[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firewatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: images (12).jpg (17 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
17 KB, 512x288
Worth the time? How was it?
>>
It's pretty short so it's not like you'd waste a lot of time on it, but it's not worth the price
>>
Short and anti-climatic
>>
pretentious garbage
>>
Worth the time, not worth the money
>>
The writing and the characters are superb. But it's not for everyone.
>>
>>337908865

/v/ - Videogames

this is not a game
>>
>>337910106
This. I wish more games used art styles like this, it's comfy as fuck.
>>
>>337910229
What do you think a game is?
>>
>>337908865
it's a nice experience, but 20 dollars are too much
>>
>>337908865
played it for 3.5 hours, completed it, enjoyed it very much, and got a refund
would recommend
>>
The story is fucking stupid and none of the choices you make have any impact on the outcome whatsoever. You also do nothing in the entire game but walk around and click on objects.
>>
File: 1457977623542.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457977623542.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
Biggest fucking disappointment of the year so far for me. I'm still mad about it; I followed it through fucking development religiously because it looked like a great mystery game. And it wasn't. It was a 3 hour long slap to the fucking jaw because the ending was LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED LMAO JUST SOME DUDE WITH PTSD SPOOKIN YA LIVIN OUT IN THE WOODS ALSO DEAD KID

Fuck the developers. So glad I didn't spend money on it. Like, fuck, I believed in this game enough TOO spend money on it, but everyone I knew told me 'don't'.

Art style is really pretty though. The writing is good, feels right if not a bit cheesy sometimes. But like I said, the story -- presumably the main thing drawing you to this game -- is just fucking retarded at end, it more or less insults you. If you can get it on sale for like 5 bucks, sure. But not the full amount.
>>
I was so looking forward to this game from the that like 20 gameplay video and the trailers.

I stopped playing within 10 minutes. That bullshit walk-stop-read-decide-walk-repeat four to five more times.

THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO PLOT DUMP FIREWATCH, YOU LOST A CUSTOMER
>>
>>337908865
Pay no more than 5$ for this 5 hours "game".
>>
4 hours of walking, to find out that the mastermind behind it all is just some shitty father who let his kid die, and decided to just fuck around with you for a couple weeks.

Also you never even see Delilah's face.
>>
>Super comfy
>good story
>cheap
What more can you want anon?
>>
>>337910709
Basically this. It's only fault is how short and anti climatic it all is.
Also the devs.
Beginner's guide is ultimately better, had
a better twist and a way deeper, and better story.
>>
>>337910405
Kek

This is what devs get for thinking they can mask a shitty game with tryhard graphics
>>
Imagine an X-Files episode where half way through the investigation, Mulder and Scully just give up and go home.

That's Firewatch.
>>
>>337911317
>cheap
>19.99$
>>
>>337908865

well lets put it this way

do you care more about the journey or the destination?
>>
>>337911448
Journey
>>
The game looks really nice, the dialogue is for the most part excellent.

Its a 4 hour hiking simulator.

Ending is really polarizing, the climax is disappointing.

I'm glad I played it, I thought about it a lot in the weeks afterwards, mostly about how some of its flaws should have been fixed.

Give it a pirate at least.
>>
>>337911527

well then you might like Firewatch

for real though the ending is pretty shit you probably won't be satisfied with it like everybody else
>>
Cuck meme in video game form. Not even a joke.
>>
I wanted to play that fishing mini game so bad. It ruined the whole thing for me.
>>
GIMME BACK MY SON
>>
>>337908865
Almost no dialog in this game was sincere. Sarcasm ALL the time, It got really tiring to listen to. Also the ending was garbage and clearly a result of either budget or technical skill limitations.
It was comfy sometimes but that's really all it had going for it.
>>
>watching the fire far away and flirting with a slightly tipsy Delilah over the walkie talkie
one of the comfiest moments in gaming for me
unfortunately the game went downhill after that
>>
>>337911967
>Sarcasm ALL the time, It got really tiring to listen to.
Holy shit, this. Do Americans not know any way to interact with each other?
>>
Why there was almost no animals In the fucking FOREST.
>>
It's short enough that you can get your money back at the end. One of the devs even cried online about all the returns.
>>
>>337910106
This. i loved it but it doesnt worth 20€, it's fucking too short.
>>
>>337908961
>It's pretty short so it's not like you'd waste a lot of time on it
lol'd
>>
I imagine that this game is exactly what "exploring" in no man's sky will be like.
>>
>>337912103
What do you expect from people who browse 4chan?
>>
File: 1463228250730.jpg (174 KB, 564x657) Image search: [Google]
1463228250730.jpg
174 KB, 564x657
It's a shorter, shittier Rain for PS3
>>
>>337908865
I usually hate "story" games but this was great

I would really recommend it

The only issue I has was the climbing animations. Gave me severe motion sickness for some reason
>>
File: fire sale.png (742 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
fire sale.png
742 KB, 1440x810
OH GOD WERE HAVING A FIRE watch
>>
File: charismadog.jpg (23 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
charismadog.jpg
23 KB, 500x276
I liked the ending the more I thought about it. Was a game more about family and relationships than a great mystery.
>>
>>337910034
This. When you learn the game was made by Macfags, it all starts to makes sense.

The game is about a man and a woman gossiping for 2 hours.
>>
>>337912582
As if the game was made by people who browse 4chan.
>>
File: 1453740585304.jpg (89 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1453740585304.jpg
89 KB, 640x640
>>337910229
>haha it's not a video game guise, it's a walking simulator lol get it right faggots
>>
>>337914113
Anyone who would try to preserve a relationship with someone suffering severe dementia is a fool clinging to lost hope. The ending was fucking asinine.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.