[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: mgsv_e3_06.jpg (204 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mgsv_e3_06.jpg
204 KB, 1280x720
So how many more months till /v/ contrarians realize this game was actually a lot of fun and it becomes acceptable to openly like it again?
>>
It was good, but it could have been so much much better.
>>
It was fun. That doesn't mean it isn't still a shit metal gear game
>>
It's an objectively good game but had trailers that literally no game could have ever lived up to
>>
It was ok. There still a lot it could have improved on
>>
>>337939340
When MGS VI is released.
>>
>>337939340
It was pretty reddit and normie tier
>>
>>337939848
That's not even a valid argument, try again.
>>
File: 1463276115746.jpg (94 KB, 538x428) Image search: [Google]
1463276115746.jpg
94 KB, 538x428
>>337939340
i think that the game being not fun was never on the table, rather it could have being way more fun, its an open world game, and there is not much to do desu
>>
>>337939340
Open world killed it. Before the environments were well thought out but now it's one tent after the other. Literally everything was done better in GZ.
>>
>>337939340
Speaking as someone that went in blind with no trailers and played every mainline MGS game on release I think it was great. The story was a little weak but the gameplay was better than normal.

Overall it's quite good. I think a lot of the flack it gets was from people making this perfect game based on the trailers they saw.

All MGS games are great but flawed and this one is no exception. Every MGS game has had a backlash like this except 1.

2 was bitching about raiden and the story. 3 was bitching about how difficult it was to control (pre 3rd person), 4 was calling it a movie.
>>
When the average poster on /v/ has V as their first (and most likely only) MGS game. If you don't actually like the real MGS games you'll love V.
>>
it was really fuckin boring
>>
It was fun the first 15 hours. Then after doing the same mission for the next 45 is when I realized it was mediocre.
>>
>>337940948
I really hope you're not suggesting that the only people who enjoyed MGSV are those who never played any other games in the series.
>>
Most people don't dislike it because it's not fun, they dislike it because it's shit. The story has almost nothing to do with the MGS story. The only thing it did was explain how Big Boss (Venom) appeared again in MG2. That's all. Nobody gave a fuck. Nobody was losing sleep all these years wondering how Big Boss popped up in MG2.

There is no ending. The game is unfinished so the tiny scraps of story never get tied together in the end. Rename the game, remove the reused flashbacks to the ending of GZ, rename Paz, and it can be a standalone game telling its own story that has nothing to do with MGS. And no ending.
>>
>>337941397
We also didn't need peacewalker or portable ops story wise. The game is fairly wrapped up with just 1-4.

>>337940948
If you like Subsistence and 4 then you don't actually like the real MGS games. MGS is top down with a soloton radar. Anything else is just Metal Gears of Solid War.
>>
The thing I hate most about Phantom Pain is that it's so close to being a godlike game, the foundation is there and with a little more time in the oven and getting someone smarter than Kojima to make decisions would have probably made something timeless.
>>
I liked the open world sneaking around stealing cargo containers, and the whole thing would have benefited from an actual OSP mode. Story was dogshit though.
>>
>>337941636
>using the soloton radar
Nice try trying to seem hardcore and old school.
>>
>>337941636
PW and PO at least tell a story. They were basically filler games to get more money but they made sense with (most) of the established story. They fit in and revealed more info about characters fans recognized and cared about. That's what TPP was unable to accomplish.
>>
>>337942216
Everyone played their first time through with the radar. Likely less than 5% of the people who ever played it did a radarless run.

I was less trying to build myself up and more shitting on him. I played MGS on release and was in love but I was a retarded 9 year old and neck snapped my way through the game my first 3 or 4 playthroughs.
>>
Kaz was the only character who wasnt a complete damp rag.
>>
>>337942371
I honestly didn't care about any of the characters in either of those games except BB. Kaz never really appealed to me, I preferred Huey being relayed through Otacon's perspective and I think that PW in particular kind of jumped the shark in relation to The Boss.

That grave salute will always hold a special place in my heart and I'll always remember how long it took me to pull the trigger that first time but I didn't want PW to shit on her memory.
>>
the setting is so fucking dull. I would kill for the same engine used on a container ship and shadow Moses setting.
>>
>>337942816
I remember hearing about a fan making shadow Moses in Unreal 4. I think Konami made him stop but he put out a few videos of his progress before that happened.
>>
>>337939340
Side ops became repetitive too fast. The latter half of the game had some fantastic main missions. Wamping the fuck around with mister Ed or the pupper was great. Such a lust for roaming. Cranking tunes of the era with a custom soundtrack. No Biggu Bossu was upsetting desu.
>>
I hated it's entire aesthetic. Every menu, sound effect, piece of HUD, 90% of the lines delivered, the music, etc. All extremely fucking boring. No charm or style behind anything. Just this stock parts feeling on every screen. The briefings or whatever at the end of missions is what convinced me this was not the Metal Gear Solid game I was hype for.

Gameplay wise, open world, no mission variety, and mobile game tier time walls ruined it. Fuck Kojima for falling for the empty landscapes are good meme.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.