[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King of Dragon Pass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: dragonpass.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dragonpass.png
2 MB, 1024x768
King of dragon pass thread I guess

This game is an absolute masterpiece and I love everything about it , but now having finished it I can't seem to find any other similar games.

What genre is it actually? Can you help me find something like it /v/?
>>
CYOA/RPG/Strategy?
It's one of a kind but the devs are making a spiritual sequel so wait for that?

Space Rangers 2 might be similar though.
>>
>>337912534
>devs are making a spiritual sequel so wait for that?
whats it called?
>>
>>337912357
I would've fucking loved that game if it focused more on the actual village management / events instead of having all this mythical religious stuff in it

oh well
>>
>>337912614
http://sixages.com/
>>
File: 1461674079077.png (483 KB, 614x614) Image search: [Google]
1461674079077.png
483 KB, 614x614
>>337912651
>village management dime-a-dozen
>unique interpretation of per-abrahamanic religious ceremonies

'Yeah, give me more of the village management!"

>>337912357
Yeah there's a sequel coming out soon but after the devs refused to release the mac-exclusive (seriously) expansion content on the remake my enthusiasm has been curbed
>>
>>337913117

Not saying the game is bad, I just absolutely hate the concept of fantasy worlds that have no "rules", or to phrase it better, physical limitations
>>
>>337912651
>not enjoying using divine items to ravage and destroy your enemies and have songs written about your dinosaurs stampeding their armies
>>
>>337913117
what? why the hell is it mac exclusive?
>>
>>337913232
except the limitation's are very clearly in place

"magic" only came from the gods, and when the intended result matched a known ritual praising them

there were dragons and dwarfs, but they mostly kept to themselves except for a few easter eggs
>>
>>337913416
only the extra content was mac-exclusive, and it's because the devs were raging mac fags
>>
>>337913514
Yeah but the magic is just "magic" that makes everything possible

Consider something like Mistborn (in case you've read it), the magic in that universe has very clear limitations and rules of what can and can't be done

Maybe I just prefer low fantasy over high fantasy in general

maybe I'm a fag
>>
Should I get the steam version or the GoG version?
>>
>>337912357
>X thread I guess

I hate this faggotry
Cant you fucks be assertive?
no, you gotta be beta shits insecure about the success of your fuckibg thread
>>
>>337913884
s-sorry
>>
>>337913796
not really. it has to corresponds with a mythological event, and has to be initiated by the proper ritual.

i know what you are talking about, but it doesn't apply to KoDP
>>
>>337913884
Alright I guess
>>
>>337913884
>he's so insecure about his masculinity he has to assert his imagined dominance over others on an online imageboard for autists and manchildren
>>
>>337914018
Huh, really?

Guess I'll try it again
>>
>>337913884
d-do you want me to be your healer?
>>
>>337913884
shit lad believe it or not I was half expecting some autist to criticize that "I guess" when i made the thread. but the purpose of it is to make me look more approchable or something like that I guess
>>
>beat game recently, like a week ago, using the gog version
>try out the phone version
>can't set crafters, assigning nobles is a pain in the dick, can't specify grain percentages, can't SAVE THE GAME
what is going on
>>
>>337915116
is there any other ending besides getting married and crowned ?
>>
>>337916797
There are four endings.
>own clan marries grazers
>other clan marries grazers
>short game ending, basically a review of what you've accomplished
>loss, dispersal of clan
>>
>>337912357
Is it static? Will sacrificing to ernelda ever make a great event or will it always do nothing because the dev is athiest and works on logic or are there actually real gods who care.
>>
>>337917076
it's random I think.Sacrificing often helps
>>
Anyone got working apk for this? Mine didn't work at all.
>>
>>337917076
Sacrificing does help, the gods have a lot of power in the game's setting. Divination is also extremely useful, since your clan's ancestors see everything that happens on your lands.
>>
DO NOT FIGHT THE DUCKS

I REPEAT

DO NOT FIGHT THE DUCKS
>>
>>337913117
First, polytheistic != "pre-abrahamic"
and second, Abraham never lived in Glorantha
>>
>>337912357
There was sequel announced, wasnt there?
>>
>>337917259
The amount you sacrifice determines the chance of success.

never sacrifice cattle, they're too important compared to goods & thralls.
>>
File: FUCK THE DUCKS.png (437 KB, 641x481) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THE DUCKS.png
437 KB, 641x481
>>337917871

SHUT UP DAVE.
>>
>>337913884
Virgin detected.
>>
>>337917871
When I played the game for the first time I destroyed the ducks pretty early and then fucked with the centaurs or whatever their name was. I was in for a surprise.
>>
File: DuckWarriors.jpg (126 KB, 634x347) Image search: [Google]
DuckWarriors.jpg
126 KB, 634x347
>beloved neighbors,have you heard the word of Humakt?
>>
Expeditions Conquistador is King's Bounty-like that has resource management and random events where the outcome depends on your stats and decisions. You'll have characters getting sick, getting ambushed at night, meeting natives with unclear intentions etc.
The text events are not the the main focus of the game, but they're there and I can't recall any other games that do that except Oregon Trail and Darklands.
>>
>>337918982
thanks famiglia I"ll give it a try
>>
>>337913883
Steam is mobile version with its pros and cons.
GOG is the old one.
>>
>>337913796
Mistborn is hardly limited, they have no idea of all the things Allomancy and Feruchemy combinations can do. That in addition to all the Investiture bullshit going on with the setting, the technology of the masked southern peoples and the potential of introducing the god metals of Ruin and Preservation back into the setting, introducing sixteen more alloys giving thirty two new Allomantic and Feruchemical abiliites and an untold number of combinations.
>>
>>337912357
This game looks awesome. Thanks for shilling it
>>
>>337921739
gotta earn my cents
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.