[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132 KB, 1920x818
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
Bad combat
Bad diplomacy
Gets boring and repetitive from midgame on
Shallow as fuck
5/10. That's the best I can do.
>>
>>337960728
average
broken
unfinished
Not worth it. And since Paradox have been going steadily downhill much like Stockholm, I don't think things will get better in the future.
>>
meh/10

Game falls flat after you move past the land-grab stage. Ceasefires make conquering a chore and you can't indiscriminately glass planets unless you research a certain tech. Not worth the money unless you buy it as a combo with the inevitable 10+ DLC packs in a few years.
>>
IGN was surprisingly right for once.
>>
I didn't need 3rd Stardrive.
>>
So crusader kings 2 is superior by far? I was gonna buy stellaris or that.
>>
>>337961472
>IGN right about Doom
>IGN right about Stellaris
>IGN right about Alien: Isolation
The fuck happened?
>>
>invade planet still in medieval stages
>enslave them all instead of purging, maybe they'll be useful
>start producing slave armies
>earthquakes
>apparently some subterranean civilization is living on the planet
>they ask to coexist
>nah fuck that I'm not letting 2 xeno races live on my colony
>they invade the surface and kill all of my fucking useless slave armies
>they seize the colony
>I send an army of soldiers to eradicate this scum
>take the planet and territory back
>in the time it took me to recruit and send the army they removed all of my power plants and mineral farms from the planet surface and replaced them with shitty farms

I should've just fucking purged the first stupid race to begin with
>>
>>337962496
>IGN right about Alien: Isolation

cuck
>>
Not worth 40 dollars.
>>
>>337962496

>IGN right about Doom

Keep telling yourself that piratefag
>>
It's good, we'll worth a purchase just for the ability to probe and uplift races and the genocide simulators.

Most people on /v/ who complain about the diplomacy play as warmonger asshole races and are surprised that nobody wants to be friends with them.

Sector AI is pretty stupid, but the patch notes for the end of May looks like they have noticed and are fixing most or all of the concerns of 4chan. Maybe wait until the end of May for a more complete and finished product.
>>
There are at least 3 to 4 threads about this a day, take a guess.
>>
>>337963582
So if you only had enough money for one, would you get crusader kings 2 or stellaris?
>>
>>337963727
well everybody is hating it so i don't undersand it
>>
>>337960728
I actually really love it. Picked it up off imperial games for $30, and already sunk 35 hours into it
>>
File: 20160517103948_1.jpg (256 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
20160517103948_1.jpg
256 KB, 1280x1024
>>337960728
It's pretty bad.
Worth a pirate, play for ten hours. It'll feel fun.
I didn't get to playing it for ten days. Even eight days. It's just too shallow, unfinished, and lame.

Maybe in two years it will have enough DLC to be good.

On the bright side, it got me enjoying sots2 again.
>>
>>337963582
You got a link to those patch notes?
>>
>want to play this
>graphics card broke
Fuck
>>
>>337962496
No it got all three of those reviews wrong
>>
>>337965957
Any good mods for Sots 2?
Or for the first game? Thinking about starting a new save, but I want to change stuff up a little.
>>
>>337960728
Thoroughly mediocre. You can get much better games at that price point, within the same genre. It's only remotely worth it if you want to go full on autism fag and micromanage your POPs, but Vicky 2 is far more rewarding as far as that's concerned.
>>
>>337966717
I think there are a couple mods that change human ships significantly for #1. Dunno about 2.
>>
>>337960728
It will be finished and not broken a year and a half from now when Paradox has finished stealing all the good ideas / bug info from their forums.

Just like all their other open alphas.......I mean games.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.