[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /v/ opinions that are fucking garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 29
File: 1462894354090.jpg (155 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1462894354090.jpg
155 KB, 500x492
>Every Kirby game is good/worth playing
>3D World is bad
>NSMBU is as shitty as the others
>Mario and Luigi worth a damn after BiS
>Wii U doesn't pass the 5 game rule
>Neptunia worth a damn
>Senran offering anything other than standard VN tier backstories
>PC GTA V is shit

And you're starting to sink into the SM64 is dated meme. Cut it out.
>>
>>337956931
>>
>Xenoblade Chronicles X has a bad soundtrack
>>
What's the 5 game rule?
>>
>>337956931
>>
File: Yoyo.png (106 KB, 281x351) Image search: [Google]
Yoyo.png
106 KB, 281x351
>>337956931
But that's true.
>>
>>337957209
A console isn't worth owning until it has a minimum of 5 worthy games
>>
>>337957209
Never buy a console unless it has 5 games you want to play out and available to purchase RIGHT NOW. I don't see how anyone can make a grand statement about this though since it's inherently a matter of personal tastes. Maybe the Wii U has five or more games YOU want to play that are out, but some other guy isn't interested in THOSE games so the Wii U's not for him.
>>
>>337956931
>literally every complaint is nintendo related
grow up you fucking child
>>
>>337957271
>yoyo
Man I wish yoyo came back
>>
>>337957297
>>337957401
>>337957209
I didn't know this was actually a thing, it was just a practice I've been doing myself

Good to know there are fellows who also follow. Buying systems on launch is stupid.
>>
>>337957401
If you can't find 5 games you have something against nintendo or you have shit taste in games. There are certainly 5 games that are objectively good, and if you can't find them it's your fault and not the library.
>>
>>337956931
I agree with everything except for the first greentext.

Even though rainbow curse nearly broke it.
>>
>>337956931
>the Sonic is shit maymay
>>
>>337957271
No it isn't. Squeak Squad is worth no one's time. You walk away with nothing but wasted gametime. There's nothing worse than a C-/+ game. Even a D or F- is better because you get to feel passionate about your experience.
>>
Paper Jam is pretty fun even if the world boring and story non-existent. Combat is up there for best in the series, and every boss fight is really fun
>>
File: prTB80v.jpg (121 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
prTB80v.jpg
121 KB, 960x960
>>337957401

That's a pretty... low bar actually. Whenever I see someone complain about the Wii U or any console I always assume they want like 15+ god tier games or some shit.
>>
>>337956931
>>Every Kirby game is good/worth playing
I've never liked Kirby, they're way too mundane
>>3D World is bad
It's good, just very different than the other 3D Marios. It's more like a NSMB game in 3D
>>NSMBU is as shitty as the others
Probably the only NSMB game I liked. Very much like SMW in presentation
>>Mario and Luigi worth a damn after BiS
I've never cared about Mario RPGs
>>Wii U doesn't pass the 5 game rule
It does but barely, and it's dead at this point
>>Neptunia worth a damn
Too weeb for me
>>Senran offering anything other than standard VN tier backstories
Too weeb for me
>>PC GTA V is shit
Someone actually thinks this?
>And you're starting to sink into the SM64 is dated meme. Cut it out.
The graphics feel more dated each time I play it. Solid gameplay but I really wish they'd do a remaster by now
>>
One of the worst is the Saints Row 2 is good and da best of the series" meme as well as "Mass Effect 2 sucks and ME1 is the only good ME game" meme. SR2 is outdated and boring as shit, you just hate 3 because of the meme humor and not enough edgy bullshit like the bitch in the trunk. Likewise, ME1 is outdated (still quite good) and people only like it because of fake exploration and moments like meeting Sovereign for the first time but they forget how dull and tedious a huge amount of that game is.
>>
>>337957705
I will shit on Sonic all the time because I love to, but if I'm being perfectly honest? A lot of the shit games I kinda enjoyed. And I mean the really shitty ones people hate. Sonic and the Secret Rings? Had a great time. Sonic Heroes? Great time. I even liked what I played of Shadow the Edgehog, but I only borrowed that.

And Sonic Adventure 2 is a classic, but that one's more accepted.
>>
>>337958149
Agreed with ME1. It's slow and janky as fuck. People only like it because of the worldbuilding but I hate it when it's there jsut for the sake of it. It's just a fuckign book at that point. Like in Dishonored, there's those fucking long journals about who-fucking-cares-what and it's only there to "strengthen the lore". Yeah, well you have to establish an emotional connection before I start giving a measly shit about your lore, and you can't just dump it on the player and call it good because it's there.
>>
>>337958274
Adventure and Adventure 2 are only considered good due to nostalgia. 2/3rds of 2 and most of 1 are fucking trash, playing as Sonic/Shadow is really the only good parts of those games, but no we need TREASURE HUNTING
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 450x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 450x633
>>337958564
>le 2/3rds and most of 1 meme
fuck off leddit
>>337956931
>Undertale is good
>Sonic was never good
>Last of Us was good
>>
>>337958564
Those parts were fun, and if you have trouble playing around the game's unrefined controls then you are simply bad as a player. It's fucking easy, and once you get the hang of it it's fun and quick. Who honestly spends longer than a few minutes on those missions? They're fucking fun distractions and nothing more. They even come with great soundtracks. How can so many people complain about something so mundane?

Even moreso for tails missions. You literally just have to mash b and walk forward. How hard is that? Yeah, they're not as good as Sonic but it's not as if they immediately turn the game into shit.
>>
>>337957903
Essentially, the 5 need to be A+ experiences. Passed that, it's up to you to find your B games and expand your library, but every console should have 5 games that are absolute must-haves to you personally. That's what the rule is about. If you can push that into 7 or 10, then more power to you.
>>
File: 1429373613449.jpg (335 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1429373613449.jpg
335 KB, 900x900
>Uncharted is a good game
>TLoU is a good game
>Red Dead Redemption is a good game
>cinematic experiences at 30FPS are good games
>>
I don't understand /v/'s obsession with Kirby. It's clearly made for young children. The stories are acted out in gestures for fuck's sake, and the gameplay is just so unbelievably slow and tedious. "Babby's first" is a phrase that gets tossed around too much around here, but in this case it's literally for children who haven't yet learned how to read
>>
>>337959332
>Red Dead
>not good

It's good, it's just not for everyone. It's for the gamer who takes things slow and soaks in the world, which is incredibly rich and detailed in Red Dead. Yes, the missions can get repetitive as usual, but the attention to the mechanics, overall gameplay and content makes it a good game. Again, wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but it's good.
>>
File: itchy chill.png (254 KB, 497x425) Image search: [Google]
itchy chill.png
254 KB, 497x425
>>337956931
"TF2 is dead because I personally don't like it anymore" has got to be one of the sillier ones. Every time some memer is confronted with hard statistics they twist and torture their meaning of dead game until it has no resemblance to any commonly accepted definition in a desperate, futile attempt to save face and avoid looking like a gullible rube.
>>
>>337959578
>>
>MGS 4 is good
>MGS (Enter any number that isn't 4 here) is worse than MGS 4
>>
File: 1462178652895.png (95 KB, 225x257) Image search: [Google]
1462178652895.png
95 KB, 225x257
>>337959578
>He hasn't played Kirby's Dreamland's extra mode
>He hasn't fought the true final boss of Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64
>He hasn't beaten the True Arena in any of the games that it's in
>>
File: 1463269071551.png (38 KB, 198x141) Image search: [Google]
1463269071551.png
38 KB, 198x141
>Kingdom Hearts BBS is good

Some even go as far as to say it's the best--uh, what? Did we play the same game? The Cinderella world is the best example of how this game takes amazing world concepts and absolutely shits on them at every possible turn. At no point is are any of these worlds exciting or engaging. They're just arenas to mash and grind, before you get to what should be the meat of the combat--the bosses.

Bosses which since KH2 have been completely stripped of their genius attack patterns with vulnerable spots to combo them into. In fact, all of the excellent KH2 mechanics have been ripped away. THey try to make up for it by giving you more robotic commands, but none of it is as dynamic as the magic combos you pull off against Lignering Sentiment. There are no combos in general, the keyblade is shit, the RPG elements have been streamlined, etc.

Not to mention the fucking Star Wars story and a cast of playable characters that are so boring, dumb and vanilla that you don't even care about the plot. The Disney characters are treated even worse, and at times it's as if I'm watching a cartoon aimed at fucking 6 year olds. Kingdom Hearts 1 managed to be endearing while appealing to everyone, while mixing the Disney elements very well. KH2 ruined some of that and this ruins all of it, but at least KH2 had a great fucking combat system with smart boss design.

I'm almost inclined to say it's worse than 3D, just because that game was more focused on delivering thrilling worlds, even though it's keyblade combat was even worse.
>>
>>337959830
It's dead because there are no vanilla servers. Please prove me wrong, as I would love to play it without all the current bs.

I think what people mean when they say that is it's infested with FTP players. I personally didn't notice any dips in stupidity. I just dislike that it literally isn't the same game it used to be.
>>
>>337959578
The fan favorites are universally appealing.
The by-the-numbers Kirby games are as you say. Low effort, child-appealing, baby games. It's never bad enough that they're shit, but that doesn't mean they're good enough that they're worth your time. It's like playing Yoshi's Island DS or New Yoshi's Island. Who gives a shit about those? They aren't offensive (excluding music); they're just there. They should be ignored, and generic Kirby games shouldn't get lumped into the "good" category just because they aren't explicitly shit.
>>
>>337957297

xbox only had halo and halo 2 and it's the reason 360 and bone are still around.
>>
File: 1454546686809.png (535 KB, 700x676) Image search: [Google]
1454546686809.png
535 KB, 700x676
In attempt to avoid "X game is bad/good"

>Wind Waker sailing is the reason why the whole game is bad.

Just kill yourself to rid the obvious adhd you have within you. I hate hearing this because the sailing sections weren't even that long, and even if they get out of control there was STUFF to do. Or did I get a copy of the game that had sea monster attacks, treasure, pirate towers, and little islands to explore?

>RE1-RE3 are the only true REs

Nah fuck that son. RE1 was the only true survival horror, specifically the REmake. RE2 became more action oriented and RE3 and RE0 were too gimmicky to the point where it undoes the unique survival gameplay. RE4 isn't a bad game though, it plays harder to its strengths as being an actual action game instead of RE2's idea of spamming zombies everywhere in a room and giving you more ammo. RE5 and RE6 are just more questionable additions to the formula. Not that the formula was bad.

>We need oldschool MP FPSes back

Deathmatch sucks.
>>
>>337959830
Well. TF2 is dead as far as I'm concerned, anyways.
>>
>nintendo games are good

fuck off manbaby
>>
>>337959830

Just buy Overwatch when it comes out. You don't need to bottle yourself up in sad delusions anymore.
>>
>>337958002
Dunno if they have, so let me establish the precedent now in a formal manner:

GTA V PC (any platform really) is shit.
>Constant connection issues.
>Loading...
>Mod menus all up in your face.
>Shark Cards and grind-o-nomics.
>Children.
>Dead lobbies for everything but troll custom games.
>Insurgents and Kurumas run freeplay.

I could go on.
>>
>>337961502
You're confusing the consumer with what should be minimal /v/ standards

The casual consumer doesn't follow the 5 game rule. They are happy with 1 halo or 1 COD.

As a more involved audience, we should have some kind of standard. I don't blame anyone here for thinking the OG Xbox wasn't worth it, but I personally thought it pulled some of its weight

>Panzer Dragoon Orta
>Conker Live and Reloaded
>Jet Set Future
>Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (best version)
>Jade Empire
>muhHalos
>>
>>337957271
Rainbow Curse is fucking awful.
>>
>>337957546
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Mario Maker

thats it. everything else is terrible
>>
>>337960815
because most of us got sick of vanilla years ago when it was the only way to play TF2. I know I only played it for like 4-5 months then got bored until they released more content for it.
>>
>>337962098

I forgot about jet set and splinter cell

the others are mediocre imo
>>
>>337958868
"Bad" doesn't mean "Hard", it means poorly designed
>>
>>337962138
Splatoon
Xenoblade
Wooly World
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

All 5 star games.

And then I'd argue
3D World
Pikmin 3
Pokken
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8

Are 4-5 Star games, depending on preferences. Smash depends on your sperglevel.

Either way, these aren't terrible and if you can't admit it's just your tastes in the way then that's on you.
>>
>>337962651
>>337962098
OG Xbox was also the only way to properly experience a completely separate and excellent version of Double Agent. A lot of people say it's Chaos Theory 2.0 tier. I'd have to revisit it to truly verify, but I can confirm that it's damn good.
>>
>>337962807
At its worst it's a distraction. At best it's a fun distraction. It doesn't make the game "fucking trash."
>>
>>337963026
It was also the only way to play Pandora Tomorrow because the PC port is fucking garbage. Splinter Cell was made for the Xbox sticks.
>>
>>337960815
Do you mean no unlocks/hats or release state? Because every class except scout has received a change at base level, and the game is better for them.
>>
>>337956931
Anything regarding politics
>>
>Witcher 3 is good
>>
>>337963331
I'd be willing to play up until around the Spy update, but I'm talking the base game as it was on the console's Orange Box.

I definitely remember a lot of the updates being for the better, but there is likely no middleground. You either accept all of the updates or none of them, so I'd rather choose the latter.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 560x246) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 560x246
>>
>>337957531
I normally like this rule, but honestly a certain Sony console changed my mind because of ____PT____.

The cancellation will never stop hurting, I love Silent Hill so much.
>>
>>337957808
Squeak squad is the best one because you don't move slow as shit, unlike the worst one Kirby 64
>>
>>337962817
>Splatoon
Poor attempt at a child friendly multiplayer shooter. No single player and not enough variation.

Xenoblade
Single Player ugly MMO

Wooly World
Kiddy shit. Also a 2D platformer in 2016 is not worth an entire console

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
2D platformer. They are only complement the actual games.

3D World
How many times are you going to play the same game?

Pikmin 3
Doesn't personally appeal to me.

Pokken
Shit. Desperate attempt at trying to capture the esport audience.

Hyrule Warriors
Musou shit. Like all these games they get stale.

Mario Kart 8
Awful roster. What does it do differently from the rest? Gravity shifts that barely change anything?
>>
>BIS is the best M&L
>most amount of mandatory mini-game bullshit, either to advance the plot or jump-start another part of Bowser's body that conveniently gave out during the story again
>shit overworld with nothing to do
>worst 2D bros. segments, even after Dream Team came out with the repetitive dream areas
>worst half of the villain duo from the first game
>Bowser's a dudebro retard
>puzzles are boring
>>
>>337963137
Why should two thirds of the game be a distraction? If Sonic/Shadow is the meat of the game, why is the majority of it a distraction?
>>
>If it's "weeb" it's bad
>>
>>337963987
>Poor attempt

Splatoon's mechanics are very refined and if you can't acknowledge that then I'm not going to continue on. There's giving credit where it's due, and then there's being blind about your tastes.
>>
>>337963671
>imba demoman
>pyro useless
>spy borderline useless
>hamstrung heavy
>boring engi with no lvl 3 tele
>damage spread on by default
>more random crits in general

Which base level change do you dislike so strongly as to subject yourself to all of that again instead of just disabling unlocks?
>>
>>337964140
I never said it should. I said the game isn't fucking trash, as they can be fun and simply distracting at their worst. They aren't offensive missions.
>>
>>337960239
How would any of these change his mind?
>>
>>337964721
All of it. The little dislikes have added up to a different game and I don't like it. I felt the base game was more balanced than you are implying. I don't see why it's outrageous to dislike a game that has morphed into an entirely different creature.
>>
File: 1442214665_1442029514043.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1442214665_1442029514043.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>337956931
>Gameplay is the only important factor when judging a game
It takes a concerning lack of critical thought to swallow this one
>>
>>337963987
>Poor attempt at a child friendly multiplayer shooter. No single player and not enough variation.
You are aware that the game has been patched with new content right?
Those mostly being weapons, stages and outfits, if you're going to berate a game at least bring up a valid point.

>Single Player ugly MMO
It's a multiplayer game too and in addition to being the largest open world game to date it doesn't feel like a slog like the rest of them as well as having things to do across the entire map and having stories attached to them.

>Kiddy shit.
Video games are kiddy shit in general this isn't a negative against anything.

>2D platformer.
And?
If a game provides enough enjoyment does it matter what kind of genre it belongs to? That's like saying you can't like racers unless you have an RPG.

>How many times are you going to play the same game?
Once considering 3D world and Land have very different mechanics and stages.

>Shit. Desperate attempt at trying to capture the esport audience.
You aren't even basing these on the games any more.

>Musou shit. Like all these games they get stale.
Come on anon, give me something to actually post against, I'm getting bored.

>Awful roster.
What does this have to do with anything?
It's a racing game and one where you should be putting more focusing on the fact that you can customize the vehicles to your liking with a wide array of parts. Characters are a purely superficial issue.

>What does it do differently from the rest?
Balance bikes for one.
Introduce ATVs
Gravity shifts also make it harder to overtake your opponent because they and ram you and get a speed boost themselves
>>
>>337965068
Release tf2 is stale, slow and brainless compared to what it is now, even if you take into account all of the new maps.
Just because you don't know how to abuse bugs and exploits doesn't mean everyone else can't to ruin every other game.
>>
>>337956931
>Some genres don't even have representation on the console
>most are of the same series

Unless you grew up a HUGE nintendo fan its very hard to hit that 5 unless you take other WiiU owners testimony for some of the titles like W101.
>>
>>337967602
>>Some genres don't even have representation on the console
Such as?
>>
>>337956931
i hope you're all being ironic. any time i see someone talking crap about the pepe on this board i have to wonder if they are serious. and then i realize they very well might be. i'm usually good at gauging levels of irony but i suspect there aren't any here.
bro-- you're a fucking fool. you're the dumb one. a successful comic panel becoming a meme and captivating the website is not dumb. a prominent creation that calls for strong borders, putting an end to the ridiculous illegitimate influx of ugly uneducated normalfags pouring into our website, for more competent crossboard funposting, for hilarious edits that get made everyday, is not dumb. it's unbridled creativity and unapologetic high-quality meme making. it's dumb that we would have an anti-lewd post, and later, a lewd anime thread getting massive praise. it's dumb that we would have an anti-frogpost, and later, a thread praising spidermanbutt or millenom girl. it's a joke that people continue to support the globalist anime shitpost machine. those are the demons. those are the devil. you've got to step back and wonder why 4chan doesn't have it in for these criminals like they do Pepe. but you don't. you take it at face value. hating pepe is cool among the know-nothing shitpost legion. and you haven't thought into why that is at all. you're just buying into the narrative, wholesale. and it's honestly disgusting. pissants
>>
>>337958564
The Sonic Adventure games were mediocre outside of 2's Eugenics Simulator and Party Multiplayer.
>>
>>337967691
Traditonal Fighters (non ports),traditional racers,FPS and action RPG. Modern Jrpg (coming soon but this was the case for a while) and Srpg as well.

Maybe there is a eshop title that will change this but will a eshop or downloadable game in general ever solidified a purchase?
>>
>>337966652
>Just because you don't know how to abuse bugs and exploits doesn't mean everyone else can't to ruin every other game.

Try that one again. I don't know what you're saying.
>>
is it this kind of thread?
>>
>>337957158
I'd beg to fucking differ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBMBOik4xw
https://youtu.be/-GQCjQEM-8Y?list=PLvNp0Boas722IZkbFk00DsW4eD92iQGSe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5u99eLPO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCjVyPfSV1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eks33FHdso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40Lxd53EcY
>>
>>337967810
You sir are a stupid dumbfuck who doesn't deserve a dick. Unless you are a girl then you don't deserve your pussy. Please go replace your pancreas with a bowling ball and skydive into into man-eating animal infested waters wherein you survive without a dick, without a sphincter, without an ear, or even your nutsack. Or better yet, thread a needle with a string, then dip it in saltwater and jam it through your testicles, then put the same exact string in both of your eyeballs where it will mold and cause you to go blind. So then you will need a seeing eye dog named Butch who will chew on your infected nutsack every day for the rest of your life. When you get him to lick the peanut butter off, he'll somehow manage to choke on your tiny little shaft. Then he will die causing you to cry out of your blind eyes and you will be left helpless crying for your dead testy chewing dog in the street while you are mowed down by a guy in a powder blue Prius and live in pain for exactly 666 minutes before you die finally exiling you to hell.
>>
>>337964041
holy shit, someone with taste. I don't feel crazy antymore. I'm convinced it's barafags and people following reviews who overhype that very standard game. I can't believe people put it up to Paper Mario 1+2/SMRPG standards.
>>
>>337968517
>banned

Also he says all zelda sucks but WW. How the fuck do you come up with that opinion? I probably played every zelda game and the only one I liked enough to beat was ALTTP and minish cap. The rest were boring shit. WW was more different than the 64 games I guess. Something tells me the guy is jumping on the "WW is le epik" bandwagon.
>>
>>337963987
>Awful roster
>People actually care about the roster in Mario Kart
I play Bowser Jr. and Dry Bones every game they're in but that doesn't stop me from enjoying 8.
>>
>>337956931
>Dark Souls II is a bad game. As in can be compared to Ride to Hell, Duke Nukem Forever and Sonic Boom bad.
>>
>>337968090
Pretty much all of them get representation on the console except SRPGs though anon.
There's not a lot but enough to make the console a worthwhile purchase.

>Maybe there is a eshop title that will change this but will a eshop or downloadable game in general ever solidified a purchase?
I don't really check the eshop often but you would be surprised at how many people buy consoles because of digital games.
>>
File: trashman.jpg (31 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
31 KB, 352x450
>>337958149
>SR2 is outdated

Your argument goes into the trash for this

>you just hate 3 because of the meme humor and not enough edgy bullshit like the bitch in the trunk

No, I hate SR3 because it has less content and the campaign is garbage with terrible, nonexistent characters
>>
>>337963813
now that is some shit taste. Squeak Squad is run of the mill and 64 actually had love put into it. Mobility works in tandem with the level design, and the creaitivity in the abilities is more than enough to make up for it.
>>
>>337968915
>>People actually care about the roster in Mario Kart
because it's totally not Smash autists plaguing another Nintendo-related discussion
>>
>>337968345
A significant part of the tf2 updates is fixing glitches and loopholes that players were abusing to cheat and grief.
It's a part of the update package, not to be found on release tf2.
>>
>>337969051
Such as what? I never noticed anything major.
>>
>>337969014
he probably pirated and played the broken as fuck PC port over the original on PS3/360
>>
>Wind Waker isn't the best post-N64 LoZ game, and isn't the final example of Nintendo following a creative vision rather than catering to stale fanservice.
>>
>>337969010
>Pretty much all of them get representation on the console except SRPGs though anon.

Please give me examples. If you post ports I will be sad. Stop me from saying this if its wrong. Because I would have bought those titles already.
>>
>>337969180
That doesn't excuse him because I played the "broken as fuck" PC port of SR2 to completion with a buddy.

The co-op in SR2 is so amazingly designed.
>>
>>337959332
>RDR Bad

Holy shit, end your life.
>>
>>337969265
>Please give me examples.
You aren't going to be one of those
>it's shit or doesn't count because of reasons
people are you?

Because I can't be bothered with that shit anymore.
>>
File: ZERO TOLERANCE.jpg (84 KB, 428x559) Image search: [Google]
ZERO TOLERANCE.jpg
84 KB, 428x559
>>337968517
>FFS
holy fucking shit
>>
>>337969148
You haven't gotten the release tf2 experience until you've gotten your ass blasted by untouchable sentries under the floor on cp_gravelpit.
There were a gorillion backstab bugs. And the pistol script.
>>
>>337962127
Can someone tell me why? I loved canvas curse and I've been looking forward to playing rainbow
>>
>>337970220
Doesn't sound like anything that can't be fixed with a simple ban on the vanilla server, but it doesn't sound like there is one so I'll just never play TF2 again.
>>
File: 1463473177919.jpg (177 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1463473177919.jpg
177 KB, 500x492
>>
>>337970446
The level design is great. It's just that you really have to like the canvas curse controls. You can be good at it and have excellent speedrunning technique, but that kind of thing doesn't appeal to everyone so it ends up not fully connecting with some folk. The coop is garbage though.
>>
>>337969738
I actually own a wiiU but I'll list off what I think you would post.

Traditional fighters: Tekken but its port. Anybody who wanted to play tekken would go where the good players play and play the game when its released.

FPS: CoD ports. Same reason as tekken

The rest I don't know about so I would like to know. If you can please omit ports. This is 5 games you would buy the console for ports will fall under games to supplement your library if its your only console. If this what you didn't want to respond to I'll apologize and you don't have to answer but I'm legit curious.
>>
>>337970987
for racing is there need for speeds and project cars?
I personally cant stand traditional racers. I get bored to tears unless it's burnout 3
>>
>>337971378
Project Cars didn't even come out for Wii U.
I wonder if anyone sued them for false advertising?
>>
>>337970668
>manual bans are better for addressing vac-undetectable exploits in a f2p game on a niche server than complete prevention
Yeah ok mate, the problem is totes the game.

Do you really believe tf2 wouldn't have bored all the players away if the only new content was community maps? Because new official maps are a kind of update too.
>>
>>337971378
Project cars was canceled sadly and while the wiiU does have a traditional racer I don't think a launch port of a 7th gen game would sway a buyer to purchasing a wiiU with the 5 game rule in mind.
>>
>>337968592
Congratulation you missed the point of the thread.
I agreed with you.
>>
>>337971743
>manual bans are better for addressing vac-undetectable exploits in a f2p game on a niche server than complete prevention
Someone acts like a fag, literally one or two people point it out and they're gone. What else is there?

>Yeah ok mate, the problem is totes the game.

?

>Do you really believe tf2 wouldn't have bored all the players away if the only new content was community maps? Because new official maps are a kind of update too.

It's like you can't even read. I've already explained to you where I'm coming from. Go read it. I can't understand how you're bending over to try and make it seem like I think TF2 vanilla is the best game it could be. It obviously could be expanded upon, and they went with decisions that I didn't like. How hard is that to grasp?
>>
>>337970861
Sounds great. Thanks a lot for letting me know
>>
>>337971378
we have Fast Racing NEO, a futuristic formula racer.
>>
>>337968819
I played it and didn't get the hype either, anon. I played superstar saga before BIS released to refresh myself on mario RPGs and holy shit did BIS disappoint me by comparison. There just wasn't as much memorable content in BIS than any of the preceding games.
>>
>>337957271
Not true,kirby fags will just call the bad ones decent. I really love kirby though and appreciate it for what it is but I know for a fact dreamland 2 sucks..also
>it's ok when Nintendo does it
/v/'a hard on for thinking every Nintendo fag is a nintendrone that thinks Nintendo can do no wrong really does piss me off. I like Nintendo games but Nintendo has done nothing but disappoint me since last e3 and it's almost like they're going out of their way to piss wii U owners off. I'm already going to buy a ps3 because Nintendo has done fuck all to make my wii U purchase feel worthwhile
>>
>>337974102
>but I know for a fact dreamland 2 sucks
Fuck you buddy.
>>
>>337956931
true
not true
true
not true
not true
if you like those games yes
if you like those games no
true
>>
>>337974314
What's so great about it? Level design was pretty bland and animal friends weren't as useful as in 3. I really can't see what's so good about it but go ahead and enlighten me anon
>>
>>337975010
Well of course it's going to be better than three, that's the sequel.
But for the same reason Dreamland 2 was better than 1 for introducing several new mechanics and ideas as well as a secret boss.
>>
>>337974030
the mario and luigi parts were absolutely ruined, and Bowser isn't a good enough as an anti-hero to carry anything other than a couple of amusing scenes. By the end of the game, I was hoping the final fight would make it all worth it, and while it was good, I still stared at the credits thinking "I really shouldn't have done all that."
>>
>>337972296
>What else is there?
They change to an alternate account and come back because tf2 costs no money to play? It's not a good server if an admin has to be on call every second the server is up just because someone thought a scout was maybe shooting faster than they should be, or half the server ragequit in frustration before the admin gets there.
You're also ignoring all of the quality of life changes, spy's backstab was so unreliable in just working correctly you were better off not using the knife at all. Wanting a game that actually works correctly is not unreasonable.

>I've already explained to you where I'm coming from
I've explained that where you're coming from makes no sense, because all of the old problems you didn't even know about until now would come together in a release state server to make it either unplayably frustrating or unpopulated from boredom within a few months. I seriously doubt a release vanilla server would hold your interest longer than the current ones do.
>>
>>337959214
I need to stop and check if this holds up for the consoles I own.

N64
OoT
MM
PM
...not looking good so far. Goldeneye? It's outclassed now by TS2 but at the time it was worth it.
I can't think of a fifth.

So the N64, first console I owned and pivotal in my childhood, fails this rule. Were I born two decades earlier and the console came out when I was 24, I wouldn't have reason to buy it if I follow this rule of thumb.

Gamecube:
Sunshine
TTYD
WW
Viewtiful Joe
Pikmin 2 (maybe 1 as well)
Okay this one works out, and with excess as well (the Primes for instance)

GBA:
MF
MZM
...already drawing a blank.

I can think of plenty B or less experiences for these consoles, but asking for 5 As is a hell of a lot.
>>
>>337957271
Dreamland 2 is pretty bad.
>>
File: 1451193016744.png (159 KB, 342x338) Image search: [Google]
1451193016744.png
159 KB, 342x338
>>337975905
Fite me in rl
>>
>>337975876
>no banjo
ya blew it
>>
>>337959589
Funny. I love to soak into a setting, yet I find no pleasure in Red Dead Redemption. My brother loves that game, but couldn't stand Shadow of the Colossus.

I loved Shadow of the Colossus so much, on my second playthrough I just roamed the forbidden land, collecting fruit and lizard tails with as few deaths as possible, exploring everything in an untouched state before I tackled the first Colossus. My brother got so angry knowing I was doing this he couldn't be in a room while I played. I chalked it down to my brother loving action over atmosphere.

In conclusion, I think "enjoys atmosphere" is often unclear and ought to be broken down. There's clearly something different going on here, and it's not just "one guy likes cowboys", we both like cowboys.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1136x640
>>337976146
Bristol Village Plaza, 2701 N Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92706

I'll be waiting. Come alone
>>
>>337975876
>no fucking banjo kazooie/banjo tooie
what the fuck

and if you can't think of 10 games for the GBA then you have shit taste
>>
File: 1386621107984.png (123 KB, 297x310) Image search: [Google]
1386621107984.png
123 KB, 297x310
>>337975876
Are you for real? The N64 was made to sell Mario 64.
>>
>>337976910
If you loved doing that in Shadow, I can't possibly understand why you wouldn't enjoy doing the same in Red Dead, where there's more side/misc things to do. Even sitting down to play Poker feels like its part of the world, with absolutely superb sound design
>>
>>337976718
Dang, Banjo! Alright, N64 literally just passes. Also I remembered Superstar Saga and the Advance Wars games for GBA.

I'll do Gameboy for completion:
Link's Awakening
...not remembering any others.

DS:
Partners in Time
Mario Kart
AWDC

The rule's still a bit shakey.
>>
>>337976959
Are you going to caffeine him to death?
>>
File: 1416084990469.png (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1416084990469.png
26 KB, 400x400
>>337975876
>including sunshine but not 64
>>
>>337977029
64 is very slick for it's age, but Sunshine is the pinnacle in 3D platforming for me. I like to run around as Mario just messing about in 64, but that isn't enough to draw me back. Banjo is the superior platformer.
>>
>>337977330
>N64 literally just passes

No it doesn't. All you've made clear in your posts is that you never had the money to buy enough games, or didn't care to delve into the library at all. I don't see what you're trying to prove
>>
>>337977235
This is self-speculation here, but maybe the fact that RDR is crawling with quests and misc is part of the issue? I liked the "oh cool a new mission" effect of exploring in Psychonauts because it's a ridiculous game with goofy humour and it just feels right. There's something graceful about there being hidden things in Shadow of the Colossus, but none of them involve a cutscene or minigame, or even a temporary mark on a map and a "go here" sign over someone's head saying "Talk by pressing X".
>>
>>337977689
I've never owned an Xbox or Playstation my entire life, and nearly all my favourite games, and the vast majority of games I'd rate favourably, are on Nintendo consoles. And you, anon, are a Nintendrone.
>>
>>337956931
>mostly Nintendo "opinions"

I wish that shit-stain company got its own containment board already. /vp/ was a step in the right direction.
>>
>>337956931
>if a game is only exclusive to PS3/4 and vita it doesn't count as an exclusive for neither of them

Then what the fuck are they?
>>
>>337956931
>waaaaahhhh mummy - /v/ is hating on my precious NINTENDO make it stop waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
>>
>>337977330
I'll be the first to say Pokemon isn't for everyone, but Gold/Silver was one of the biggest reasons to get a GBC.

Also there are loads of good DS games.
>>
>Senran offering anything other than standard VN tier backstories
People who enjoy the Senran story have something genuinely wrong with them. Burst is a bad and poorly performing beat em up shackled to a bad vn
>>
>>337960156
Are you honestly telling me that MGS5 was better then MGS4?
>>
File: Come on Genos.jpg (24 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
Come on Genos.jpg
24 KB, 480x479
>fun is a buzzword
>>
>>337961539
I thought you were going in the direction "no, HERE is the real problem with Wind Waker", which would presumably be Tingle and low dungeon count/cut content.

>>337978090
I thought hard about including Pokemon on any of those lists, but ultimately no Pokemon game in my eyes scores more than a 7/10. I never played G/S/C, my favourite game is Ruby, and this is in spite of an autistic amount of knowledge on the game's mechanics.

"Good" isn't the question.
>>
>>337978001
Just accept you can't talk about ps4 or vita games. It's the inverse of 360 towards the end of last gen. This board is only for pc and Nintendo games
>>
>>337978526
>Most threads at any time are Sony threads compared to Nintendo/Microsoft/PC threads
You what?
>>
>>337959578
Hmmmmm Boy I wonder why people on /v/ like Nintendos children's games hmmm
>>
File: 1452565511239.jpg (22 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
1452565511239.jpg
22 KB, 500x403
>>337977330
>neither Oracle Zelda game
it keeps happening
>>
>>337978427
Not him but absolutely you shit eating cock smoker, atleast MGSV is a fucking game.
>>
>>337956931
>NSMBU is as shitty as the others
It is though (I wouldnt call the games shit). It's Luigi U that was different.
>3D World is bad
It's not outright bad but it's pretty underwhelming
It doesn't pass the 5 year rule though BTFO
>And you're starting to sink into the SM64 is dated meme. Cut it out.
It is senpai. It's still an amazing game but you can't tell me it isn't dated when Sunshine improved on the controls more than 10 years ago.

The rest of these I can agree with though.
>>
>>337964041
It's weird but it's true, Fawful works as an accessory to Cackletta.

M&L games do great female villains. They're on a tier with Gruntilda.
>>
>>337978835
They're false flags go check what's actually going on un those threads
>>
>>337956931
>senran and Persona are anything other than shit-tier dating sims
>smash is anything other than a shit-tier party game

worst /v/ opinions by far
>>
>>337956931
>PC GTA V is shit

>Runs like ass
>Matchmaking is half dead
>Filled with 12 year olds, or foreign cuntbags. Sometimes both
>Completely shallow and unbalanced
>FILLED with hackers because Cockstar don't know to how make anti-cheat
>Combat is bad, controls are clunky

t. guy with 700 hours.
>>
>>337956931
>traps are not straight
>>
>>337978990
>actual discussion is false flagging
Only false flagger here is you my friend.
>>
>>337957808
SS is short and simple, but plays well and is pretty fun.
>>
>>337978896
Oracles had good audio and visual design and general worldfeel, that's basically it. I remembered them fondly, but when I went back to replay them they were just less fun than LA.

"Oracles were best" is probably an example of the sort of opinion in the OP.
>>
>>337979171
Yeah sure
>>
File: 1461190888454.png (393 KB, 585x470) Image search: [Google]
1461190888454.png
393 KB, 585x470
Here's one

>Star Fox Zero is a bad game, fact.

I know people on here love to argue back and forth, but we had multiple daily threads reaching 500+ posts of people angry over a few things, then when the game came out there were people arguing on either side. People on here don't know when to quit and let people enjoy a fucking game. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the game but I can see why people wouldn't like it. But nobody ever leaves it at that here. No bygones be bygones. Someone always has to be correct. It makes talking about games fucking suck.
>>
BIS is on par with DT in how flawed they are but in different ways and I wouldn't call either worth playing unless you really like Browser for BIS, and PJ has the best gameplay that isn't SSS to carry it through the whatever story

Some Neptunia games are okay as games but I can't get into the characters and shit
>>
>>337980606
That's what all new releases are like on /v/, which is why I usually try and avoid threads on new games.

Besides, why would SFZ being bad be a shit opinion? It's mediocre imo, and most people who think SFZ is good usually haven't played a rail shooter outside of the Star Fox series. If anything, SFZ being good is a shit opinion senpai (although I don't think that myself).
>>
>Pokemon ORAS is some unbearable sin to vidya and the original RS, but XY is somehow an okay game
>>
>>337981572
Good lord the anon you replied to was right.
Someone has to be correct and force their opinion down their throat in this bullshit
>>
>>337974102
>/v/'a hard on for thinking every Nintendo fag is a nintendrone that thinks Nintendo can do no wrong really does piss me off.
I don't even partake in the consolewar shit but Nintendo fans tend to make excuses for their company and then completely dusregard the hypocrisy of it. They are also big on blindly defending things they don't understand (every nintendo fan I meet who defends amiibo is woefully ignorant about it)
>>
>>337964041
People literally hype the game because furry vore/weight gain

that is it
>>
>>337982113
>They are also big on blindly defending things they don't understand (every nintendo fan I meet who defends amiibo is woefully ignorant about it)
What exactly do you say to them anon?
>>
>Fallout 4 was bad
stop. Yeah the go to location and kill stuff is bad, but it's an immersive world, with engaging characters and a wonderful story.
Gameplay is top notch too
so just stop
nerds
>>
>>337982214
Only the truth, anon
>>
>>337981947
>implying that anon wasn't shoving his opinions down people's throats himself
He proved himself right by saying that disliking SFZ is a shit opinion.
Hell, I outright said that I didn't think SFZ being good was a shit opinion, so can you tell me where I'm trying to shove things down people's throats?
>>
>>337982393
The truth being?
>>
>Borderlands 2 is a good game if you ignore the shitty writing

Thanks Randy.
>>
>FF XIII is a bad game
>>
>>337982443
Besides, why would SFZ being bad be a shit opinion? It's mediocre imo, and most people who think SFZ is good usually haven't played a rail shooter outside of the Star Fox series. If anything, SFZ being good is a shit opinion senpai (although I don't think that myself).
You're purposely being contrarian.

He was saying that people need to stop bitching and play the game and that the general consensus here was that it was shit.
>>
>>337982462
That amiibo locks lots of meaningful content
>>
>>337982660
Such as?
>>
>>337982619
>You're purposely being contrarian.
How am I being contrarian? By disagreeing with him? Again, I didn't even say that I thought liking SFZ was a shit opinion.
>He was saying that people need to stop bitching and play the game and that the general consensus here was that it was shit.
>Here's one: Star fox Zero is a bad game, fact.
How is that not saying that thinking SFZ is bad is a shit opinion?
>>
>>337982660
No it doesn't.
The worst one is probably CNS the rest are negligible.
>>
>>337982791
Characters, dungeons, stages, items, weapons, abilities

>>337982975
>I know nothing about amiibo or its unlockables
>>
>>337983034
>Characters, dungeons, stages, items, weapons, abilities
Elaborate.
What makes them meaningful
>>
>>337983128
No thanks. That's as far as we go, anon
>>
>>337956931

No consoles are worth a damn, you could pay me $50 an hour to play console games and write 5 word reviews on them and I'd still call it "hard work".

PC GTAV is shit, its infested with hackers and rock star never gave a fuck.

Shit multiplayer gaming in general sucks balls because of fucking chinks and other non white degenerates cheating their asses off simply due to their nations never being noteworthy enough too comprehend sportsmanship.

I've honestly been told that I'm a fool for not wall hacking with an auto trigger aim bot, as if i was putting myself at a major disadvantage in not doing so.
>>
>>337983034
>Characters
Already covered CNS.
With Pokken you can unlock Shadow Mewtwo while playing. In fact the Amiibo card is only a temporary unlock.

>Dungeons
One reskinned dungeon that gives you a meaningless item in TP.

>Stages
I hope you aren't referring to the squares in MP10 with about five minutes of content.

>Items
>weapons
Splatoon I assume?
You do realise they're reskins and costumes with no specific abilities right?

>Abilities
I'm going to assume you mean the new Kirby game and UFO.
You are aware that you can unlock it without the use of amiibo right? Most games are like that.

None of these except CNS are meaningful or add to the game, they can barely be called content.
>>
>>337981881
What is acceptable in a new game a decade later may be unacceptable in a remake. I see no issue with this.
>>
>>337983227
Fair enough.
>>
>>337982320
>it's an immersive world, with engaging characters and a wonderful story.
>Gameplay is top notch too
Woah, now I'm convinced
>>
>>337983864
And yet people hold HG/SS as gods gift to gaming when they make similar if not worse mistakes.
>>
>>337956931
That one is true though.
>>
>>337978452
Fun is basically a synonym for good, saying "it's fun" when you're trying to explain why something is good is fucking stupid
>>
>>337983864
ORAS is a better designed game in every way than XY, so not really

Dissapointing because it could've been so much more, sure, but that doesn't stop they're much better games than the genuine shitfest that was XY
>>
File: 1456639570750.jpg (25 KB, 358x512) Image search: [Google]
1456639570750.jpg
25 KB, 358x512
>CoD is automatically shit in every context
>>
>>337977771
I like the way you think, even if I don't necessarily agree all the way. I think Rockstar deserves a bit more credit than "a series of missions" but I do feel there can be a gracefulness implemented to open world gameplay that is very seamless and beautiful. In an odd way, Animal Crossing GC comes to mind, despite it not being nearly the same. It's the ultimate way that a game can let the player decide the flow of the game.
>>
>>337984853
Thing is, CoD isn't a bad game it's just a bit generic.
Especially in the sea of brown and realistic worlds we're in now.
>>
>>337978950
Sunshine threw away essential physics from "useless" moves such as the air kick and the long jump.
>>
>>337984853
I'm not even sure if /v/ is like that any more, just 15 year old babbies.
Talk all the shit you want about COD but at least its responsive and has the tightest controls out of any console shooter.
>>
>tlou isn't a good game
>cinematic games are inherently bad unless they're japanese (MGS)

Literally kill yourselves mentally stunted manchildren and go back to your Maryyoos and other infantile garbage.
>>
>>337984853

CoD is responsible for the casualization of FPS games and other games in the market.
>>
>>337985296
>implying it's only Nintendrones that think that shit is terrible
Play a real game Sonyshit.
>>
>>337985379
What relevance does that have to what I said?
>>
>>337985379
This. This is why we all hate CoD, faggots.
>>
>>337985206
the spin jump was a psuedo-replacement for the air kick
you can still cover a lot of distance in a jump if you're sliding on water.
>>
File: you did it.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
you did it.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>>337984002
my man
>>
>>337957271
Mass Attack has nothing to it and is super stale.

The Wii U Rainbow Curse (I forget the title) was a worst version of Canvas Curse.

I liked Squeek Squad so I can be against it.
>>
>>337985647
>the spin jump was a psuedo-replacement for the air kick
That's not how the air kick is used, look at speedrunners.

And Sunshine has a lot going against it other than dropped moves--mostly fludd what could have been fun platforming segments. Fludd should last 1/3 the length it does.
>>
>>337985467

Never implied only nintendrones think that. By "infantile garbage" I mean videogames for kids whose only point is the gameplay. If I want gameplay I play a fighting game or other competitive game where my time mastering the game is rewarded, only autistic manchildren play overly complicated single player games with "muh gameplay", this can include grand strategy games or old crpgs.
>>
>>337957271
I think Avalanche, Triple Deluxe, Squeak Squad, Dreamland 2, RTD, Rainbow Curse and Epic Yarn are all unremarkable and not worth anyone's time when there's so many excellent games people don't touch. Go play baldur's gate or something. Never settle for average.
>>
>>337986629
You do realize omitting the "Maryyoos" part of your post doesn't mean it didn't happen right?
>>
>>337987028

It's just a general term that implies any singleplayer game which focuses on gameplay alone. Off course I don't expect a mentally stunted manchildren to understand abstract thinking.
>>
>>337983996
I'm not intimately familiar with any pokemon game post Gen 4 so you'd have to go over that for me. But from what little I've seen, the visual redesigns of the player, gym and evil team characters is dramatically more divergent in ORAS than HGSS.

>>337984669
Could be, never played either. You know game design alone isn't everything about the experience.
>>
>>337969014
Saints Row 2 is bad because it locks you out of story progression because you aren't at a high enough level to proceed. The mechanics are okay, but movement could have been tighter. It's all around a poor GTA clone in a time of no GTA games.
>>
>>337986807
I'd argue that Dreamland 2 is remarkable thanks to the introduction of the partners and that fantastic OST. Then again, 3 improved upon the partner system and was BEAUTIFUL.
>>
>>337985102
Thanks. I'm not very familiar with any Rockstar product, I've messed about on RDR and one of the GTAs but never enough to stick, in spite of a brother and a best friend who are gaga for them. There's clearly something right in these games, but it didn't tickle me and it's not just "explorability". I find nothing enjoyable about the two Elder Scrolls games I've played or watched, Oblivion and Skyrim, for perhaps an even more intense version of the reasoning I outlined before.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (14 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
14 KB, 190x190
>>337956931
>Street fighter after 2 is good
>Last of Us is a innovative game
>Dark Souls is too hard
>GTA after 4 is great
>Post Nintendo is doing strong
>People supporting the after christ that is BattlEAfront
>Turok 2008 is awful

PROVE ME WRONG FAGGOT
>>
>>337987276
>It's just a general term
A general term that no one uses. Well, until you used it here.
Most people would have just stopped at "infantile agenda".

"Off" course I'm talking to someone who's been taken in by the cinematic degradation so I don't expect you to understand what it's done to this industry.
>>
>>337987943
>Post Nintendo is doing strong
Post-what Nintendo?
>>
File: video games.png (50 KB, 660x487) Image search: [Google]
video games.png
50 KB, 660x487
>Censorship is okay
>>
>>337956931
>WoW is worth playing
>WoW was EVER worth playing

I remember when /v/ made fun of people who played WoW. Now it's "nostalgic".
>>
>>337987943
>>GTA after 4 is great
Does 5 still do the sliding punch thing?

Also
>Post Nintendo
Post what exactly?
>>
>>337988069
>>337988104

I'm sorry anon. I was consumed by rage. I mean Nintendo after the Wii.
>>
>>337987715
I'm glad you could acknowledge its merit despite it not connecting with you. For what it's worth, I think it really does come to the small things when it comes to wanting feeling engrossed and immersed in a game. Personally, I can't stand any Elder Scrolls game or Fallout game and I think it's something to do with the first person mode, with a third person mode that doesn't feel remotely as natural as something like Red Dead. And I think it's because I look for small touches like idle animations and miscellaneous actions and such. Just the walking animations in third person for any bethesdas take me out of the game.

But then again I'm also sick of all things fantasy/medieval settings, so that might be it, but it doesn't quite explain fallout.

I would go further into this and revise this a bit, but I'm fucking wasted and I'm already rambling. Just know that I totally understand someone not digging Red Dead. Rockstar games always focus on refining things on a grand scale, while simultaneously letting simple things--in terms of deisng (especially in missions)--go right over their heads.
>>
>>337988204
Ah, well I'm not going there.
I know what's coming if I do.
>>
>>337987943
>Street fighter after 2 is good
Can we at least get an explanation for this?
>>
>>337988026

Just admit you're a mentally stunted retard that takes everything literally and can't understand ambiguity, no need to sugar coat it.
>>
>>337988670
Speak for yourself there bucko, most people tend to be a little more subtle when shitposting.
>>
>Undertale is a SJW visual novel walking sim movie-game nu-male propaganda furry fanfiction rip-off and also it killed my mom and raped my dog
>>
>>337956931
>Valve is a bro tier "developer."

They don't even develop games anymore and don't even adequately keep up on the one service they run which makes them all their shekels. They don't listen to the consumers because they know that other then GOG and Origin (Origin being a fucking joke,) they have no real competition in digital distribution. So they do fuck people over because they can. It takes a category 5 shitstorm to get them to budge on anything. Whats more, their rabid fanboys are worse than fucking Muslims when it comes to defending them.

Valve is worse than EA.

People who kiss dry hump the ground Gabe waddles on are worse than Valve.
>>
File: 1445909404273.png (1 MB, 1958x1369) Image search: [Google]
1445909404273.png
1 MB, 1958x1369
Anything and everything to do with fighting games on this god forsaken board.
>>
>>337989089
who the hell says this anymore? They can suck my dick. Their VR tech is neat though, even if it looks like it's not worth it
>>
>>337988374
God, the animations in Bethesda games. Why bother going to the pedantic effort of rendering entire worlds down the pointless detail of individual knives and forks if the humans aren't even going to move, enunciate and act like humans? The overall result ventures deep into the uncanny valley.

Whereas Shadow of the Colossus, now that is a game with gorgeous animations. The creators go over it in some detail in interviews - it's just the right amount of specific routines and free-flow physics so that each entity moves with deliberation but without jarring precision, and so that a small range of pragmatic core animations bend and adapts naturally to any situation in the game.

As for fantasy/medieval settings, there's a certain type that emerged in the 80's/90's I think, which subsided in the early 00's for the Lord of the Rings style (technically the precursor to the brown and grey trend, but actually balanced and without bloom) only to later re-emerge and co-opt the worst of the LotR look (aka The Hobbit look). It's like modern fantasy is optimized to look blandly offensive - not a typo, just gauche and ugly for the sake of it.

I ought to turn the machine off and get some sleep, but I'll stick around for 10 more minutes if you've a reply. Good rambling in any case wasted-non.
>>
>>337989179
jesus
>>
>>337989002
>Undertale is a visual novel walking sim movie

could anyone argue otherwise
>>
>>337989253
Just go to threads which advocate playing the "superior FTP" objective based team FPS Team Fortress 2 on the day Overwatch is released. I too thought the people who worshiped Valve had to be dead until I scrolled through one of those.
>>
>>337989926
what a bunch of dipshits.
>>
>>337989089
stop supporting/playing their garbage, there's nothing left for them to create really, first person puzzle games are the realm of indie shlock now, but a
linux console should be the last nail in the coffin
>>
>>337989902

Eh. People loved Persona 4 for being the same shit, just with more hard boss fights to remind you it isnt a waifu simulator
>>
>>337989926
It's always a reaction to a competitor that suddenly solidifies and motivates tribalism. The type of person who opines along these lines would be shitting up some other game's thread until that excuse arose.
>>
>>337957531
what if a console launches with 5 worth while games?
>>
Literally what

What the fuck is a Kirby game
What the fuck is NSMGDJKH or whatever
Who still cares about Mario, this is 2016, not 1986
Wii U - topkek, there are people that still buy Wiis?
Wtf is Neptunia
What on earth is Senran
GTA V was shit in general, PC version obviously less than console but still shit

Like do we even live on the same planet, anon? Who the fuck cares about any of the stuff you mentioned, topkek.
>>
>>337990814
Well then you have a guaranteed purchase then don't you?
>>
>>337962082
You mean the online mode? The online is cancer. Singleplayer is where it is at boy.
>>
>>337990814
We call that a Dreamcast
Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.