[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird how dunkey is actually pretty good at reviewing when he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: gg.png (761 KB, 1290x885) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
761 KB, 1290x885
Weird how dunkey is actually pretty good at reviewing when he is trying to be serious instead of autistic. But for real sonyponies btfo, I'm pretty mad as well tho
>>
>>337966557
Who gives a shit about reviews anyway?
Do you seriously need othet people and websites to make up your opinion?
>>
>>337967256
As opposed to what? Buying every game that comes out and hoping for the best?
>>
>>337967560
I actually used to do that as a kid and it was pretty cool to get a good game but it sucked when you got a bad one.
>>
>>337967560

>not looking up gameplay.
>looking up reviews

Pick one.
>>
File: paddington.gif (2 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
paddington.gif
2 MB, 500x337
I give it the same score but for different reasons
>Story feels like a mess, the ending definitely feels like a last minute change to not kill of Nate/Sam at the end in case they want to churn out more Uncharted
>I don't actually mind climbing but 75% of the game is fucking climbing rocks and cliffs that just leads to predictable "oh no the ledge just fell apart and Nate almost fell to his death" moments, instead of great moments like the scene in chapter 12 of 2 where you had to hang from several signs and fight enemies coming from multiple directions
>There's only one great set piece, the car chase in Madagascar, and the game has no other moments like it
>Multiplayer is too focused on microtransaction bullshit with a mobile game system of getting worthless points that build up to MAYBE rolling an item you actually want
>>
>>337966557

I don't like the fact that he is starting to use number reviews seriously rather than ironically. I liked his early reviews for the chaotic humor that he uses that always keeps you guessing on what his actual opinion on a game was. The video really doesn't have much jokes in it, it was as serious as a funeral.
>>
>>337966557
Uncharted has -always- been about pandering to casuals.

>on rails climbing
>cover shooting
>checkpoints close enough where any idiot can meatgrinder their way through with enough attempts
>huge emphasis on "story" and presentation

About the only thing Naughty Dog is good at is making a really fucking good looking game, but it's always marred by boring uninspired gameplay, mostly 3rd person shooters these days.

The story in Uncharted is always bogged down by shit, by either just being boring (Uncharted 1) , having a flash forward that breaks any kind of tension for the first 15 chapters (Uncharted 2) or just being full of shit no one wanted ot cared about like Uncharted 3's flashbacks.

They all also have really dumb setpieces, 3 was by far the worst.
>>
>>337966557

His review made it sound more like a 4/5 but whatever. It's a good game and I like it.
>>
>>337966557
What are you talking about? He literally says its s must own for PS4 owners.

You are the autistic one.
>>
>>337970372
This is the problem. People expect really good numbers for a recommendation.

I wouldn't give half the games that get 8 9 and 10's anything over a 6.5 or 7, but I'd probably still say they're worth checking out.
>>
His DS3 review is god tier
Great e-celeb
>>
Who woulda thought Dunkviews would become the most objective and honest reviews
>>
>>337971410
I just think that the gameplay is usually mediocre in all of the uncharted games and if the story isn't very good then why even bother?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.