[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher Blood/Wine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
Every thread about the new expansion has a lott'a people gushing about Regis and how he's back. Talking as someone who's played all the games but never read the books, could anyone explain what makes this so awesome?

I understand that

>He's a vampire
>He got killed by Villefortz for some reason
>Geralt then killed the guy who killed him
>He's a massive bro

What makes him such a bro? Why does everyone love him so much? What's his schtick?
>>
>>337916130
He's a very educated amiable higher vampire who doesn't drink blood at all. He's also a good friend of Geralt.
>>
File: 111.jpg (134 KB, 400x591) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
134 KB, 400x591
>>337916130
One of the best characters in the books. Im glad, that CDPR are reviving him.
>>
>>337916925
>>337916747

Right, but what did he do that makes him so likeable? Why is he so friendly with Geralt, what's their story?
>>
>>337918092
read le book
>>
>>337918092
Basically he was the reason Geralt started to stop giving a crap about whether someone's a human, elf, zombie, or baba yaga, as long as they're a decent person.

Also, he is very smart, educated, cunning, makes great moonshine, and managed to stay under Geralt's nose for weeks or months before Geralt realised he is a vampire, and it only happened after Regis broke Geralt and Dandelion out of prison by charming the guards, it was then Geralt and everyone else noticed Regis did not cast a shadow.
Oh, also, he fucked a succubus during their time in Toussaint in the books.

He was also funny sometimes, for example, contrary to most post-conjunction beings, he was immune to silver. During a feat in Toussaint he was holding one and explaining to people how silver is completely deadly to all vampires and they can't stand holding it for a second.

Long story short - he's the best person in the books. A total badass as well - he managed to tire Vilgefortz enough for Geralt to be able to beat him. If it was not for him, Geralt would've been pulverised by Vilgefortz.

My fabourite character from the books. I don't really like how CPR designed the way he looks, but if they pull that character off then he'll most likely be the most memorable thing in B&W by far.
>>
>>337919271
>>337918092
He is so well written and good that he carries last two fucking books along with Battle of Brenna. Really, some of this shit was bad, really bad. I still love early books and Season of Storms.
>>
>>337919271
Wait, do we have confirmation that Regis is in B&W?
Because I'm totally down for that.
>>
>>337919429
yes, it is cofirmed, but I suspect he is not really Regis
>>
>>337920001
Yeah, that'd be weird, because I seem to remember Regis got fucking turned to glass and melted
>>
>>337920391
>He regenerated after beheading.
>Author of setting confirmed that lack of him during scene of putting Geralt on a boat was because he is still "alive"

But...

>He regenerated after cutting his head off and it took 50 FUCKING YEARS.
>After something like this he would regenerate for ages or longer unless he would be healed by some sort of powerful magic.

Oh and:
>Castle where he was turned into glass was later bombed into pieces by wizards to hide any traces of what Vilgefortz did.
>>
What level is it gonna take to play this?
>>
>>337921348
NG+ goes from 70-100 so new game will be like 40-70
>>
>>337921348
Apparently it's 35, same as HoS
>>
>>337916130
>>337918092

Basically he's the biggest bro in the series to the point where Vernon/Iorveth cant even dream to compete with him in the bro department
>>
>>337920391
I don't remember where I've read it, but one article mentioned that the reason he's alive is that some other vampire performed an ancient blood ritual or something that resurrected Regis and made them blood brothers, I assume it's a major plot point in the expansion
>>
>>337918092
>Right, but what did he do that makes him so likeable?
Sapkowski's writing, really. You can say and think what you want about the overall writing in his books, but he knows how write witty and fun dialogue, and how to use language in exposition to make situations and characters feel comical and yet fairly belivable (when he want's).
Like say the little dwarf character in Game of Thrones, he's witty, charming, and proves himself to be a good and loyal person - much like in the case of the dwarf, there is a lot of jokes derived from the contrast of him being all powerful nearly immortal vampire but at the same time being kind, reserved, educated dude and an abject coward who just kinda wants to live and let live.
It's not particularly original and innovative, but mostly thanks to Sapkowsky's trademark fun dialogue flow, you can't help but to enjoy every moment he stars in the books.
>>
>>337918092
He has been fying when being drunk, crash landed got his head chopped off and buried by some angry rednecks. How can you not love him?
>>
Is it a good idea to start a new playthrough of The Witcher 3 with mods now? Or should I wait for mods to be compatible with B&W?
>>
>>337926431
what mods?
>>
>>337927364

I'm mostly interested in Brutal Combat
>>
>>337916130
basically the apex of why not every monster should be killed on sight.
>>
>>337927428
i couldnt get it to work on the latest version of tw3.

Actually i can't get alot of mods to work on the newest version. quite annoying really.
>>
>>337926431
>Is it a good idea to start a new playthrough of The Witcher 3 with mods now?
There might be compatibility issues. It really depends on the mods.
I use mostly small quality of life changes - jump in shallow water, no centering of camera when on horse or boat, stuff like that which should not break with the expansion.
Lightning mods should not interfere too much either, I think. Reshader mods should not break either, but they might make the new locations look like ass.

Gameplay changers, reballances, statballances, script-reliant mods and most importantly, anything that affects the U.I. are almost entirely positive to break and maybe fuck up your save in the process.
>>
>>337927612
>Actually i can't get alot of mods to work on the newest version. quite annoying really.
I had massive compatibility issues (the infamous script/debuff thing), but then I just deleted the entire mod folder, verified installation of TW3, reinstalled the mods one by one and everything runs groovy.

There is a different issue I feel like I should warn people who use GoG Galaxy client.
There is apparently a bug in that which currently causes the game to create infinitely long log file containing performance and bug crashes, usually in your system disk. I recently discovered the game secretly created a 28 gigabytes large debug .log file in programdata/Gog.com/Galaxy/redist directory on my C disk.
It was pretty annoying to track it down.
I've contacted the help desk, and I found on some forums that it does not happen to everyone, and that it can be avoided by disabling the "collect performance data" option in galaxy settings.

Just thought I might let you people know.
>>
Uh, given the way that vampires work in the Witcher setting, is there some kind of first or ultimate vampire being that causes all of this shit?

Is there any chance that this thing might be in Touissant and the final boss of the expansion, because it seems to have a pretty vampire-heavy theme going on.
>>
>>337929056
>is there some kind of first or ultimate vampire being that causes all of this shit?
Nope. Vampires came through the rifts during Conjunctions in many varieties and species, apparently from a world where they dominated the food chain. You can't track one first or ultimate vampire from which everything goes down hierarchically.
>>
>>337929219
Thanks Anon. I guess I'm too used to thinking about vamps via VtM.
>>
>>337919424
>Really, some of this shit was bad, really bad
Not some but rather absolutely everything with Ciri.
>>
I see so many conflicting reports about this DLC. Will there be more father/daughter time with Ciri or not? Or does this take place before she's found?
>>
>>337929349
This is where we agree bro. I wanted to fucking murder her in books, she is fucking twisted brat with no common sense of anything.

In game she is ok, actually.
>>
>>337929748
I liked how you could feel how worried Geralt was while Ciri was busy breaking the record for the worst streak of bad decisions ever concieved.
At least the hermit was a bro.
>>
>>337929056
I am kinda wondering how they will set up the higher vampire that is going around killing shit in the expansion. HoS had Olgierd and O'Dimm in hearty doses throughout. I can't imagine them being able to streamline a villain in this type of setting
>>
>>337929323
Yeah, Witcher does not play by those rules. Those are some biblical shit, but The Witcher universe is basically a junk dimension where life-forms and powers from all kind of alternate dimensions have a tendency to wind up unexpectedly. Vampirism in TW isn't a curse (it can't be lifted or undone), it's just a whole class of organisms that came from different worlds. It's unclear whenever their (sometimes) human like appearance is a result of their adaption to life among humans, or whenever they co-evolved with humans in some different dimension, or were even a result of somebody tampering with human biology (but that seems unlikely, given how they exist in variants ranging from completely un-human beast-like species to highly sophisticated ones like Regis).

Either way, vampires aren't cursed, infected or undead in TW settings, they are just an alternate form of life.
>>
>>337929998
It will probably be set up like a mystery plot, and one of the characters that we are introduced to among the nobility will be the higher vamp that's responsible for all of this (the Queen? One of her handmaidens? A consort?)

That's my guess, anyway.
>>
>>337929998
I heard from previews the story is like Se7en. A killer goes around killing knights that embody certain sins of sorts, like a knight with the initials DLC (not kidding) is killed for greed.
>>
>>337930030
Can the higher vampires get children then? Or have they all survived since arriving with the conjuntion of the spheres?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.