[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: witcher2.ee.01a.lg.jpg (145 KB, 978x550) Image search: [Google]
witcher2.ee.01a.lg.jpg
145 KB, 978x550
I've had Witcher 2 and 3 in my backlog for a while now. So after hearing all the praise this series has gotten, I've decided to finally start the game (have to skip the first Witcher since it was never released on consoles.)

I'm really loving the world, characters and the story so far. I haven't put the game down for the past 10 hours now, but I have some faults with it.

The combat seems really dumb. Its basically "Spam A or X to win." Then there's the advanced side of combat with potions, spells, skill trees, etc.....all of which I've yet to even bother with since I've been able to mash my way through the game. I'm on chapter 2 now.

Another thing I don't like is the way you get around from area to area. How come you have to constantly go through a load screen every time you enter a door that leads to an area that's already loaded? Also I hate when games only let you jump down ledges that have action commands. So many times I've seen an area that's only a three foot drop away, yet it will make you walk all the way around the map just to get down, since you can't drop off. Navigation feels very constricted.

Also the camera seems to get to close to the character at times, making looking around indoors annoying. Other than that, it still seems like a decent game, and I hear Witcher 3 is the best of the three.

Does Witcher 3 open the world more and remove pointless loading times?
>>
>Spam A or X to win

GOTYAY
>>
>The combat seems really dumb. Its basically "Spam A or X to win."
>Then there's the advanced side of combat with potions, spells, skill trees, etc.....
>all of which I've yet to even bother with
>>
fuck off
>>
File: Tw2_journal_Foltest.png (107 KB, 247x338) Image search: [Google]
Tw2_journal_Foltest.png
107 KB, 247x338
>>337946840
>The combat seems really dumb. Its basically "Spam A or X to win." Then there's the advanced side of combat with potions, spells, skill trees, etc.....all of which I've yet to even bother with since I've been able to mash my way through the game. I'm on chapter 2 now.

Which difficulty are you playing on? If you're playing below hard, take it up to hard, it's way too easy otherwise.

Dark is just dumb though, the game is still not that challenging, 'cept for when you sometimes get's instakilled by backstab from an emergin Nekker Warrior. The additional armor sets also just fucked the otherwise well designed equipment progression.

It's not an amazing combat system and it's got some other wonky design, but it's atleast decent if you play on hard, and the atmosphere, characters and writing make up for a lot of the shitty design.
>>
>Does Witcher 3 open the world more and remove pointless loading times?

Oh yes, in fact it opens it up so much that if you're anything like me you'll miss the way W2 had it because Witcher 3 is like Slav Skyrim
>>
>>337946840
That eye mod is disgusting.
>>
I wish they stuck with the uglier Geralt look

he's not supposed to be as handsome as he is in 3
>>
I've always found the pathfinding of NPCs to be terrible. They can never walk in a straight line. Always stuttering.
>>
>>337948558
he wasn't as ugly as he was in witcher 2, in the books either. All the sorceresses want to bang him. Witcher 1 had a pretty good balance.
>>
>>337947471
this potions/bombs and signs are they only way to make the combat fun if u insist on using sword only u might as well play DMC or something like that.
>>
>>337949728
shit, i didn't realize how weirdly structured that reply was
>>
>>337949728
In Witcher 1 he looks like a fucking corpse
>>
>>337949960
IDIOT
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.