[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meditating irl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 25
File: tumblr_nthiqcJLgk1ueqn6yo1_500.gif (1000 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nthiqcJLgk1ueqn6yo1_500.gif
1000 KB, 500x465
Anyone here actually do it, what benefits does it give and is it really worth the time sitting like a retard for 1 hour
>>
Here to (You)
>>
You fucking wish you could do it for 1 hour. I bet you can't even go for 5 fucking minutes.
>>
>>337960760
Being able to just chill out and clear your mind is very beneficial. If you can't see the benefit of this, please stop being terrible at life.
>>
VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>337961064
you sound like a woman
>>
>>337960971
this
>>
File: 1452550496953.jpg (34 KB, 285x242) Image search: [Google]
1452550496953.jpg
34 KB, 285x242
>>337961064
gathering that ZEN mambo jambo le inner chakra magic am i rite?
faggot
>>
>>337961179
Actually there has been a lot of studies on meditation and it has a lot of benefits

Some are increased happiness, clarity of thinking, higher willpower, lowered anxiety
>>
>>337960760
Used to during my MMA days. Helped with the mental aspects of fighting but not much else. And it's not for like a fucking hour. It's like 15 to 20 minutes.
>>
>>337961362
And how do you do it?
Do you sit for x time and make an examination of the self?
>>
Check out some studies on PubMed. Meditation is actually legit.

>Although research has found that long-term mindfulness meditation practice promotes executive functioning and the ability to sustain attention, the effects of brief mindfulness meditation training have not been fully explored. We examined whether brief meditation training affects cognition and mood when compared to an active control group. After four sessions of either meditation training or listening to a recorded book, participants with no prior meditation experience were assessed with measures of mood, verbal fluency, visual coding, and working memory. Both interventions were effective at improving mood but only brief meditation training reduced fatigue, anxiety, and increased mindfulness. Moreover, brief mindfulness training significantly improved visuo-spatial processing, working memory, and executive functioning. Our findings suggest that 4days of meditation training can enhance the ability to sustain attention; benefits that have previously been reported with long-term meditators.

The problems are:
>It's really fucking hard
>You need to take time out of your day to do it
>If you do it wrong, you're just wasting your time.
>>
>>337961560
God help any faggot on this board who examines his inner self.
>>
>>337961064
Nice waste of time. How about doing some exercise in that time, fat ass?
>>
>>337961560
Literally everyone going to give you a different way, i've tried a few but the most beneficial way i've found is just focusing on how it feels to breathe in and out.
>>
>>337960760
Read a book, and see if it's for you.
Placebo or not, it makes me feel better afterwards.
>>
>>337960760
I used to be incredibly stressed all the time, getting tons of gray hair to always having stressful dreams.

Once I started to meditate, clear my mind, and worry about my issues only for a dedicated time slot I started to feel much better.

Just try and sit still for 10 minutes and clear your mind. If it's really fucking difficult for you, then you probably have focus problems. In that case just take some aderrall.
>>
>>337961560
Basically you sit the fuck still and shut your internal monologue the fuck up. There are various techniques and schools of thought on everything from sitting position, eyes closed/open, humming, focusing on breathing, counting, saying mantras etc etc.
>>
>>337961560
You sit for x minutes and focus on your breathing.
The objective is not to think, but if you try not to think you end up thinking about stuff.
So you need to let the thoughts pass by and not follow through with them.

Eventually you will reach a state where you are not thinking for a while.

The more you meditate the easier is to reach that state and the longer you hold it.

Eventually it starts passing to your everyday life and you become more focused with higher willpower
>>
File: 1406032209315.jpg (99 KB, 631x537) Image search: [Google]
1406032209315.jpg
99 KB, 631x537
>>337961681
kek
>>337961706
Can I focus on gatos too?
>>
>>337960760
>sitting like a retard for 1 hour

That's not how meditating actually works though. All that goofy shit with incense and humming and weird sitting positions is the stuff of movies. Actual meditating is literally just sitting in a comfortable position and focusing on your breathing. And you can do it for as little as 2 minutes a day. I've done it a couple of times and it does help you to clear your head.
>>
I'm trying mindfulness right now my psych recommended it for my problems. I do feel better and as skeptical as i am about stuff there are a lot of study's about all the positives

VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>337961560
You need think about nothing when you do it. That's the key.

A good way is to close your eyes, picture a pitch black room and a small flame in middle. Just focus on the flame and think of nothing but looking at the flame. Technically that's not true meditation since you're still thinking of something but it's a good technique for beginners.

If you do it right, you'll feel refreshed afterwards.
>>
I think about doing it sometimes to clear my head and maybe be able to think about things better but as I understand it, your head needs to be totally quiet for it to work and there's music in my head literally all the time and I don't know if there's anything I can do about it. Is that a problem for meditation?
>>
File: aZJpDRlq_700wa_0.gif (3 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
aZJpDRlq_700wa_0.gif
3 MB, 500x333
Meditation is almost necessary for people who have mental illnesses.

I need to, for my stress and anger issues, from having OCD, anxiety, and having avoidant personality syndrome.
>>
>>337960760
do it at night while watching something you enjoy, a movie or youtube series. Also don't just sit there completely still, try natural movements like reaching your arm out to pick something up. It helps you understand how your body works and then you can apply what you've learned in everyday life.
>>
>>337960760
How can geralt meditate anywhere, including busy cities? Someone would knock into him or prod him for sure.

I hate the fact that you can meditate anywhere, there should have been some restrictions. Or maybe you wake up earlier than you set, implying something disturbed you.
>>
I'd love to do it but I can't seem to git gud at clearing my brain. There's too much shit going on in there all the time.

I do enjoy listening to chill out music sometimes, but that's about as close as I can get.
>>
>>337962198
You just focus on your breathing each time you get distracted you return to checking your breathing. There are like voice instructions on the internet that can help
>>
>>337960760
>not just praying to god/allah
>>
>>337962287
What happens if I discover OP is a faggot?
>>
>>337962217
I'm glad I'm not you.
>>
File: 308.jpg (76 KB, 666x999) Image search: [Google]
308.jpg
76 KB, 666x999
>>337960760
>is it really worth the time sitting like a retard for 1 hour

I sit like a retard for 24 hours a day, I reached budha schwarma levels of transcendence. I fap dry and without the use of my hands, I consider my bodly excrements a treat, a mere drawing of a child or an animal awake in me more emotion than your primitive mind will ever be capable of comprehending. Don't talk to me about meditation.
>>
>>337962217

bro just take xanax like a normal person
>>
>>337961064

>Clearing your mind

How hollow and boring is your life. Any time I'm left alone and in silence my mind comes rushing down with a myriad of thoughts, questions, images, sounds...
>>
>>337962398
This. Breathing is everything.
>>
File: 1451498582513.gif (657 KB, 500x648) Image search: [Google]
1451498582513.gif
657 KB, 500x648
>>337960760

I used to do it daily for some time.

It literally just helps you to clear your mind and relax. Usefull when you need some focus on life.

That said, there is also a more philosophical approach if that's what you are looking for. You could unveil some mysterys of life and reveal some purpose. Sounds more mystical than what it really is though

I recommend >>>/x/ if you are into this stuff.
>>
>>337960760
>>>/x/
>>
>>337962685
How hollow and boring is your life that you don't want to clear your mind sometimes? That's the whole fucking point.
>>
>>337962914

Why would I? It sounds fucking boring as shit.
>>
>>337962308
He's a fucking witcher anon.
>>
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
god fucking damn it this board, i asked a simple fucking question no need to XD MEDITATEING GO EXCERCISE XXDDD XANAX just a simple question to people who do it, dont need life advice from fucking retards that sit 19 hours a day on a fucking chair shitposting all day
>>
>>337961609
>Meditation is actually legit.
Let's use our critical thinking skills for a moment.

We all know that the powers of suggestion and placebos are very real.

Consider for a moment that most individuals will think they *should* feel better if they do something like meditation.

This alone is likely the largest source of any positive affects.

Basically, meditation will improve someone in some way, but only because people THINK it is good for them.
>>
>>337963096
Then go on the correct board for this shit
>>
File: swadiandiet.jpg (92 KB, 383x608) Image search: [Google]
swadiandiet.jpg
92 KB, 383x608
>>337963096
>>
>>337963096
There are some good responses here anon. Unfortunately this is /v/ though so sifting through all the shitposts is just part of the process.
>>
File: 1397735616713.jpg (38 KB, 515x650) Image search: [Google]
1397735616713.jpg
38 KB, 515x650
>>337963096
>>337963096

Where do you think you are ?
>>
>>337962635
That shit has too many side effects. I want my peepee to work, familia
>>
>>337960760
Video games and alcohol are a form of meditation, in my opinion.

A good video game or a good amount of inebriation both allow me to not care so much about the little things and slow my mind down.
>>
>>337963067
Do different thoughts and feelings not overcrowd your mind so much that you can't see the forest through the trees anymore? It happens to me sometimes so meditation seems like a good thing for me.
>>
Anything you could gain from meditation you can get from taking a walk around your hometown with some exercise.
>Gets you outside
>Get to listen to music/podcast while you walk
>Exercise
>Come back feeling accomplished and refreshed

Why the fuck would ANYBODY meditate?
>>
>>337963073
So? You telling me he can continue to meditate in a busy city with drunks bumping right into him?
>>
>>337963067
>clearing your head and focusing
>boring as shit

Do you legitimately have ADHD or something?
>>
>>337960760
How is this related to video games? Fuck off.
>>
>>337963412
>Do different thoughts and feelings not overcrowd your mind so much that you can't see the forest through the trees anymore?
Fucking this, primarily in social situations.

I spend too much time analyzing every small nuance of every person's behavior and it's tiresome and exhausting.

Alcohol alleviates this.
>>
>>337963190
Meditation is not a placebo effect, you mong. The physiological aspect comes from the managed breathing, thus lower your heart rate and stress levels.

As for the psychological side, clearing your mind from time to time is akin to tidying up a messy work table. I don't need to be pestered 24/7 by draenei horsecocks, so meditation can recenter my focus.

I feel like the people in this thread are just being contrarian faggots because the current "hip" thing is to take Buddhism and rape it with a spiked dildo.
>>
Okay someone answer me this. Does this work if im in an apartment and my sand nigger neighbors are slways banging and making noise? Do i need to be in silence?
>>
>>337963096
Are you german?
>>
File: Jlh8vhQ.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Jlh8vhQ.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
This fucking thread
>>
>>337963190
There's been enough scientific studies with dramatic enough results to indicate there are real benefits that exceed the placebo, which is observed usually only to affect a certain number of people up to a certain point. Also using our critical thinking skills we can just be reductive about its effects. Meditation alters your brainwave patterns in a scientifically observable way, training you to think in new ways that can be useful in other situations.
>>
>>337963436
What you described is meditation. Do you think you have to sit crosslegged and hum to meditate?
>>
>>337963547
>Do i need to be in silence?

If you're a beginner then yes you do.
>>
File: 01.jpg (652 KB, 677x1844) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
652 KB, 677x1844
My direct experience is that some people are more prone to understand how to meditate and are way more facilitated into doing so than other people.
There's a lot of confusion about meditation, especially on the internet, but on the paper is it nothing more but intense focusing and concentration on one subject, aka focusing your whole mind on one single thing.
There are a plethora of ways to achieve it, but people get dragged by its effects extremely easily and start hugging that mysticism bullshit and everything about it, especially western buddhism.
Scientifically speaking, meditation lowers the cardiac pulse, relaxes the muscles, the nerves and makes the brain release way less adrenocorticotropic hormone than when in a normal state, i.e. it relaxes you.
My biggest advice is, don't look up meditation on the internet.
There isn't a single fucking article or webpage about it that doesn't try to shoehorn some mysticism bullshit or that pushes in your throat something coming from a religion, way more than once it is new age bullshittery.
Your best option is to seek a Buddhism\Taoist temple and ask for instructions, but not temples managed by western, but by emigrated asian people who are willingly to help.
>>
>>337963641
juss use csanacs bro
>>
>>337960760
I did it to make a Tulpa.
>>
>>337960760
Meditation doesn't need to be sitting on your ass like that. Anything that eases you and calms your mind can be a form of meditation.
>>
>>337963547
You don't have to be in complete silence, but you do have to be relaxed. Putting on some headphones and playing some soft musix can help if there is too much outside noise.
>>
>>337963436
You can do both. I lift and meditate, ive turned my life around from where it was 2years ago from the self clarity i felt doing both. And thats from someone that has mental illness, senpai
>>
File: 1454451691684.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1454451691684.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>337963787
No.
>>
>>337963734
How the heck is Experimental music for Outcasts?
>>
File: 1462270402644.jpg (90 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462270402644.jpg
90 KB, 900x1200
Meditation is objectively useful and absolutely worth the commitment. As for """""not having time""""" it's also one of the most time cost effective activities you can do for yourself. Just spending ten minutes a day for benefits such as increased focus, neurogenesis and others, unlike videogame and shitposting on 4chan.

It's just one of those things too abstract and easily misunderstood for philistines and idiots like you can find in this thread. Just another thing they can side step and shit on because it takes a small amount of patience and effort like math or reading. They """"""""don't have time""""""" because they have no mindfulness about their lives and surrounding, succumbing to the internal and external chaos meditation teaches you to deal with, ironically.

But it doesn't matter. plebs will be plebs.
>>
>>337963806
Also this.
Meditation is focusing.
Everyone meditates.
Meditation is at the center of philosophy.
Meditation is thinking.
It's all that simple.
If a videogame tries to push the whole meditation eastern bullshittery you should really not fucking gargle it up like some autist that thinks that blue water is lethal.
Seriously, don't.
>>
>>337963067
you sound like junko

maybe you should just calm down friend

despair isnt the way to go
>>
File: witcher3 2016-05-17 20-43-22-84.jpg (545 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-05-17 20-43-22-84.jpg
545 KB, 2560x1440
>>337960760
>meditate during lunch after a shitton of morning work
>you are now free of most built up stress and can now work better
It's not rocket science
>>
>>337963734
What a shitty image.
>>
>>337963734
So spongebob is an outcast?
>>
So what's the difference between meditation and transcendental meditation?
>>
>>337964164
the same difference between science and religion
>>
>>337961560
>asking /v/ about meditation
go to /fit/
>>
>>337962217

You sound like me except I don't meditate.
>>
>>337964241
I don't want lessons on how sucking cock is good exercise for your neck muscles
>>
>>337964164
meditating for relaxing and a better understanding of the world - meditating TO GAIN THE SUPREME EIGHT CHAKRA SO YOU CAN FOCUS YOUR WHOLE AWESOMENESS IN THE GREAT FORGOTTEN GOD KEK THE SHITPOSTING SUPREME DEITY ALL HAIL HIM JOIN US AND YOU WILL BE A GOD OF FREE WILL AND HARMONY BLESS YOU ALL TRUE SELF IS WITHOUT FORM PRAISE JESUS BUT IN A DIFFERENT FROM THAN THE CHRISTIAN ONE CUZ NEW AGE GUYSE SRLSY ITS 2016
>>
>>337963190
>Video Games are actually legit.
Let's use our critical thinking skills for a moment.

We all know that the powers of suggestion and placebos are very real.

Consider for a moment that most individuals will think they *should* feel enjoyment if they do something like play video games.

This alone is likely the largest source of any positive affects.

Basically, video games will entertain someone in some way, but only because people THINK it is enjoyable for them.
>>
>>337964241
> asking /fit/ about meditation
> not getting a "drink cum and exercise" response
>>
>>337960760
Unfortunately with my life I generally am only able to meditate for about a half an hour, but it does have a few major benefits. The point isn't to completely clear your mind, it's to clear away the excess and focus on one major thing, and think it through. I can't speak for everyone, but for me once it started clicking and I was able to actually sit down and concentrate it made it much easier for me to focus on single tasks in my day to day life. It also helps me sleep at night, before I would lie awake thinking about everything, but now it already feels like I got it out of my system. It's definitely something to consider trying to get into, it takes some time to re-wire your brain to be able to just sit there, not doing anything except focusing on one thing for an extended period of time, but it's definitely been worth it for me.
>>
>>337964360
Sounds about right.

Thanks for supporting my point.
>>
Would meditation help make time go faster, i.e. when I have an hour to wait before class starts
>>
When I'm on my breaks at work, I sometimes like to sit down by myself, clear my head and space out for 10-20min. Just closing my eyes or staring at the wall. Helps me get through another day in this miserable existence. Does that count?
>>
>>337965131
No, but it's a great way to look like a fucking faggot with your eyes closed sitting cross legged touching your fingers together in the hallway.
>>
>>337965246
sounds like you work minimum wage.
>>
>>337965246
Fast food, eh?
>>
>>337965407
>>337965461
Industrial production
>>
>>337965342
>it's a great way to look like a fucking faggot
That works too, thanks
>>
>/v/ in charge of meditation: 20 years old edition
>>
>>337965575
I hopr you're joking
>>
>>337965636
>implying I'm not a 90 year old monk
>>
>>337965575
I'd rather be neet
>>
>>337965636
>if you are 20 years old you must be stupid
I'm 2 by the way. My mommy told me to write here that you're a faggot
>>
>is it really worth the time sitting like a retard for 1 hour

you people are so far gone
>>
>>337965710
I wish

>>337965789
I was before this. Would have been great, had I not been stuck on my parents' sheep farm, shoveling shit at 6am everyday only to be told what a spoiled faggot I am afterwards
>>
File: 1456886647696.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456886647696.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>>337965926
leave them be, brother
they will die and be born again, again and over again
and they will never break the circle
you can point the Path to a stray dog, but you can't bring it there.
>>
you gotta be a fucking retard to just sit in place doing nothing, how about you move your fat ass to a gym instead? or at least play vidya instead

tibetan monks meditate all day and they got literally raped by the chinese, maybe if they actually trained and learned real combat they wouldn't be sheep

if wonder if they felt enlightened and relaxed with a chinese dick (as small as it is) in their assholes and later a bayonet in their chest
>>
>>337965915
Global rule #2, enjoy your ban, 2-year-old.
>>
>>337966065
Go to college or something.
>>
>it really worth the time sitting like a retard for 1 hour
What do you think you're doing right now?
>>
>>337966065
I feel bad for you anon. Industrial production is just awful. I did it for one week and couldn't stand it. I felt like a mindless drone.
>>
>>337962217
>I need to, for my stress and anger issues, from having OCD, anxiety, and having avoidant personality syndrome.

with this shit you propably can't even meditate anyway breh
>>
>>337960760
I tried and quickly found it was shit.
However I've found that menial tasks or mindless jobs actually relax me to the same extent these people describe.
Honestly, nothing clears my mind faster or calms me down if I'm driving or even just walking somewhere.
>>
>>337966216
Procrastinating
>>
>>337966171
Considering it next year. I was turned off by the idea of not making any real money before I'm on the wrong side of 25, but now I'm not so sure anymore. 23 now, had I gone straight there I wouldn't have to stay poor until almost 30
Video games
>>
>>337966087
I agree with you on the gym part, you could think of it as meditation because it gets you focused on yourself. But vidya isn't exactly healthy.
>>
File: 1450283561621.png (204 KB, 364x336) Image search: [Google]
1450283561621.png
204 KB, 364x336
>>337966078
Pretty sure i'm depressed because of other reasons, anon.
>>
>>337962321
Could be an energy problem. Protein.
>>
I can't empty my head at all, I need music. But hell sometimes the music is why I can't empty my head, just another thing to distract me when I'm trying to sleep.
>>
>>337966661
Nah. I think if I was a kid these days they'd say I had ADD. I can't deal with boredom, at all. If I'm not actively doing something even a minute feels like an hour.
>>
I have a mental illness so I was told by a doctor to start meditating. It's actually pretty good. I found the trick to getting 'good' at it was to focus on the feeling of breathing as you count breaths. It really easy to focus on the feeling of the air going through your nose and down your throat. Eventually you just kind of switch off.

If you get it right you come out of it feeling really good. Sort of like how a fight or crying or something really emotional leaves you feeling better after, but without all the bad stuff first.

My favorite video game is Banjo Kazooie.
>>
File: 1458580410396.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1458580410396.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>adderal is illegal in your cuntry
>>
>>337961064
I actually read that it might not be so helpful.

If you keep your brain active you will generally be happier or something, since you alone with your brain tends to get you down.

Granted I spent 4 hours every day on the buss for 3 years going to and from school and I almost never listened to music or read a book. Just me and my brain looking out the window and I really liked that.
>>
>>337961864
What a tremendous waste of fucking time, said he as he posted on /v/. Might as well just go to bed.
>>
>>337960760
I like to meditate like Geralt does in Witcher 2 and take little drinks of water in the way he drinks potions.

Sometimes people come into my room and try to talk to me but I just ignore them and tell them later I was meditating.

am i retarded
>>
>>337963412
>Do different thoughts and feelings not overcrowd your mind
No.

>>337963534
That's just because you are insecure or inexperienced. Becoming even more of a pussy by hurr durr clearing your mind is the last thing you need.
>>
>>337961560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRAWbq48OY

24:30
>>
File: 1461079372363.gif (1023 KB, 265x260) Image search: [Google]
1461079372363.gif
1023 KB, 265x260
>>337966997
>you cant get even ritalin if youre a NEET
>>
File: geraldisafaggot.png (517 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
geraldisafaggot.png
517 KB, 640x480
>>337966395
>menial tasks or mindless jobs
This. Don't sit around like a pretentious faggot. Do the dishes, vacuum the floors, clean up the fucking garden.
>>
>>337963734
>liking musique concrete and field recordings makes you level infinity

you have some pretty low standards
>>
>>337960760
If you want to do more useless shit, learn Esperanto.
>>
>>337968013
>If you achieve something differently to how I did, it's because you're a pretentious faggot
>>
>>337968210
I am sorry that was unfair. You are a lazy pretentious faggot. ;)
>>
>>337965915
>if you are 20 years old you must be stupid
You probably are.
>>
>>337968013
Agreed.
Idle hands are the devils plaything.
Or rather laziness is.
Sitting still is just what I do normally.
Doing tasks such as gardening or cleaning clears my mind.
>>
>>337963190
>Basically, meditation will improve someone in some way, but only because people THINK it is good for them.

So, what are you on about then?
>>
>>337963096
Then why ask the VIDEO GAMES board this?
>>
>>337964164
The second one will make you look like an utter faggot even among the utter faggots who do the first.
>>
File: facepalm.png (211 KB, 539x514) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
211 KB, 539x514
>>337963096
Shitposting is a lot more therapeutic than sitting on your ass for several hours, faggot. Shitposter thrive on the natural human desire for conflict and contest, mediating faggots are fucking vegetables.
>>
>>337969025
More importantly, it also clears your living quarters.
>>
Everytime I take a shit I just shit there and think about life, and all the horrible life choices I made to end up in the situation I'm in.

It helped me get through bct
>>
>>337963067
are you fucking retarded or something
>>
File: ideaman.jpg (104 KB, 750x538) Image search: [Google]
ideaman.jpg
104 KB, 750x538
>>337969567
>meditates
>calls other retarded
>>
File: 1463438938000.gif (301 KB, 469x311) Image search: [Google]
1463438938000.gif
301 KB, 469x311
>>337969316
>That feels when used to be a shy faggot when i first when on 4chan when i was 15yo randumb xd /b/tard
>9years later ,I debate very well ,am able to put out my argument both in my native language and English clearly ,and point out fallacies. I've even won a local debate prize for arguing why glass desks were better than wood desks
Jesus fucking 9 years for that. 4chan is a 3rd of my life. It may have changed me for the better but I don't know if I should rejoice
>>
Meditation can mean many things.

You wanna become mental fortitude GOD?
>Try to imagine only one object, such as an apple in a lonley white room. How long can you keep that image? Not even a sec.

Many cases its zen, ki, life force or whatever
>le magick

Often its to calm oneself, but also improve your mental image. Kinda like the first note. Exactly like the first-
>I think its like self discipline, acknowledgement and through acknowledgement advancement. Wheel of Buddha bro.
>>
>>337966078
Great thinking Lao Tzu.

I will be sure to think about the present next time I inevitably fail my exams and realize I have no idea what to do with myself.
>>
>>337970061
To be mindful of and in the present is not to disregard the future.
>>
>>337969994
>mental fortitude
lol
>>
File: Nemesis.jpg (231 KB, 707x900) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis.jpg
231 KB, 707x900
>Have Tennitus.
>Both ears ringing all the time.
>Can't meditate or relax because all I hear is "eeeeeeeeeeee"

FUCK
>>
>>337969889
>why glass desks are better than wood desks

You almost had me. You were so close.
>>
>>337970868
I have it too.
This sould help.
https://youtu.be/ZXtimhT-ff4
>>
>>337970886
No shit ,our teacher is putting up defending positions that are fucking retarded or counter intuitive on purpose to distance us from attachment on subjects.
One of the best piece of debate i've seen is making an algerian girl defend French colonisation (Algeria was the biggest french colony ,and went to war for its independence) even though she was obviously an anti french leftist whore.
Nowadays she votes far right ,because of that.
>>
File: billnye_science[1].gif (47 KB, 283x246) Image search: [Google]
billnye_science[1].gif
47 KB, 283x246
If you mean meditating as in, thinking about things without doing anything, great.

If you mean meditating as in thinking about nothing while doing nothing, no, what a waste of fucking time, fuck you.
>>
>>337971602
>No shit ,our teacher is putting up defending positions that are fucking retarded or counter intuitive on purpose to distance us from attachment on subjects.

Bad practice, in the views of many famous rhetoricians. Sophistry only gets one so far. It's probably a good method of forcing people to view things from several angles, but not a good exercise for competitive argumentation.
>>
>>337972049
Yeah I know what you mean. I was sceptic as first but like I said ,it was on irrelevant subjects nobody really have an opinions on. I used a bad example for that ,but I assure trying to work your head trying to defend toothbrushes or men's wearing skirts really works your mind
>>
>>337969889
How did you get good at debating, just by arguing with people here? Playing Phoenix Wright makes me wanna learn how to win debates
>>
>>337960760

Do you even know how to meditate Anon?
>>
This thread got me curious, I think I'll try it.
How do you know you're doing it right? When's the best moment to do it?
>>
>>337963190

The same thing applies to belief in a God.
>>
>>337973670
If you think you're doing it right, you're doing it wrong. You should be completely free of thoughts and the constant " am I doing it right " is a real bitch at first. Do it whenever you can get a quiet/alone time. Aim for something like 1 or 2 minutes at first.
>>
>>337973215
>1.Know what you're talking about
>2. Look like you know what your talking about
Maybe the most important part. Truth is debatable ,depending if you're with a smartass. If you don't trust what you're saying ,no one else won't
>4.Debate. About everything ,everytime and with everybody. Be it in a bar about why you think ale is better than dark beer ,or how regular western forks and knives aren't necessarily better than asian chopsticks.
Practice makes perfect. The more you do itn the more you'll feel in control. At first i'll be meaningless arguments about food ,or so ,but once you'll hit religion ,politics or personal matter ,you'll hit a cliff.
But don't despair ,because nothing prepares you for making someone cry because of debates. You're probably 20-25yo like me. You have no idea how people react (and that's normal) when you string the right cords). So be prepared for that ,cause that may come unexpectedly.

Also speak about sports. It's unbelievable the arguments I got with some of my boxing buddies about fighting
>>
>>337974037
Only 1-2min? Seems very little. Is this something you should do everyday or you can skip a couple days?
>>
>>337974481
Thanks for the tips.
>Debate. About everything ,everytime and with everybody
I do this as much as I can without getting annoying, it's fun
>But don't despair ,because nothing prepares you for making someone cry because of debates
I'll keep this in mind, never thought people could get that emotional over debates.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.