[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nvidia won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: battlefield 4 4k.png (22 KB, 650x360) Image search: [Google]
battlefield 4 4k.png
22 KB, 650x360
The GTX 1080 reviews are out.

>http://www.anandtech.com/show/10326/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-preview
>>
>>337932218
>>>/g/
>>
>>337932218
>15 frames more than my 980 Ti
No thanks
>>
>>337932218
>directX 11
>No async compute
Deprecated on release.
>>
>>337932218
> Bough 780 back in the day
> literally no games to play or even use half of what it can do
>>
>>337932218
>the new GPU is faster than the old one
>HOLY SHIT WOW LOL NVIDIA WINS RIP AMD
desu senpai you're retarded
>>
File: 4kincapable.png (20 KB, 649x357) Image search: [Google]
4kincapable.png
20 KB, 649x357
Seems like a 4k capable solo card is still quite ways off.
>>
>>337932218
It's gonna cost $600 and get destroyed by vega in october.

In the meantime, polaris 10 is going to be the top seller.
>>
>>337932542
this, to be honest, while not bad, my current hardware is "decent", I'm not switching untile they double the framerate compare to the 980.
>>
I wonder how good the 1060 and even 1050 will be. I bet they'll BTFO of the 300 series, although we'll see how good Polaris is.
>>
>>337933336
GTA are pretty crappily programmed though. I'd wait for games made with 4k in mind.
>>
New AAA games are mostly shit anyway. I bought a 980 last year and played a whopping 3 games where the extra performance was necessary over my old 680.

I'm more interested in seeing what the 1070 can accomplish though GTX 1080 will be over $1000 in australia.
>>
I'll get a nVidia card when they stop being faggots and support FreeSync. I'm hoping the PS4.5 and Xbox One and a Half support it making adaptive sync displays even more common.
>>
>not hbm like was rumored months ago
>another rebrand supercharged previous gen card

JUST

Also can't wait for Polaris $299 card that will be on par with this 1080 trash. lmao.

AMD's $399-499 card will destroy this 1080 memer crap, watch the reviewers try to undermine it when it happens.
>>
>>337933816
>I'll get a nVidia card when they stop being faggots and support FreeSync
They won't, they'll instead push g-sync
>>
>>337933680
If a card can handle the crazy shit that happens in a gta at 4k 60fps, then that would be a real 4k card. BF4 came out in 2013, not at all indicative to what the standards should be.
>>
>>337932218
m8

Nvidia has been winning since the TNT2, they've pissed over ATI then, and they piss over them now.
>>
>>337934012
>die shrink
>rebrand
what
do you even know what that word means
>>
>>337934012
Every report about Poolaris has cited that they are focusing on efficiency over performance, best case scenario is them performing on par with the 2xx series.
>>
Guess I'll wait for the 1080ti then
>>
>>337934012
HBM will be used for the Ti version next year. Even AMD will use GDDR5 for their upcoming non flagship cards.

And don't hold your breath for Polaris, it will not be a Pascal killer. It will simply be good competition.
>>
>>337934141

yeah lets pretend AMD saying their mid range would beat the 980ti was all made up.

Nvidia on suicide watch
>>
>>337934021
the thing is that since GTA wasn't pushed that much in its time the code isn't optimized to high res display and focus on other things from its time. You will get games better and more beautiful than it on 4k that will run better simply because dev effort focus will be different.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.