[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Dead on Arrival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12
File: homefront.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
homefront.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
ITT: Dead on Arrival
>>
nah, it was dead before that

why is there even another game
>>
File: 1461960710171.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461960710171.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: social-share.jpg (203 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
social-share.jpg
203 KB, 1200x628
>>337906084
Oops, wrong picture
>>
File: 1449488882121.jpg (34 KB, 525x503) Image search: [Google]
1449488882121.jpg
34 KB, 525x503
>The publishers thinking that anyone on planet Earth cares even a little bit about the first Homefront game

It didn't even DoA. It died in the womb.
>>
>>337905990
>why is there even another game
First of all, as a general rule of thumb, it's still safer and less of a risk to release a sequel to an unsuccessful franchise than it is to introduce a new IP.
Second of all, the game has been in development for over five years and it's primary goal was to quickly jump on the open world bandwagon that was just slowly building up at the time, but it got stuck in a development hell after the whole mess of THQ getting canned - missed it's original release window by some two years and it's now in the unfortunate position of finally being done and released as the sandbox fatigue has firlmly settled in.
>>
>>337906259
It's simple statistics. Likelyhood of people caring about Homefront 2 is far greater than likelyhood of people caring for an new IP title provided the same amount of marketing investment. People don't really have to know if the original was good, all they need to know it's an established brand and they are more likely to buy it.
>>
>>337906347
I'll be surprised if it sells a sizeable amount.
>>
>Protected by Denuvo

I wonder why
>>
File: USmilitaryOUT.jpg (74 KB, 700x507) Image search: [Google]
USmilitaryOUT.jpg
74 KB, 700x507
>>337905850
Fuck this Propaganda bullshit. Makes me sick. the U.S. government will use any assets it has to demonize a country that isn't their bitch
>>
>>337905850
It would be if it didn't have the first few levels of timesplitters 2 included
>>
>releasing it in the same month as Uncharted 4, Doom, and Overwatch. It's like they want to fail.
>>
>>337906415
>I'll be surprised if it sells a sizeable amount.
I'd be surprised if it does not. Plus: The "sequels sell better than IP's" rule does not have to work 100% of time, it just works often enough to pay off in the long run. This particular game got really screwed up during the development, so it's failure is not improbable, but it's far more likely due to poor release window reluctance of the producer to invest considerably into marketing than it being a sequel to an unsuccesful IP.

>>337906524
This is North Korea though. I'm not exactly thrilled about Americans making another dumb self-wanking material about them fighting a just fight against an evil foe, but you can't really demonize North Korea and do it an disservice: they are actually doing enough themselves.
>>
Homefront wasn't even good. Freedom Fighters did the same thing but better.
>>
They changed it all around and made it open world and blah blah. Honestly if it had thousands of dollars in my bank account Id probably buy this. The first one was bad, but kinda good and I liked it a little.
>>
>>337906675
"they are actually doing enough themselves."

You probably believe all that bullshit of kim having his uncle eaten by dogs or other such nonsense. all the original sources are fucking sire news papers one of them from china

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jong-un-uncle-fed-to-120-dogs-story-begun-by-chinese-satirist-9042072.html
a slew of others were bull as well
>>
>>337907262
Are you actually implying that North Korean regime isn't the worst existing officially recognized totalitarian regime country in the world right now?
>>
WILL IT USE DENUVO?
>>
File: bababaoomamamao.jpg (61 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
bababaoomamamao.jpg
61 KB, 500x621
>>337907417
the fact that you think that is hilarious, You probably even think its illegal to watch foreign films there too. US backed regimes Saudi Arabia and qutar are plenty worse then the DPRK. they behead children for fuck sake and dont even let woman go out unaccompanied by a man not to mention they fucking fund ISIS.

Also you do know that the south Korean Government is also family oriented? the president Park Guen-hye, her father is Park Chung Hee who was the south Korean general who ran the country before her. Btw I'm American; thats how i know this stuff.
>>
File: latest.jpg (334 KB, 1195x1500) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
334 KB, 1195x1500
desu
>>
File: eternalc.jpg (45 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
eternalc.jpg
45 KB, 530x300
This sad shell of a game
>>
>>337908120
First of all, IS is not a country, it has never been recognized as such. It's a radical insurgence. Second of all: no, Saudi Arabia is still more liberal regime than North Korea. Four of all:

>Btw I'm American; thats how i know this stuff.
Yeah, I figured you are an American alright. Nothing than a spoiled american millenial that never had to work defending a totalitarian regime which fails to provide food for it's it's polulace, has life-long imprisonment¨for those who disagree with the sole and absolute government, but does have money for developing nuclear arsenal.
>>
File: BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg (39 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg
39 KB, 250x315
I unironicaly feel bad about it, because I think it had some nice feature
>>
>>337906686
That's honestly al hoping for from the revolution, just a decent guerrilla warfare game that I can get something like Ziggy's mod for fc3 for
>>
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/homefront-the-revolution-review

Wew lads
>>
>>337906675
>I'll be surprised if it does not.

Why? The first game didn't even sell well. Reading in comment sections on articles from before the game was even released, a majority of the top comments were overwhelmingly negative. This game won't sell shit.
>>
>>337909407
>The first game didn't even sell well.
Again, the sales of the first game do not really matter that much. They matter less than the first game existed and people sorta remember that it existed. If the game is going to bomb, it's because it had virtually no marketing before release (seriously, I had no fucking idea it's done untill now, and I keep generally a very close eye on what is going on in the industry), poor release window and genre-fatigue.

But the existence of the first game is always going to improve the sale chances, regardless of how well it was accepted. Plus, titles this large and from this popular genres generally speaking tend to rack up more sales than you think, and while it is unlikely to be a sleeping hit, I would not be surprised if it still sells more than you'd believe on the fact that it's an established IP and a genre that still does have some appeal to it.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (78 KB, 1249x476) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
78 KB, 1249x476
M E D I O C R E
>>
>>337908721
brainwashed cuck
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>337905850
>>
>>337911436
Says the american kid literally defending totalitarian regime in order to feel more contrarian and unique. Sure.
>>
>>337909648
LOL! Holy fuck dude. Simmer the hell down. It's a VIDEO GAME! Think about that before you open your mouth and make yourself look like the saddest piece of shit I've seen all day. I know NOTHING about you except that you're worthless and have no life IE. time to check these things out and care. Hope you're proud of yourself. I really do. I sincerely hope for a SPLIT second you feel better about yourself because you downloaded and rummaged through all the levels of your favourite Video Game in fucking STEAM just to point out he said his opinion. That was going to blow the fucking CONTINUITY out of the water and blow our FUCKING minds somehow. Being that Video Games are known for their sharp and detective like continuity. Steam. Even the fucking CREATOR said fuck this and LEFT....but you...no YOU sat down and figured this out and now you look SO brilliant in front of us. Man....is my face red. I'm so ashamed of myself for not being a big fucking loser who has to spend my time nitpicking a fucking KIDS game (even in Japan it's for CHILDREN you weeaboo piece of shit) like you. Nice work.
>>
>>337906487
Denuvo's retarded, I've stopped buying games with it because they all have long load times and I'm no longer trying and possibly buying games like homefront and doom
>>
Oh yeah, that comes out today don't it. Wonder if it'll have any good music. The first one got some good metal covers on it.
>>
>>337911659
Not the same guy. Not even American. Stay retarded though.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 2067x1602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 2067x1602
>tfw you loved the first homefront game
It had a lot of good things.
>>
>>337906487
>>337911990
It doesn't have Denuvo.
>>337912361
>The first one got some good metal covers on it.
No it didn't, get some taste you fucking American teenager.
>>
>>337912709
HIDE IN MASS GRAVE
>>
>doesn't come out till friday in the uk
lmao
>>
>>337913068
*paws X
>>
>>337912709
I thought it was alright too, especially the multiplayer.

Not great, just good.
>>
>>337905850
Fuck.

Doom turned out alright despite everything saying otherwise so I guess you can't get lucky twice in one month.

Still I can't help but think people are been a little unfair to it.
>>
>Start game
>Cis white man turned traitor killed a nigger woman within 10 minutes of a cut scenes

No wonder reviewers hates this game
>>
>>337906259
I havr been waiting for this since I played Homefront. Best fps after Cod4.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.