[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pretty much the spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead >/v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: A.jpg (71 KB, 295x338) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
71 KB, 295x338
>Pretty much the spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead
>/v/ hates it
Why?
>>
>>337944163
bad game
>>
>>337944356
Confirmed for not playing it
>>
File: diddely dead.png (115 KB, 736x390) Image search: [Google]
diddely dead.png
115 KB, 736x390
>>337944440
You mean like everyone else?
>>
>>337944163
>>337944356
It's a fine game fucked up by two things
1) Totally greedy and stupid pricing system
It wanted to be both F2P and B2P. Why does a 60$ game have gameplay microtransactions?
It should have been a 30$ game with everything just there for you. It would have sold great and there'd have been far less complaints.
2) The basic design made people unhappy. So you have the monster trying to run around and feed until he gets big enough to wipe the hunters. The issue is that since the gameplay means that the final level is a reward for avoiding the hunters, it needs to be very powerful. Powerful enough to be worth the effort of the boring gameplay up until that point. And that feels like total shit for the hunters since they feel like they're losing just be playing the game.

In my opinion, the way the game should have been design is that the monster only gets evolve points for hurting hunters. He can kill wildlife for health and armour, but evolving requires conflict with the hunters.
That way the hunters feel like they're involved with the process of the hunter's evolution.
>>
>>337944163
call me oldschool but it still lets a bitter taste in my mouth when a dev releases day one a shit ton of DLCs (cosmetics and shit) alongside with the actual game. that's what they did with evolve and that's why i looked the other way when it got released
>>
>game not even out yet
>$200 worth of DLC
>game build around more DLC
>>
>>337944163
Launched at full price for minimal content, you need friends and good communication to play it, for most players it's hard to come back from a disadvantageous situation, the hunters have dick all to do until the monster decides to fight
>>
the devs completely shit the bed in terms of publicity with the dlc thing. that lead to it having no players. no players means no one else will want to play as well, even if the game is good.
>>
File: evolve.jpg (2 MB, 2086x2765) Image search: [Google]
evolve.jpg
2 MB, 2086x2765
>TRUE VALUE $134.99!!!
>>
Not op, but i find it hilarious how everyone only points out DLC when this game is mention, as if they didn't even play it.

DLC was made after the game released, if you don't want it don't buy it, the game was fine and solid on it's own.
>>
>>337945802
No it wasn't, it had day one dlc
>>
>>337945802
>DLC was made after the game released
Really negro?
Because there was a shit ton available at launch.
>>
>>337944440
>>337945440
Kek
>>
>>337945443
You're on point with that second issue. My biggest gripe with the game was how easy it was to just avoid the hunters when playing as the monster. Not just prior to getting caught, but even when you actually DO get put into the arena, there is absolutely zero incentive for the monster to actually engage the hunters unless you're feeling confident you can take one of them down. Abusing the terrain and just stalling for time made it boring as hell for hunters because they really couldn't do anything to the monster unless he wanted to be a good sport, or if he was just retarded. The pace of the game is entirely in the hands of the monster, if you want to reach level 3 and just wipe the hunters out easily then you could do that with very little effort. Harpoons and all those things didn't accomplish jack shit.

Also, loading times were fucking atrocious, it was not unusual to have a session where you had more time looking at loading screens and scripted events than actual gameplay.
>>
>>337944163
Because the only fun part of L4D was the coop campaign, not this dumb versus shit.
>>
>>337945681
>>337944163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4RwGwQslM
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.