[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you think that Overwatch will release pay to win content at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: yyGFZgv.jpg (265 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
yyGFZgv.jpg
265 KB, 720x1080
do you think that Overwatch will release pay to win content at some point?
>>
No, don't think so.
As of now, I can't even see anything that would even allow p2w to be introduced.
They said that the new heroes and maps will be free updates. And they also said they don't plan to introduce alternative weapons for the old heroes, like weapons in TF2. Leveling system is purely cosmetic, so xp boosters or loot crates can't be p2w even if they'll be sold in the cash shop.
>>
>>337900321
>they said
>>
>>337900558
Yes. You can read, congratulations.
>>
>>337900624
oh.......
>>
File: 1461187739005.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
1461187739005.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1448
>>337899981
no
their developer diary and FAQ both state that Heroes and Maps will be free, and the thing they bet on for making money are the lootboxes.
the backlash would be waaaay too big if they added something gameplay changing that could only be aquired by paying.
>>
File: 1461172639461.jpg (88 KB, 1149x855) Image search: [Google]
1461172639461.jpg
88 KB, 1149x855
>>337901084
>blizzard's word
>>
>>337901946
You know God damn well with the comparisons made constantly to Tf2 that if they did a single fucking p2w thing they would be burried. They aren't that retarded.
>>
File: tv363q6t.png (210 KB, 287x304) Image search: [Google]
tv363q6t.png
210 KB, 287x304
>>337903013
>They aren't that retarded
>>
>>337903087
They are a company with a fair amount of fucking money. They are so popular they can have their own launcher not be tied to steam and still make big bucks. They have the money to pay market analysts to tell them that it's stupid. It is a fucking job to tell company's what is stupid and what isn't stupid. This isn't a shitty little dev publisher like gearbox, this is someone who can literally pay people to think for them.
>>
>>337903225
despite all of this, they still make retarded decisions all the time
>>
>>337903494
I haven't seen many recently. The shitting down of vanilla servers isn't retarded at all and they have several reasons to do it. Many people that played vanilla or model servers on twitch ended up advertising an oposing free product which made it to where they where losing out on potential sales. They aren't retarded , they are just Jews that can make unpopular decisions. Even hots isn't bad and they made a card game into a game with millions of fucking players that it doesn't deserve. You have to take notice of their business sense when it comes to the handling of the games themselves, they are retarded in how they handle things like tournaments but you have to fucking understand those aren't the same fucking people handling the games that are making those decisions
>>
>>337903812
*modded servers
On the phone.
>>
>>337903812
>they are just Jews that can make unpopular decisions
making overwatch p2w doesn't seem like a jewish and unpopular decision to you?
>>
I think that the game is going to drop off in profitability hard and fast after launch, and Blizzard is going to introduce paid piecemeal content to try and milk all the existing players for all they're worth.

They can't help it anymore. After WoW got millions of players to pay $15 a month they're not content to just sell their game.
>>
>>337903987
the backlash against blizzard due to the vanilla servers was mostly from non-customers
the backlash from making overwatch p2w would cause resentment from paying customers and thus would actively decrease their revenue
>>
>>337904115
they'd make it p2w well into its lifespan after it's done with the majority of its sales, and making it p2w wouldn't be any different than neo-blizz fans are used to
>>
>>337903987
That's a completely different kind of jewry though. The Jewish decision they made for shutting down vanilla servers was one to take out competition for a product they themselves own. Putting in p2w shit wouldn't be something jewish, it would be retarded and kill the game. Jewish decisions are good decisions that don't kill of your product but rather get more money flowing to it. They know that making shit p2w or trying to do a bunch of expansion shit would kill off the game which is why they made it an advertised point thay all future characters would be free along with maps which is why they said that in the first place. That's the thing you don't understand, you aren't looking at how they are advertising it and as thus don't know how they will treat the audience. If they are bringing in people who want free shit because it's 2016 then they will have to treat the game as such or the interest WILL BE KILLED FOR IT which is a very obvious thing. The last thing blizzard wants is their games to die. The most jewish thing you will get for this is likely just adding in more skins or parts of skins for purchase and that's it.
>>
>>337904304
*that all
Sorry I'm still on my phone.
>>
>>337904304
>it would be retarded and kill the game
it would be the best route financially and it wouldn't kill the game at all just like p2w shit hasn't killed the majority of games it's in
>>
>>337901084
>"the thing they bet on to make money"
>game already costs at least $40 bucks

Goddamn jews
>>
>>337899981
they already tried pay2win with diablo 3.
>>
Has any Blizzard game ever released pay to win content? Where is this question coming from besides the depths of your ass? Why would you assume it's coming to a game with no strings attached besides maybe some cosmetics, because the devs have said time and time again that the game is built around everyone having access to all the heroes.
>>
>>337904631
It will kill the game when it's been an advertising point and yes pay to win games have died before when switching to pay to win. Go to steam and check out a fair amount of the pay 2 win mmos or team shooters. The majority are failures. It would not be the best route financially because then the game would fucking die, making it to where they don't get any future customers interested in any possibly new projects. Blizzard already has a large outcry against them and if they fuck up more it will hurt a company of their size badly, they know this. Blizzard fans fucking trust blizzard nearly blindly, so if they get caught in a fucking blatant lie when there is already a huge outcry against them it will lose them faithful customers.
>>
>>337904930
only time will really tell, but you're retarded if you don't think there's a decent chance it'll go p2w just based off of blizzard's track record alone
>>
>>337905060
I'm not basing this off their track record. If you've read any of my posts you'd see my argument is for common business sense that they can pay other people to know for them. I do agree however that if climates change enough then yeah it may be a likely outcome, but it would be like tf2s drop system which they can abuse the hell out of, "Oh you want widowmaker new sniper rifle? Well dont worry you can get it for 2.99 or from a drop where you will normally get almost nothing other than useless shit like avatar icons and voice lines." People will break and pay the 2.99 easily.
>>
>>337904817
Diablo 3, market with real money, % of item goes to Blizzard's bank
>>
>>337905360
Technically not pay to win but I can see how you'd think it is. It's like steam doing a tax for market transactions.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.