[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that fort coming along?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: dwarfsx0.jpg (7 KB, 211x228) Image search: [Google]
dwarfsx0.jpg
7 KB, 211x228
How's that fort coming along?
>>
>>337956650
terribly, I've not played Fort Mode in years.
I'm also gonna wait at least a month for all the bug patches of current version to be done and the latest version of Drawf Therapist to be out before I even start.
>>
>>337956942

I can't even remember how to properly dig a well.
>>
>>337957082
I never even managed that, I always used to divert rivers and make a waterfall instead.
>>
>>337957269
That sounds more difficult than making a well to me. I just built an underground pool, diverted river water into it until full and then built a well above the pool.
>>
>>337957269

I can't really rely on that on my current fort because the rivers freeze during winter, so I've been trying to find a way to secure an underground water source without opening myself up to forgotten beasts and other cave creatures.
>>
File: 1462555371298.jpg (27 KB, 485x343) Image search: [Google]
1462555371298.jpg
27 KB, 485x343
>download out of boredom
>can't get a hang of anything
>quit after 15 minutes
>never really wanted to learn how to play the game by reading a guide
>delete
>repeat once every few months

I wish I had more attention span for it, I just mostly learn games as I go but in this case it has not worked out in my favor.
>>
>>337957538
Yeah but a waterfall is better because its watersupply, instant cleaning and gives happy thoughts.
Or at least it was when I last played.
I used to build my whole fort around a central waterfall that everyone had to go near to get to anywhere else.
I also put it in a hall and master engraved it for maximum happy.
>>
>>337957082

I always say I'll dig a proper cistern underground, then I just dig a channel to the river and built a well on the surface so everyone vomits when they come up for water and see natural light.
>>
>>337957601

Forgotten Beasts can't destroy a hatch on a Z-level directly above them. So just build a staircase going straight down.
>>
>>337958165

That's good to know.

I wish I was good at this game so I could do all the fun magma related projects a-la Roomcarnage,
>>
Pretty much all the nobles in my Dwarf Civ are all goblins. Save for the King in my fort.
>>
File: clever.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
clever.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>337956942
I've been saying this for 3 years now. I'll get around to it eventually right?
>>
I was salty as fuck that toady was ignoring fortress mode for the garbage adventure mode. Is this update finally playable fortress making in adventure mode?
>>
>>337956650
First aboveground fort. Apart from murdering a couple werebeasts its been pretty quiet. Kind of surprising considering my dwarf civ is currently at war with the goblins.
>>
File: 1462512123533.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462512123533.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>337956942
>start in terrifying biome with high savagery
>manage to get three dwarves underground, the rest are killed by giant, re-animated, slavering eagles
>one of the yaks underground dies
>a re-animated left yak ear hair bludgeons my captain of the guard to death
>he re-animated and kills the carpenter, who re-animates

>only a miner left
>eviscerates the zombies with his practical mining pick weapon
>have him slowly hollow out a massive mausoleum underground several z-levels high with a sloped roof and other subtle hints of georgian architecture
>hordes of migrants dying and re-animating outside the hatch into the mausoleum
>he spends his days farming plump helmet and drinking plump helmet beer
>>
>>337961105
isn't it still a thing that other civilizations won't come to attack your fort? i mean, i usually only fuck with the elves, so i don't know if that's the problem or elves are just gigantic pussies
>>
>>337960981

Job Manager was overhauled so you can now give orders like, whenever there's less than 50 booze stockpiled, make more booze.
>>
>>337961105
>dragon comes
>game ends
>>
File: Bane_TDKR3.jpg (49 KB, 470x706) Image search: [Google]
Bane_TDKR3.jpg
49 KB, 470x706
>noble orders 600 useless shit i'll never need while walking over liver-operated moving machinery

Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>337961182

>read Roomcarnage
>get inspired and try to settle on a glacier
>within the first week a yeti appears and wrecks the cart and attacks anyone who tries to stockpile shit
>go underground, find a little place filled with mud
>claim it for a farm, start putting up walls
>blind cave ogres just waltz into my fort and destroy all my workshops
>the yeti ends up slaughtering everyone

Probably the quickest I've seen one of my forts go down.

>>337961452

If you piss off other civilizations (e.g. attack human and dwarven caravans) they'll get pissed and attack you. Goblins and Kobolds are always at war with you, however.
>>
>>337956650
I got attacked by a wereape pretty early in the game
My 2 best fighters got bitten and transformed before I could lock them in a room and they just killed everybody in my fortress

fun
>>
>>337961641
Damn I've never seen a yeti, I also don't know how to survive in a glacier, don't all the dwarves die of cold? are there even trees and vegetation
>>
>>337962231

You HAVE to go underground as soon as possible. There's no above-ground vegetation at all, so the best thing to do is load up on seeds, dig into a cavern layer and pray the game smiles upon you long enough to erect walls or pray you don't have cavern dwellers to begin with.

As long as you don't spend too much time on the surface (there's nothing of note up there anyway) you shouldn't freeze to death, but I think you have to dig deep enough to reach stone or you'll still freeze.
>>
>>337962584
is there soil in the cavern layer? lol
>>
>>337963101

You have to find a patch of mud (or create it, if you're lucky enough to find liquid water) to grow in the stone layers.
>>
Is LNP out for the new version yet ?
I might pick it up again
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.