[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Vbtitle.png (786 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Vbtitle.png
786 KB, 1280x1024
>>
Shame Fallout died with F2. I would love a sequel.
>>
Forget it, It's dead

MOVE ON!
>>
>>337923884
Look at Tactics and tell me that again. If they thought that was an acceptable game to launch I fear to think what they might do to 3.
>>
>>337923797
I stopped playing F1 cause it was such a cake walk if you played the evil route.

>sell out that guy in the beginning for mad caps
>use caps for guns and ammo
>go to next major city and use your guns and ammo to join the criminal underworld for an obscene amount of caps
>use these caps to become to the most decked out man in the wasteland
>lay waste to literally everything and get on a steamroll that can't be stopped

is this fixed in F2?
>>
>>337924168
I am accepting of spin offs. Might be autism but I get my panties in a twist over games that feel "obviously" like a spin off getting a main title number, but am totally fine with spin offs in general. For instance: Final Fantasy Tactics is fine, Final Fantasy 11 triggers me.
>>
>>337924292
try being a slaver in F2, you're fucked
>>
>>337924397
I was more referring to the fact that Tactics launched in a bug ridden broken mess that felt like it was rushed out of production 3/4 finished. It shows a production team in dire straits.
>>
>>337923797
Van Buren is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
>>
>>337923797
>we will never see Joshua Graham or Ulysses in their original, unadulterated Van Buren rendition
>>
>>337924397
But in FFT's case, the disgrace is for such a good game to be part of such shit franchise.
It should drop the "Final Fantasy" just be called "War of the Lions" or something.
>>
>>337923797
F
>>
>>337924574
I was completely blind to this angle and did not consider it.

Since this is all just pissing into the wind with idle wishing, I still stand by my sentiment. It's a shame F3 was never made in the ideal sense that I maintain in my head.

Compared to where Fallout actually went, I'd honestly have preferred the IP just be left to rot. Bethesda didn't need the Fallout name to take their open world adventure dungeon crawler to a post apocalyptic future setting.
>>
>>337925187
But then we wouldn't have gotten New Vegas
>>
>get to final area
>can't get a good ending you HAVE to nuke somebody
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
Remember
Not only did Battlefront die with this
but Free Radical and Timesplitters too
>>
File: 1452306712419.jpg (45 KB, 315x308) Image search: [Google]
1452306712419.jpg
45 KB, 315x308
>>337926979
thanks for the reminder
>>
>>337926376
But now it wouldn't hurt even more knowing we'll never get FO4-equivalent of NV.
>>
Whats wrong with Fallout Tactics?
>>
>>337928856
It's just good enough that people remember it exists

Unlike Brotherhood of Steel
>>
>>337923797
Glad its dead, game would've been shit from what was known about it.
>>
>>337923797
>play movies
>it would have come bundled with the Uncharted series
Bethesda are truly the Hilters of gaming.
>>
How much of Van Buren actually made it into 3 and NV?
>>
>>337923797
It looks really bad and they have to put so much more effort into the graphics and shit that they'll sacrifice writing and character balancing
>>
>>337929403
It's mostly references and they're pretty much all in New Vegas
>>
>>337929403
The "release the cleansing virus to save humanity" in 3
Ceasar, Legion, Big Empty, Hoover Dam, NCR vs. BoS, New Canaan, Ulysses and Joshua in NV.
>>
>>337930346
Also "Stop the Nukes" in Lonesome Road a bunch of other, smaller references to things like Denver being dog city and the Blackfoots being the first tribe of the Legion
>>
>>337923797
>REMINDS US ALL OF WHAT WE COULD HAVE BEEN
>WHAT COULD HAVE BEEEEEN
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.