.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.