[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After MN9 is released, what's next for Kenji "Father
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 1463040041111[1].jpg (43 KB, 614x319) Image search: [Google]
1463040041111[1].jpg
43 KB, 614x319
After MN9 is released, what's next for Kenji "Father of mega Man" Inafune?
>>
Excuses in interviews about why MN9 didn't take off like he hoped
>>
>>337943027
>MNo9 anime
>MNo9 manga
>MNo9 bodypillow Kickstarter
>Red Ash game
>Red Ash anime
>Red Ash manga
>MNo10 Kickstarter
>Red Ash live action licensing deal
>Battle Network knockoff Kickstarter

The guy is all about the licensing deals. He just wants to make a million-dollar franchise and license it out to watch the money roll in.
>>
Recore, I guess? He'll probably keep trying to push the "Inafune Brand" like he wants, even if his name is actually poison after his kickstarter fuckups. He might try and shift blame over to someone else.
>>
Red Ash, I assume.
>>
Arigato con-sama
>>
Suicide.
>>
>>337943479

And.... you need a good popular game FIRST for any of that. MN9 looks like it will be a big collective thud.
>>
>>337943027
Laugh into the faces of the investors and kikestarters while rolling in mad dosh.
>>
BLACKED
>>
>>337944268
>you need a good popular game FIRST for any of that
Tell that to Inafune. Or did you miss the MNo9 CG animation Kickstarter before the game came out, and then the Red Ash Kickstarter running right next to a Red Ash anime/manga Kickstarter.
>>
>>337943479
>Battle Network knockoff Kickstarter

Yeah, that's the only way I'll be giving any money to the con man
>>
>>337944792
Yeah, and tell us which ones were successfully funded by the public?
>>
>>337944530
>while rolling in mad dosh

Do you think Inafune took a personal check for 4 million? Most of that would be spent on game development. 4 million seems like a lot to us plebs, but for a game that's NOTHING.

Inafune was banking on big game sales and licensing. As creator of the character and copyright holder this is where he'd make his money.

If MN9 fails to suceed, Inafune's career is screwed.
>>
>>337944930
You know it's going to happen. We've seen a classic Mega Man and Legends knockoff already. The only other thing it might be would be a MMZ knockoff next.

I'm not sure why you'd support it, though. Most likely, it would say "spiritual sequel to Battle Network" but end up as something more like Star Force.
>>
>>337947087
>You know it's going to happen. We've seen a classic Mega Man and Legends knockoff already. The only other thing it might be would be a MMZ knockoff next.

Azure Gunvolt is pretty much the Zero/ZX successor.
>>
>>337947087
His Legends kickstarter was a spectacular failure, though. I'm not sure he would be so ready and willing to try again.
>>
Just give me another Soul Sacrifice con man.
>>
>>337943027
>Kenji "Father of mega Man" Inafune
I hate this meme.
>>
>>337947351
Wait, they managed to fund the animation but not the actual game?
>>
>tight budget
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>337947630

Some Chinese company jumped in and funded the whole game.
>>
Hopefully a Soul Sacrifice sequel. It would be much better than reminding us that MM is dead
>>
>>337947630
Well, they failed to fund it through Kickstarter, at least. The animation required far far less money to succeed. The game floundered about for a while, and then when Inafune announced some shady Chinese company would be publishing the game and it would be made regardless, loads of people backed out the campaign lost like 4000 dollars or something and eventually failed.
>>
>>337943027
Thank you con man
>>
>>337943027
> MN9 is released
kek
>>
>>337947521

I use it sarcastically.
>>
>>337944930
Don't be fooled by it. Most people who funded MN9 did so because they were expecting a proper successor to classic Megaman.

If by any chance he makes a Battle Network knockoff, it'll probably be another delayed mess that ends up being a mediocre game.
>>
>>337949750
>>
>>337950069
>>337949750

The game is done. They were waiting for the 3DS and VITA ports. Since those aren't happening, they are just going to release them later. And it is going to be released to be the release game for some Android handheld system.
>>
>>337949780
Oh, Okay.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.