[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Psychonauts so good and why will Psychonauts 2 suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: psycho.png (274 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
psycho.png
274 KB, 500x296
Why was Psychonauts so good and why will Psychonauts 2 suck?
>>
>>337901128
Because early 2000's were still the time when everything wasn't ruined by Internet.
>>
>>337901128
Psychonauts 2 will suck because Double Fine has been incorporated.
If you look at the making of Psychonauts, you can tell that they lived in total shit conditions - some kinda industrial warehouse that they'd cleared out - and the only thing that kept them going was passion for the game. Now they got a comfy lot in the middle of San Fran with what I assume is a reasonable paycheque, and are working on multiple projects. Applying the same level of soul-shattering work would be insane.
And so the heart and soul is lost.
>>
>>337901128
Schaefer wasn't a feminist cuck back then.
>>
I'd imagine it'll be more this >>337901589 than this >>337901667
>>
File: kotickmoneyball.jpg (31 KB, 637x314) Image search: [Google]
kotickmoneyball.jpg
31 KB, 637x314
>>337901128
It needs someone to crack the whip
>>
>>337901589
>>337903000
So you're saying he's a george lucas type? That needs pressure to perform?
>>
>>337903381
Not that anon but Schaeffer definitely needs a publisher to keep his retarded ass in line or else he fails to deliver

I am still disappoint about what he did to brutal legend
>>
File: lain art.jpg (176 KB, 1188x864) Image search: [Google]
lain art.jpg
176 KB, 1188x864
>>337903381
I'm saying it's a bit more complex than just whipping Tim in line, it's a combo of things. It's partly what I already described, but also the fact that the original devs of Psychonauts are getting fucking old. They're experienced, they know what works and what doesn't, and thus keep their expectations a whole lot more reasonable. Broken Age comes to mind, as the definition of a "reasonable" game - but it lacked any spark whatsoever.
Basically it's a trio of cushy conditions, cynical mentality and a lack of authority imo.
>>
Is psychonauts worth a play?
>>
>>337906020
God no. Painfully outdated gameplay with cringworthy dialogue that made kids laugh when they were 13 and played it for the first time.
>>
>>337906020
Yes, it's fun.
>>
File: Chen having a sippy.png (689 KB, 680x544) Image search: [Google]
Chen having a sippy.png
689 KB, 680x544
Schaefer had someone to pull him in line then.
>>
>>337906107
Does it take effort to shitpost or does it come naturally?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.