[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this /v/? Is the story good, does it play well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 419x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 419x410
Thoughts on this /v/?

Is the story good, does it play well and hold up?
>>
one of the greatest RPGs ever made. The story and characters draw you in, even if the gameplay has become simplistic its still fun to play
>>
>>337965148
Should i play 1 first?

Any reason why i should buy it on vita over emulate

Does it end or will i need to play 3 and onwards?
>>
11/10
Especially if you play both 1+2
>>
Not perfect but it's fun enough and holds up well for a classic-style jrpg I think. Characters move as soon as you input their commands so battles progress quickly and the animations are typically nice enough. Main appeal comes from the eventual massive customizability of your party setup.

Story-wise it's engaging, though it drops a bit in quality after a certain very prominent character dies. Said character goes out in one hell of a bang though, with one of the best boss fights in a classic-style JRPG of all time in my opinion. Also this game does have a normal and "true" ending based on recruiting everyone or not, by the way.

Do not skip 1. There are mandatory parts of 2 that are there just for the sake of fanservice for the people who played 1. 1 plays like a simpler and shorter version of 2 basically.
>>
10/10
A fucking classic.
>>
>>337965827
Okay, thanks guys.

Whats the definitive way to play. Emulation?
>>
>>337965293

1 is not necessary but your enjoyment of 2 will be increased lot if you go trough 1. The rest of the series haven't really reached the same level since. 5 is the closest, 3 is mediocre and 4 is kinda bad... though it could be worth a play if you also get its SRPG sidestory game.

as for emulation v Vita, I cant say. I havent played the Vita version.
>>
>>337966237
>emulation
On original hardware.
>>
>>337966345
I doubt OP has $500 to spend. Original PS1 versions of the game are really rare and expensive nowadays.

You can just get the games on PSN for like $10 each.
>>
>>337966237
It emulates alright I think
>>
>>337966297
I liked IV, the only one i couldn't get into was Tierkries, why was that even a Suikoden game?
>>
>>337966237
>>337966529

This one needs real hardware, as there are known freezing issues on emulators for it.

Cheapest water is to mod your playstation to run burned disks, or some sort of swap trick. Barring that, gotta buy it.

Could always risk it and emulate, but depending on your party, it could freeze at various parts. Cause not known, so can't build the party in a way to avoid it.
>>
>>337967076
Vita it is i guess, thanks.
>>
>>337967360
Good choice.
It's comfy as fuck to play in bed too.
>>
>>337964867
Dead franchise
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.