[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
It's literally a game about nothing.

A game of a woman blowing shit out of proportion and making a man go through insane lengths for nothing.
>>
File: 1463161157900.webm (2 MB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1463161157900.webm
2 MB, 700x800
needed more lolis
>>
mfw twisting and turning all the object I cam across looking for secrets and clues.
>>
>>337966868
>game about an asshole dad who dragged his kid out to the middle of nowhere, violating the law in doing so, then let the kid get killed, then covered up his death
>actively trying to blame the woman for this
>>
>>337966868
Maybe that's the underlying theme. People who are lonely or lack stimulation in an environment like that might allow their imagination to get the best of them.
>>
>>337967025

She's the one who filled him with paranoia and random ramblings of want for a man she's never physically met
>>
Worst type of walking simulator

>go over here
>oh lol, you need to now walk over to the opposite side of the map past where you started to get something
>now walk all the way back across the map
>>
>>337966752

Interesting set-up with a very disappointing payoff. Maybe they thought of the premise/beginning of their story before coming up with an ending.

The story also suffers from the fact that you won't, and you know you won't, ever encounter a fully modeled and animated entity in the game. The characters mention that there might be bears in the woods, but you realize they wouldn't animate a bear. The plot revolves around a character who is secretly observing you, but you know that he'll never really encounter you, despite the fact that they try to make it seem like you're in danger. This takes a lot out of the final confrontation, where instead of meeting your stalker, you simply find his hideout and listen to a lengthy audio recording where he explains his motivations and says he escaped.

Also, the antagonist goes to extreme, nonsensical lengths to fabricate a conspiracy. The idea that a man surviving in the woods would fabricate documents, then sneak into a research area to plant them, just to, I dunno, "throw you off his trail," is a bit absurd. He probably would've aroused less suspicion by laying low.
>>
>>337966752
>>337967492

Also, they take a lot of time at the beginning to establish the main character and his wife's condition, but this ends up having zero impact on the story, and he could've been up there for any number of reasons without making any difference.

Also, once you get a new tool, 95% of the time it just unlocks more shortcuts. I think there's only one instance where it unlocks a previously inaccessible area, rather than just make a quicker path to an old area.
>>
>>337967851

The previously inaccessible area being the cave where the dead kid is located, I'm guessing.

It's literally a linear game in a giant wood.

How they accomplished this is beyond me
>>
File: skeleton-reading.jpg (42 KB, 599x396) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-reading.jpg
42 KB, 599x396
>>337966752
The game didn't recognize the effort I put into collecting all the books. Bitches didn't even make them populate in the final sequences.

Because of this slight, I summoned the dark forces of eternal damnation to make everyone subconsciously hate this game.

I may have been unjust.
>>
>>337966752
Change the ending. It was literally an awesome buildup to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
>>
>>337966752
You couldn't jack off to the radiosecks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.